3Pic81ueUnicorn's Dream RB4 Setlist

3pic81ueUnicorn3pic81ueUnicorn Not Active Enough
edited October 2011 in Your Ultimate Setlist
This is my dream RB4 setlist. There really isn't much to say. If you have any issues or don't like anything, you know the drill. Anyways, here it is and it is probably THE GREATEST RB4 SETLIST EVER!!!!

1950s

"Rock Around the Clock"
Bill Haley and the Comets
Rock Around the Clock (1954)
Keys

"Hey Porter"
Johnny Cash
Single (1955)

"Hound Dog"
Elvis Presley
Single (1956)
Keys

1960s

"You Really Got Me"
The Kinks
Kinks (1964)
Harmonies

"Like a Rolling Stone"
Bob Dylan
Highway 61 Revisited (1965)
Keys

"I Can't Get No (Satisfaction)"
Rolling Stones
Out of Our Heads (1965)
Harmonies

"Wouldn't It Be Nice"
The Beach Boys
Pet Sounds (1966)
Keys, Harmonies

"What a Wonderful World"
Louis Armstrong
What a Wonderful World (1968)
Keys, Harmonies

"Mrs. Robinson"
Simon & Garfunkel
Bookends (1968)
Keys, Harmonies

"Voodoo Child (Slight Return)"
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Electric Ladyland (1968)

"Tip-Toe Thru' The Tulips With Me"
Tiny Tim
God Bless Tiny Tim (1968)

"In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"
Iron Butterfly
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (1969)
Keys

1970s

"Iron Man"
Black Sabbath
Paranoid (1970)

"Hello Darlin'"
Conway Twitty
Hello Darlin' (1970)
Keys, Harmonies

"My Sweet Lord"
George Harrison
All Things Must Pass (1970)
Harmonies

"Instant Karma! (We'll All Shine On)"
John Lennon
Single (1970)
Keys, Harmonies

"That Would Be Something"
Paul McCartney
McCartney (1970)
Keys, Harmonies

"Have You Ever Seen the Rain"
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Pendulum (1971)
Keys

"American Pie"
Don McLean
American Pie (1971)
Keys, Harmonies

"Tiny Dancer"
Elton John
Madman Across the Water (1971)
Keys, Harmonies

"Rebel Rebel"
David Bowie
Diamond Dogs (1974)
Harmonies

"Rhinestone Cowboy"
Glen Campbell
Rhinestone Cowboy (1975)
Keys

"Kashmir"
Led Zeppelin
Physical Graffiti (1975)
Keys

"No No Song"
Ringo Starr
Goodnight Vienna (1975)
Keys, Harmonies

"Why Can't We Be Friends?"
WAR
Why Can't We Be Friends? (1975)
Keys, Harmonies

"Dancing Queen"
ABBA
Arrival (1976)
Keys, Harmonies

"Roots, Rock, Reggae"
Bob Marley & the Wailers
Rastaman Vibration (1976)
Keys, Harmonies

"Hotel California"
Eagles
Hotel California (1976)
Keys, Harmonies

"Blinded By the Light"
Manfred Mann's Earth Band
The Roaring Silence (1976)
Keys, Harmonies

"Anarchy in the U.K."
The Sex Pistols
Never Mind the Bullocks, Here's the Sex Pistols (1976)
Harmonies

"Come Sail Away"
Styx
The Grand Illusion (1977)
Keys, Harmonies

"Hell Bent For Leather"
Judas Priest
Killing Machine (1978)

"Dust in the Wind"
Kansas
Point of Know Return (1978)
Harmonies

"Overkill"
Motorhead
Overkill (1979)

"Another Brick in the Wall Part 2"
Pink Floyd
The Wall (1979)
Harmonies

1980s

"Phantom of the Opera"
Iron Maiden
Iron Maiden (1980)
Harmonies

"I Need Your Loving Tonight"
Queen
The Game (1980)
Harmonies

"Keep on Loving You"
REO Speedwagon
Hi Infidelity (1980)
Keys, Harmonies

"Safety Dance"
Men Without Hats
Rhythm of Youth (1981)
Keys, Harmonies

"Elvira"
The Oak Ridge Boys
Fancy Free (1981)
Keys, Harmonies

"Hard to Say I'm Sorry/Get Away"
Chicago
Chicago 16 (1982)
Keys, Harmonies

"Come on Eileen"
Dexys Midnight Runners
Too-Rye-Ay (1982)
Keys, Harmonies

"Beat It"
Michael Jackson
Thriller (1982)
Keys, Harmonies

"Uptown Girl"
Billy Joel
An Innocent Man (1983)
Keys, Harmonies

"Burnin' For You"
Blue

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    Zero interesting song picks.

