ATF's RBN Song about GNF and Opening Acts

atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
edited December 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I promised that if any Dream Theater song was announced for Rock Band within the next two months, I'd make a song about how much I love GNF and Opening Acts.

So basically I need an Authoring Group that is fine with authoring this song. It will probably be about 3 minutes and will include a couple crazy solos because I'll probably have fun with it.

Anyways, I'm hoping for as big of an authoring group as possible (TAG? I'm lookin' at you) who doesn't mind authoring it for no upfront cost (I am a poor going-into-college person)

Anyone up for it? Also, any suggestions for the song?

Comments

  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4515621 said:
    I'd suggest two songs, but I dunno if a whole song can be done about Opening Acts.
    Probably not. It's a lot easier to write a song about a singular entity than a group (especially when said group isn't a "group" at all).

    I'd say Opening Acts could get at least 1 verse. GNF can have the rest.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited October 2011
    TubaDude49;4515627 said:

    EDIT: Even if he doesn't want to do it, I still would...

    Well, if he really wants to, the more forum members, the better. Unless it becomes a mess, that is. But I'd be glad to, but be warned, though. I have a lot of haters.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    PowerGamer990;4515632 said:
    Probably not. It's a lot easier to write a song about a singular entity than a group (especially when said group sucks).
    Fixed.
  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4515649 said:
    Fixed.
    Who else but GNF? ;)
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    It's going to be a full band song. Probably less than or equal to 3 minutes long. Solos on every instrument. I plan on getting it done, like, tomorrow, so don't expect anything too amazing, though it will sound kinda cool, but the lyrics will probably really suck.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4515545 said:
    You will need to mention his multiple bans, his obsession with that My Little Pony show, and the whole Wet Blanket thing.
    Rock Band will be finally invaded by Bronies.

    Hell yes.
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2011
    I'm going to buy this too. Just because.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited October 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4515610 said:
    Who said it'd be negative? It's a song about how he loves me. Everything needs a positive spin.

    And us Opening Acts, cause he loves us with his solo filled heart. If you want some awesome lyrics that I just made up, try these:

    "(G-N-F) lifts my dreams,
    to the highest extremes,
    like a My Little Pony,
    which by god ain't no phony,
    We'll watch the talented Pony Show,
    except in the country of Meh-hi-co,
    He'll be my wet blanket for the opening act,
    just like that man ClaptonsWig and that's a fact!
    Going to new heights, levels and features,
    As we'll platonically make out like we're under the bleachers!

    (G-N-F)
    I'm writing love songs without my Crayola crayons,
    Hopefully you'll hear my devoted cries,
    I'll never tell you any lies,
    I still can't figure out what rhymes with crayons!"
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    Thanks, guys. I get 10% of the backend profit, so it'll really help.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited October 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4515756 said:
    Thanks, guys. I get 10% of the backend profit, so it'll really help.

    Oh boo on that!
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    My lyrics so far:

    I love GNF
    He's just so awesome
    He posts lots and lots
    and that's why we love him

    He got banned twice yesterday
    We all laughed but that's okay
    Now let's shut up so we can hear
    what GNF has to say

    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited October 2011
    ClaptonsWig;4515755 said:
    And us Opening Acts, cause he loves us with his solo filled heart. If you want some awesome lyrics that I just made up, try these:

    "(G-N-F) lifts my dreams,
    to the highest extremes,
    like a My Little Pony,
    which by god ain't no phony,
    We'll watch the talented Pony Show,
    except in the country of Meh-hi-co,
    He'll be my wet blanket for the opening act,
    just like that man ClaptonsWig and that's a fact!
    Going to new heights, levels and features,
    As we'll platonically make out like we're under the bleachers!

    (G-N-F)
    I'm writing love songs without my Crayola crayons,
    Hopefully you'll hear my devoted cries,
    I'll never tell you any lies,
    I still can't figure out what rhymes with crayons!"

    You should record that. It's too brilliant to go to waste.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited October 2011
    atalkingfish;4515761 said:
    My lyrics so far:

    I love GNF
    He's just so awesome
    He posts lots and lots
    and that's why we love him

    He got banned twice yesterday
    We all laughed but that's okay
    Now let's shut up so we can hear
    what GNF has to say

    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

    Needs more blah
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    atalkingfish;4515761 said:
    Now let's shut up so we can hear
    what GNF has to say
    I hope the whole band stops for a few seconds after that.

    And if the blahs are real, that they're done with no instrumentation.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited October 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4515769 said:
    I hope the whole band stops for a few seconds after that.

    And if the blahs are real, that they're done with no instrumentation.

    I think a Janis Joplin-Shriek should bring the band into the picture, full of blah
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4515769 said:
    I hope the whole band stops for a few seconds after that.
    OR! Or...

    After you say that part, full silence. Then, (in a talkie bit), you mumble, "...What? Banned again? REALLY?" and then the song picks back up.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2011
    atalkingfish;4515761 said:
    I love GNF
    He's just so awesome
    He posts lots and lots
    and that's why we love him

    He got banned twice yesterday
    We all laughed but that's okay
    Now let's shut up so we can hear
    what GNF has to say

    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

    Stroke of genius. I smell Grammy nomination.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited October 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4515774 said:
    OR! Or...

    After you say that part, full silence. Then, (in a talkie bit), you mumble, "...What? Banned again? REALLY?" and then the song picks back up.

    I was gonna actually suggest that, but with a solo starting after that.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4515777 said:
    I was gonna actually suggest that, but with a solo starting after that.
    Yeah, I was thinking of giving the Opening Act bit during my ban, too. Cover them in the second verse, then the third verse can be all about how everyone thought I was gonna stay gone, and threads are erected to welcome me back, as usual.
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    This is going to be AMAZING.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited October 2011
    You should make it more like Ziggy Stardust, and have it be a song about GNF, with him as a character in an ambiguous little story, and the Opening Acts representing the characters that surround him. But obviously have him be more of a hero than Ziggy Stardust, due to his awesomeness. In fact, not really much like Ziggy Stardust at all, but I still think it'd be a good starting point.

    And maybe lift direct quotes from GNF's forum posts, and then awkwardly put them together in pairings where they rhyme.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    LuigiHann;4515792 said:
    You should make it more like Ziggy Stardust, and have it be a song about GNF, with him as a character in an ambiguous little story, and the Opening Acts representing the characters that surround him. But obviously have him be more of a hero than Ziggy Stardust. In fact, not really much like Ziggy Stardust at all, but I still think it'd be a good starting point for inspiration.
    That seems a little...high-end. Not that I'm against it, but he's short on time, so we'd have to chip in.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, it's more just me talking about how much I love GNF and how much I love Opening Acts.
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    There needs to be a bit about how he pushes whatever life he has away, just to get banned again.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited October 2011
    atalkingfish;4515801 said:
    Yeah, it's more just me talking about how much I love GNF and how much I love Opening Acts.

    free lyrics *nudge nudge* Unless you want me to record a song about MY love for GNF, as Gigakoops has me wondering to myself
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    Guys, guys, you can ALL record songs about me, and I will buy each one as they reach the Store.
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    You should name the song: GNF? NFW
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited October 2011
    MourganDespana;4515813 said:
    We should name the song: GNF? NFW

    I like the title

    "Thank God I'm Wearing Jeans"
Sign In or Register to comment.