RBN DLC Discussion: 10/6/2011 (Xbox), 10/11/2011 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited October 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 10/6/2011

Hip-Hop/Rap

* IDLEMINE - "Wicked N' Wild" (160 MSP)

Metal

* Attack Attack! - "Last Breath" (160 MSP)
* Attack Attack! - "Last Breath (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
* We Set The Sun - "Cody" (160 MSP)

New Wave

* Denullification - "Winter Water Waves" (80 MSP)

Pop-Rock

* Daryle Stephen Ackerman - "Run Away With Me" (80 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 10/11/2011 (North America) and Wednesday, 10/12/2011 (Europe)

* Freezepop - "Doppelg

Comments

• DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited October 2011
    HMXLachesis;4516354 said:
    Temporarily eaten by an unclosed tag - sorry about that. We're fixing it! (It'll take a moment to refresh.)

Oh no! Amberian got eaten alive :( lol
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    I saw the 2x Bass Pedal thing coming...I was just hoping "Battle of Egos Part I" would be one of the ones that made it over. Ah well, glad to see the PS3 people have a choice from these 5 songs. Curious to know how it'll go.

The Daryle Stephen Ackerman track has rhythm guitar authored to keys/Pro Keys. While it's not very difficult, it transitioned well, so hopefully people will like that. Future Daryle songs actually have keys that will be authored, but since this one didn't I thought it'd be a nice experiment.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    For me, it will be "The Space for This" and possibly "City of Corruption"... both as 2x Bass pedal versions, of course :)
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    space for this and morte et dabo 2x bass are both LOADS of fun. space for this is freaking awesome on its own as well
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Wicked N' Wild is a fantastic song. And one of the most fun songs I've played in a long time.

Was tempted to get Winter Water Waves, but oh well.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4516405 said:
    Wicked N' Wild is a fantastic song. And one of the most fun songs I've played in a long time.
    This.

Also picked up "Last Breath" and "Cody".
  • edited October 2011
    Amberian Dawn, Cynic and Freezepop in one week. This is officially my favorite week of PS3 RBN DLC ever.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    This is the 'something special' for 10/11? Gets a big M-E-H from me. Yeah, mostly because I don't drum, but also because this was pretty predictable. Yay for the savage insane drummers who wanted this, good for you guys.
  • ONslaughT_209ONslaughT_209 Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    Way to get everyones hopes up with the special shi*. should have stated this was FOR DRUMMERS ONLY.... so all of us wouldnt have gotten our hopes up. thanks alot.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited October 2011
    ONslaughT_209;4516566 said:
    Way to get everyones hopes up with the special shi*. should have stated this was FOR DRUMMERS ONLY.... so all of us wouldnt have gotten our hopes up. thanks alot.

This.
    I felt the same way.
    But i've gotten over it.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    RBN is for metal, drummers, and drummers of metal. If you thought any differently then that's on you.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    Santa Claustrophobia;4516812 said:
    RBN is for metal, drummers, and drummers of metal. If you thought any differently then that's on you.

again, rock and metal make up the exact same percent of RBN songs. yes, THE EXACT SAME PERCENT. so, this argument is moot.

although, especially after HMX asking if the community wanted 2x bass songs on PS3, they should have seen this coming.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Man small week for me, just * Daryle Stephen Ackerman - "Run Away With Me"

And nothing in the regular DLC this week either.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Looking forward to some ganger action.
  • dansolodansolo Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    Excellent, ps3 Rock Banders finally have access to double bass, hopefully they can do this same sort of thing every once in awhile i.e. double up with 10 songs with 5 being double bass. I am very excited and will be buying all of them, maybe even the single pedal versions too out of deference. I have loved HMX for a long time and this assures that will continue for even longer.
  • FinalAeonFinalAeon Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    I'm not too excited for the double bass thing and I feel it definitely didn't need to be made into such a big deal. I'm happy though for the people asking for those. My foot gets slaughtered by some of the single bass charts already, so no thanks.

Other than that, this is probably the best week for me in a long time for RBN songs. I'll definitely be getting "The Space For This" (one of my requested songs), "City Of Corruption" (damn fun looking charts) and "Soy Bomb" (GH2 nostalgia). I'm still on the fence for Doppelg
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited October 2011
    Meh.

Will the PS3 be getting some 2X Bass Pedal weeks like this on occasion again?
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited October 2011
    Bront20;4517325 said:
    Meh.

Will the PS3 be getting some 2X Bass Pedal weeks like this on occasion again?

Depends on the response to this one.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited October 2011
    FinalAeon;4517295 said:
    I'm not too excited for the double bass thing and I feel it definitely didn't need to be made into such a big deal.
    Serious question: without giving the game away, how would you have foreshadowed it? The only thing we ever posted was one sentence: "We've got something extra-special planned on PS3 RBN for the release on Tuesday, October 11."

I got worried about reactions when I saw some of the crazy speculation - in fact, I stepped into the discussion thread (here) to clarify that it was a one-time event rather than a giant policy change. But people still kept suggesting things like you could author now on PS3, or maybe PS3 would get songs simultaneously with Xbox.

In that environment of anticipation, I can see how the reality would disappoint some people, but I'm not sure how we could have avoided it. I'm happy to take feedback and suggestions, though.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    HMXLachesis;4517372 said:
    Serious question: without giving the game away, how would you have foreshadowed it? The only thing we ever posted was one sentence: "We've got something extra-special planned on PS3 RBN for the release on Tuesday, October 11."

