Will ya guys look into the Wii U when it comes out.

DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
edited October 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I understand that the Wii wasn't selling songs very well, small database, and it was hard to convert. But maybe the Wii U will get a chance when that comes out. Maybe it will have a bigger database? I just hope you guys will check into the Wii U when it comes out.

While reading the replies in this thread, I was thinking maybe a genre overload made it sell too little, but you guys already cancelled it. So, I'm not going to go further into this. What I really want to know is if the Wii U will get checked to see if it will be better for RBN songs...

Comments

• PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited October 2011
    DeferredGalaxy3;4518326 said:
    I was thinking maybe a genre overload made it sell too little, but you guys already cancelled it.
    Even though they mostly decided what songs to port over based on what sold best on the other consoles?
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    The teeming mass of consumer indifference shall be countered by a whole new console!
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    Well, considering there's no new Rock Band scheduled for the WiiU, you're saying RBN should be brought back because the small DLC-buying audience will somehow increase with a console that has less units sold?
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited October 2011
    I totally think the more important question that we need to ask is whether or not Rock Band is going onto the WiiU in the first place :3
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited October 2011
    I'm really not even convinced downloadable content on the Wii will be compatible with the WiiU, considering you don't really purchase the content via a username handle
    edited October 2011
    HeyRiles;4518688 said:
    I'm really not even convinced downloadable content on the Wii will be compatible with the WiiU, considering you don't really purchase the content via a username handle
    DSi managed to work its way up the line. Just need a one-time license snag feature.
    edited October 2011
    Nintendo doesn't really need a poor transition to a new generation to go along with the less than agreeable online experience. It needs to be smooth and compatible.
    edited October 2011
    Well, smooth and compatible would be them learning from the Wii and making an overarching online system, along with actually USING WiiConnect24 for a constant feed of what your friends are doing, but neither thing is the case with the WiiU.
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    SirDavidTLynch;4518377 said:
    Even though they mostly decided what songs to port over based on what sold best on the other consoles?

Yeah, but think about it... people who buy Wiis have totally different styles than buying XBoxs and PS3s. And how come I see a bunch of PS3ers complaining about how many "crap", as they say, songs were being brought to their console?

just saying...
    edited October 2011
    DeferredGalaxy3;4518983 said:
    And how come I see a bunch of PS3ers complaining about how many "crap", as they say, songs were being brought to their console?
    Because there's *****ing about DLC choices EVERY week. Is that not painfully obvious at this point?
    edited October 2011
    GNF, you missed this bit.
    DeferredGalaxy3;4518983 said:
    Yeah, but think about it... people who buy Wiis have totally different styles than buying XBoxs and PS3s.

Which is to say that Nintendo is teh kiddy!

Any belief that people who own a Wii and play Rock Band on it have such a wild variance in tastes simply isn't paying any attention at all. And expecting that HMX should take songs that didn't sell well on the 360 and then port them to the Wii in the hope that they sell demonstrably better is plain foolish.

It's just not going to happen.

The size of the Wii RB audience is possibly only large enough to support 'regular' DLC. Without Nintendo creating an XNA-style program, RBN will not be available.
  • KarioChartsJerryKarioChartsJerry Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    In my opinion, it will not happen and doesn't need to.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    Just to point in case anybody thought otherwise: Authors have/had absolutely zero say on the Wii situation. The OP reads like it's directed towards the authoring community but it's Harmonix you want be bugging about it (not that it's at all likely to change in any way).
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited October 2011
    As mentioned before, the biggest issue for WiiU users is either backwards compatibility for Wii versions of Rock Band, or a new WiiU version.

The former is likely, the latter is next to zero. Odds that any DLC will be transferred over, let alone the RBN store, very low.
    edited October 2011
    BohemianMatt;4519582 said:
    Odds that any DLC will be transferred over, let alone the RBN store, very low.
    Again, why?
    edited October 2011
    Cause the figures for Wii downloads weren't good. I just don't think people will understand that RBN did not sell on the Wii. If it didn't do good on the Wii, why bring it back just because of a new console.

That'd be like bringing back Pepsi Crystal with a new logo and hoping it works.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited October 2011
    Because it would presumably be easier to convert the tracks? Why do you, someone who works for an authoring company, think they shouldn't give the new system a chance to sell your songs?
    edited October 2011
    KarioChartsJerry;4519975 said:
    Cause the figures for Wii downloads weren't good. I just don't think people will understand that RBN did not sell on the Wii. If it didn't do good on the Wii, why bring it back just because of a new console.

That'd be like bringing back Pepsi Crystal with a new logo and hoping it works.
    My 'why' was directed at the DLC transfer. I don't expect RBN to reboot with the WiiU at all.
    edited October 2011
    SirDavidTLynch;4519980 said:
    Because it would presumably be easier to convert the tracks? Why do you, someone who works for an authoring company, think they shouldn't give the new system a chance to sell your songs?

It failed once, it's destined to fail again.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4519987 said:
    My 'why' was directed at the DLC transfer. I don't expect RBN to reboot with the WiiU at all.

I agree. Without knowing much about the WiiU, the PSN was much stronger than the PS2's internet, but PS3's really didn't cause that much of an increase in multiplayer on PS2 games.

It's really not worth it when the process is so different than the 360/PS3 songs, so you really can't blame HMX
  • InsanityExInsanityEx Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    I'm sure HMX will look into the Wii U once Microsoft and Sony release a new console as well. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they decided not to release any more games on a Nintendo console. I don't think HMX is happy with the sales they're getting from the Wii and I don't think Wii owners are 100% happy with the Rock Band experience they are getting. But I'm just assuming :P
    edited October 2011
    That's some choice irony. HMX originally decides not to support the Wii because it won't offer the 'full' experience. But due to pressure, they eventually release a version that doesn't offer the 'full' experience. Backlash ensues and it doesn't sell as well anyway.

How could that possible go wrong?
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited October 2011
    SirDavidTLynch;4519980 said:
    Because it would presumably be easier to convert the tracks?
    That would require a new version of Rock Band on the Wii-U. Unless they're remaking RB3 for the Wii-U, which I doubt.

Now, if they do it for RB4 (if that happens), it means RB4 DLC might not be compatible for the RB3 Wii game, which would be an interesting move.

Also, the cost of converting the tracks was only part of the issue. The other issue is that they didn't sell. Unless the Wii-U suddently gets folks buying DLC on Rock Band, I don't see that happening.