Would it sell if it were real? Sure. Is it remotely interesting to read through? God no.
  • coolsnoopy97coolsnoopy97 Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    I wouldn't judge the setlist before it's complete...
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited October 2011
    If he didn't want anybody judging it before it's complete, he should have waited until it was complete before posting it.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
  • GandWuserGandWuser Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Seems awfully boring.
    edited October 2011
    I don't understand the hate. There are some pretty good songs there so far and I'm curious what else he will add. I'm not sure why he posted it when it wasn't complete, but I'm not going to judge it until I see all the songs.
  • superblah76superblah76 Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    It's not complete, but, right now it looks mildly boring. (Well, except the drums for the Iron Butterfly song.) Good band choices for the most part though, just, no substence. Still, I will be keeping my lazy eye on this thread.
  • 3pic81ueUnicorn3pic81ueUnicorn Not Active Enough
    edited October 2011
    I'm sorry. I had to go somewhere today, but didn't have enough time to finish and didn't want to start over again. This is only 20 out of 103 songs.
    edited October 2011
    Alright! I'm done. May the criticism begin. Be as harsh as you can. It's probably unecessary, because this is the greatest RB4 Setlist ever.

I am also expecting a thorough review by:
    GNFfhqwhgads
    coolsnoopy97
    SirDavidTLynch
    GameMaster439
    GandWuser
    superblah76

I will depend on you 6 to be my "focus group" to tell me what you like and don't like. Thank you for your feedback. Thank you everyone else for your opinions.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Your 90s could use a lot more rock music, what with this being Rock Band and all. Most of your 90s stuff is pop music.

Also, End of the Line was off Traveling Wilbury's Volume 1, not Volume 3, so it should be under 80s, not 90s.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    I stand by what I said. Every choice fell under 'painfully obvious and seen it on a million other lists', OR 'yeah, it's a deeper pick, but considering what we already have by them, what else was there?'.

Though I will say I rarely, if ever, see Drops of Jupiter and I don't know why, because that is a great song.
    edited October 2011
    Interesting setlist. Some of the 90s picks were massive turn-offs, but there's enough good stuff in there to make me buy it. I would've liked some more metal, though. It seemed a little too pop-heavy. Kudos to choosing Blinded by the Light, one of the few songs I would automatically buy no matter what the cost. I would've preferred Bat Out of Hell to the Meat Loaf song, simply cause BOoH is so epic and would be hell on most instruments. It would also give Roundabout a run for its money as toughest Keys song. Beyond that, not a whole lot to say. I would buy it, but there were some horrible songs there (Billy Ray Cyrus, MC Hammer, etctera) and it could use more metal.

7.5/10
    edited October 2011
    Your 90s could use a lot more rock music, what with this being Rock Band and all. Most of your 90s stuff is pop music.

Also, End of the Line was off Traveling Wilbury's Volume 1, not Volume 3, so it should be under 80s, not 90s.

I replaced some of the 90s pop songs with some metal. I also fixed The Traveling Wilburys Volume 1.
    Interesting setlist. Some of the 90s picks were massive turn-offs, but there's enough good stuff in there to make me buy it. I would've liked some more metal, though. It seemed a little too pop-heavy. Kudos to choosing Blinded by the Light, one of the few songs I would automatically buy no matter what the cost. I would've preferred Bat Out of Hell to the Meat Loaf song, simply cause BOoH is so epic and would be hell on most instruments. It would also give Roundabout a run for its money as toughest Keys song. Beyond that, not a whole lot to say. I would buy it, but there were some horrible songs there (Billy Ray Cyrus, MC Hammer, etctera) and it could use more metal.

I did replace some pop songs. If it still seems too pop heavy, tell me and I'll fix it. I added more metal songs. I kept I Would Do Anything For Love, but added Bat Out of Hell as a bonus song. It could be unlocked via some sort of keys accomplishment.
    edited October 2011
    *Puts on reading glasses* Well now! This looks much more complete! Prepare to feel my reviewing wrath!

