I was just wondering...

tani_maytani_may Unsigned
edited October 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Why, when compared to the many songs Xbox 360 gets, aren't there as many songs for the Wii? Some of my favorite songs are on here but they aren't available to me and I'm about 3 unavailable songs away from selling my Wii lol. And I'm tired of wasting my song requests. I guess I don't really understand what goes into making these songs for the game...like is it a lot of work to make it for all three consoles? I just wanna understand RBN a bit more...

Comments

• edited October 2011
    I'm sure others can explain it better but the RBN is Microsoft's tools for making songs for the game (assuming you have all the proper legal papers). To get the songs to other systems HMX has to Quality check and re-process each song for each system. The PS3 songs were selling and the Wii songs were not so they decided to stop porting the songs over to the Wii. No more RBN songs will be going to the Wii and honestly you would be better off switching to an Xbox if the kind of bands you prefer are coming out through the RBN and not regular HMX DLC.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    RBN songs simply did not sell well on the Wii. HMX pulled the plug on it because it just wasn't profitable.
  • tani_maytani_may Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    Thanks for telling me! I probably would've never known that.
    How much of my money do they need to go back to making songs for the wii?? lol just kidding but geez that really sucks.
    edited October 2011
    The basic ratio for sales between that three consoles was the PS3 sold about half as much as the 360 and the Wii about one tenth as much as the PS3. So something like 20/10/1. It's not exact, but it'll do.

You simply could not spend enough money to make it profitable. The audience for Rock Band on the Wii isn't very large to begin with and RBN is even smaller than that. It was practically doomed from the start.
    edited October 2011
    My friend and I are contemplating how much money it will be to get an Xbox after we sell our wii stuff. The only game I'll really miss is Smash Bros Brawl but I think I'll get over it when I get Halo lol
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    I'd say just get an Xbox, but you sound like you're 14 at the oldest, so no job opportunity.
    edited October 2011
    Oh hi troll. I was wondering when one of you would show up. I'm 21 and since you thought that was a good insult, you sound like you're around 15 but then again you could be in your 30s...either way you sound like an a-hole. :) have a nice night.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited October 2011
    tani_may;4518867 said:
    Oh hi troll. I was wondering when one of you would show up. I'm 21 and since you thought that was a good insult, you sound like you're around 15 but then again you could be in your 30s...either way you sound like an a-hole. :) have a nice night.

Calm down, he likes to do s*** like that. Putting up with his s*** is his personal test to see if you can keep your cool here.
    edited October 2011
    I guess I failed haha. I was calm when I posted that actually because my initial reaction was "f*ck you". I hate trolls...
    edited October 2011
    You already own the Wii, might as well keep it if you think you'll get use out of it with other games. Unless you get a good sum for selling it.

Anyway console jumping, especially for Rock Band, is pretty expensive. And depending on where you are, getting all the instruments could be more trouble than it ends up being worth.