I got worried about reactions when I saw some of the crazy speculation .

Go Go Forum Hype Machine. :)

I figure people saw "extra-special" and though "greatest thing ever". It's happened time and again on the forums. I don't know that you could have done anything to avoid it without turning the announcement into milquetoast - "There is something a little different" or "something a few people will find exciting" which just wouldn't work.
    edited October 2011
    Serious question: without giving the game away, how would you have foreshadowed it?

What's so important about foreshadowing it? We all would have found out anyway. It's not like I was sitting on pins and needles waiting for it (I dunno, maybe somebody was). My reaction would have gone from "M-E-H" to "oh, okay." Not much difference.
    edited October 2011
    HMXLachesis;4517368 said:
    Depends on the response to this one.
    Despite that being the answer I expected, it's nice to know that's the line of thinking.

So, you 2X bass pedal folks, better speak up with your wallet now.

I got worried about reactions when I saw some of the crazy speculation - in fact, I stepped into the discussion thread (here) to clarify that it was a one-time event rather than a giant policy change. But people still kept suggesting things like you could author now on PS3, or maybe PS3 would get songs simultaneously with Xbox.

In that environment of anticipation, I can see how the reality would disappoint some people, but I'm not sure how we could have avoided it. I'm happy to take feedback and suggestions, though.
    This is the internet. People don't read, people say things without understanding, people assume what they want is reality, and generally things are less filtered on the net.

You said it just fine. People just like to think they're getting what they want, and if it's not that, then "obviously" someone else screwed up.

Me, I hadn't leapt any further than "extra songs this week" in some fashion, because that seemed a sane response, be it just a few extra this week, some RB1 songs, or what we got (2x Bass songs). But I learned long ago that I'm not the center of the universe (even though I should be) ;)
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    But people still kept suggesting things like you could author now on PS3, or maybe PS3 would get songs simultaneously with Xbox.

You haven't figured out that people on these forums will take the smallest thing as absolute proof of something?

A poorly worded Rolling Stone article meant that you guys had all the Jimi Hendrix catalogue for DLC. A few years ago when you'd announced six albums, people got pissed that a monthly schedule wasn't maintained even when the announcement never said 'one per month'. Weekly people express continued disappointment at the lack of variety/choice for 'official' weekly DLC because you'd previously managed to release in greater quantity.

And every time they're disappointed, they accuse you of screwing the most loyal of fans. And anybody who tries to point out that unless HMX says it, it isn't true is accused of kissing your ass.

And let us not forget the legion of posts stating that all you have to do is answer all their questions.

They believe they deserve whatever they want and when they don't get it, they blame you for their raised expectations. You'll never please them. Ever.
  • FinalAeonFinalAeon Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    Serious question: without giving the game away, how would you have foreshadowed it?

Well, a better way to have handled this (in my opinion) would have been to not announce it beforehand (especially not 2 weeks before the actual announcement).

If you would have kept silent and then on this week's announcement, there was this "hey PS3 folks, this week is extra special as you finally get a taste of some 2x bass songs" (or something like that), I think the reaction would have been much more positive, as it would have been special and wouldn't have been hyped up to be something it's not.

As to unrealistic expectations, I knew I didn't have to expect something game-changing, so I just waited for the announcement to what it might be. As it's of no intrest to me, I posted my (slightly disappointed) reaction.
    edited October 2011
    FinalAeon;4518312 said:
    Well, a better way to have handled this (in my opinion) would have been to not announce it beforehand (especially not 2 weeks before the actual announcement).

If you would have kept silent and then on this week's announcement, there was this "hey PS3 folks, this week is extra special as you finally get a taste of some 2x bass songs" (or something like that), I think the reaction would have been much more positive, as it would have been special and wouldn't have been hyped up to be something it's not.

As to unrealistic expectations, I knew I didn't have to expect something game-changing, so I just waited for the announcement to what it might be. As it's of no intrest to me, I posted my (slightly disappointed) reaction.
    Never announcing anything is like burying your head in the sand, and prevents folks from getting excited and building up interest. Folks will predict stupid things, build up unrealistic expectations, and generally act stupid, but there are plenty of others who are genuinely excited. HMX can't simply avoid announcing anything because some folks draw stupid conclusions.
  • dansolodansolo Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    Several people had predicted it would be concerning double bass but I didn't expect that so as not to be nearly as disappointed if it was something else. After learning that was the case I was delighted in the extreme.
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited October 2011
    Sweet, Cynic gets of the PS3 finally. Definitely work downloading.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited October 2011

Had nothing been said at all, I'm sure it would have been handled just fine.
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    I feel if they had said nothing at all, hardly anyone would have noticed unless someone posted some major thread about it. RBN news gets buried deep on these forums. The announcement was at least something to raise *some* awareness for it.

I think it was fine. People just need to temper their expectations. Then again, we're in the age of no personal responsibility, aren't we. :P
    edited October 2011
    Poppycock. Look at the name of the DLC discussion thread this week - "DLC Discussion Thread Week of 10/11 - Blink-182 & The Clash Plus PS3 RBN 2X Bass!"

That's not gonna get people to notice it?