First and foremost, I am quite impressed that you put a country song on disk, I don't see many other people do that. (Though I did it myself.)

Second, why Dragonforce? I think they're okay, but, there is a bunch of other power metal bands you could use, plus, we already have some of their stuff. (Not hating on the DF fans, but, after seeing them live, I can't really like them like I used to.)

What are the Bonus Songs exactly? Are they unlockables in game? Or, just songs by bands that are already on disk?

Decent picks overall, there are definitely a lot of songs I would find myself playing multiple times, and even the songs I don't know, I usually wind up loving anyway.

Number? 8/10, Partially because I don't see much punk up there. Another part is that we already have Uptown Girl as DLC.

Sorry if you were expecting more wrath, i'm only on my second cup of joe.
  • GandWuserGandWuser Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Well, it all basically comes down to that it is very generic. As GNFfhqwhgads said, it's one of those lists with lots and lots of typical set list songs, or songs that aren't fun to play, or songs that we will never get.
    edited October 2011
    I didn't see too many new Metal songs, to be honest...I would still prefer some more.

Still, love Bat Out of Hell and the Jimi Hendrix pick (I think that's new).
    edited October 2011
    Second, why Dragonforce? I think they're okay, but, there is a bunch of other power metal bands you could use, plus, we already have some of their stuff. (Not hating on the DF fans, but, after seeing them live, I can't really like them like I used to.)

I added another power metal song: Unholy Warcry" by Rhapsody of Fire.
    What are the Bonus Songs exactly? Are they unlockables in game? Or, just songs by bands that are already on disk

I guess the bonus songs would be unlocked by completing some sort of career mode or completing a certain instrument related task:
    Guitar = "Star Spangled Banner (Live from Woodstock '69)"
    Drums = "Sacrifice Unto Sebek"
    Bass = "The Pot"
    Keys = "Bat Out of Hell
    Band = "Stairway to Heaven"
    Band = "The Fairy Feller's Master-Stroke/Nevermore
    Number? 8/10, Partially because I don't see much punk up there. Another part is that we already have Uptown Girl as DLC.

I added 4 punk songs, bringing the total to 7. Tell me if that's enough or not.

Plus, Uptown Girl wasn't released as DLC. We got a whole bunch of songs by Billy Joel, but we did not get that one.
    Well, it all basically comes down to that it is very generic. As GNFfhqwhgads said, it's one of those lists with lots and lots of typical set list songs, or songs that aren't fun to play, or songs that we will never get.

I took the recommendations of others and took in the account of what is "same old, same old". I hope I picked some uncommon picks that are good.
    I didn't see too many new Metal songs, to be honest...I would still prefer some more.

I added 3 more metal songs, putting the new total at 21. That's roughly 1/5 of the entire list, so I think that's enough.
    edited October 2011
    Took another look at it this morning, and, it's still alright. It's strange, there are songs I like, but there are just as many songs that, if they came up on a random setlist or something, it would make me just go, "Awww. -.-" Not by difficulty or anything, but, just because I don't like the song, or that it would be too boring.

Note, that the above is based SOLEY on my opinion, so, sorry. But, I would probably bite the bullet and buy it for the chance to play Bat Out of Hell, among the others songs I like in there. I can only imagine how often some of these songs would be picked online.

One last thing, my apologies for stating Uptown Girl was already available, I could have sworn that it was. Checked the song finder, and even went back into my own library too (I own all the Billy Joel songs.) My bad.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2011
    You know what? Don't listen to those guys. I like your setlist. Ten times better than the RB2 setlist, anyways. While I was browsing through it, I had a lot of "Hey, I've wanted that song in Rock Band for a long time!" moments. So I would definitely get this. My only criticism is that bonus songs are usually unknown songs by unknown artists. Not songs like "Stairway To Heaven", "Dream On" and "Bat Out Of Hell". ;)
  • Alfon1995Alfon1995 Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    Great list, there are pretty awesome songs.
    edited October 2011
    TheStuddz;4519603 said:
    My only criticism is that bonus songs are usually unknown songs by unknown artists. Not songs like "Stairway To Heaven", "Dream On" and "Bat Out Of Hell". ;)
    By "Bonus Songs" I mean unlockable songs. That's basically what I mean. I'm gonna change it to Unlockable songs to eliminate confusion.