RBN Artist of the Month is Alien Ant Farm, and they want to hear from you!

HMXchristineHMXchristine Harmonix Developer
edited June 2012 in Announcements
This month's RBN Artist of the Month is Alien Ant Farm! The band has three songs in Rock Band so far - "Courage" & "Glow" in RBN, and "Smooth Criminal" as DLC.

Traditionally with Artist of the Month, we interview the band and share their answers with you. This time around, the band wants to hear from you!

Post your question for Alien Ant Farm in this thread! We'll share them with the band and post their answers. Get your question in soon, because we'll be sending the band questions on Monday, Oct. 17th.

For more on Alien Ant Farm, check out their official site.

***HMX EDIT***

CLICK HERE for responses direct from the band.

Comments

• lorenzosa3lorenzosa3 Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    Hey guys! I would like to ask about your taste in music, what bands do you hear, and which inspires you the most.
  • DeadPlayerDeadPlayer Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    Have you ever considered switching to a different authoring group after the whole "Movies Vocal Chart Scandal"?
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    HMXcj;4520957 said:
    "Courage" & "Glow" in RBN, and "Smooth Criminal" as DLC.

You make it sound as if the RBN songs are not DLC.
  • ZenzukiZenzuki Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    DeadPlayer;4521061 said:
    Have you ever considered switching to a different authoring group after the whole "Movies Vocal Chart Scandal"?

+1
  • SlipknutzySlipknutzy Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    1) When will we see more songs on the RBN from you guys? What would you like to see released to the RBN?

2) How is it being on stage with a back injury from the bus accident? Any problems, or good as new?
  • halluciination92halluciination92 Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    Hey AAF, first off, just want to say that you guys are one of the best rock bands ever and that you should totally get more songs put on the RBN. I was super hyped when I saw movies was up, only to be dissapointed I couldn't buy it (heard the vocal track was messed up).

My question would be what exactly do you guys think composes a good song, and what exactly do you guys go out to do when making an album. Do you usually try to improve what you did in the previous album, or do you try to go out and do something entirely different and start off fresh?

Also, if you could pick one band to play side by side with, which one would it be?
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Annie, Are you OK? :)

Thanks for choosing RBN!
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    Why are there no keys in any of your songs!? Can I be your keyboardist? I bet I could do some cool things!
  • shayboshaybo Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    I have a question. Do any of you guys still have phone numbers for any of the girls in the video for Movies? Violet Beauregard maybe? That's one of the best videos ever. What was Pat Morita like?
  • Offbeat BareAssOffbeat BareAss Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    I have to agree with a number of people here. I'd love to see some tracks from Up In The Attic. Not to take anything at all away from Terry, but Joe Hill did some great work on that album.

Anyway, here's my questions:

What has changed musically about all of you since you last wrote and recorded material together?

Will we see more DLC from ANThology?

Will you guys be releasing material from the new album on Rock Band?
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    Offbeat BareAss;4521287 said:

Will we see more DLC from ANThology?

the entire album is coming to RB through ASP.

only question I have for them is "what was your reaction to the problems with 'movies'?" did it enrage you? were you bothered by it at all? did your relationship with ASP change because of it? ect..

seems kinda popular, but I like to know what the band thinks
  • BrooklynHomesBrooklynHomes Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    How'd you guys become famous or, reconized by the public?
  • GEROMYGEROMY Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    How do you feel about the way you went from "up-and-coming punk band" to "those guys who did the emo Michael Jackson cover"?
  • LesFleursLesFleurs Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    DeadPlayer;4521061 said:

+2
  • Tego1inTego1in Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    What's your favorite AAF song?
  • victimsofadownvictimsofadown Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    I mean... not to derail the thread... but I highly HIGHLY doubt that anyone from AAF knows anything about the Movies "scandal."
  • SMBZFanSMBZFan Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    Hi there. First off, I want to say that I am one of the few that first knew you for something other than Smooth Criminal, but don't get me wrong, I do like your cover of Smooth Criminal. I guess one question that I have is that often when I like a band, or get interested in one, I always find out that they have funny stories either when they're on tour, or when they make an album. Do you guys have any funny stories of your own? Other than that, I think that it's cool that you have the opportunity and that I would like to hear more of your music through the game. I know that one of my friends has the entire Anthology album and would probably like to sing those songs in our band. I'd personally like to play the song Wish, since that was the first song by you guys that I've heard, but that's just me.
  • tepidsharktepidshark Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    Do you guys retain the rights to all your recordings? If so, how did you manage to do that?
  • AfrobeanAfrobean Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    victimsofadown;4521536 said:
    I mean... not to derail the thread... but I highly HIGHLY doubt that anyone from AAF knows anything about the Movies "scandal."
    What exactly happened there, anyway? I missed it when the song first came out, and I stumbled across it while browsing the RBN after it had been made unavailable. I was really excited at first when I saw it too, because I love that song. Probably my favorite of any Alien Ant Farm song I've heard. I haven't been to the store in a few weeks; it's not back yet, is it? When will it be back? How about "Wish"?

Also, I googled and saw a video of the vocals for "Movies", and maybe it's just me and my poor understanding of pitch, but I can't see how it's incorrectly charted. Can anyone identify any specific areas that aren't right?
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    Afrobean;4521738 said:
    What exactly happened there, anyway? I missed it when the song first came out, and I stumbled across it while browsing the RBN after it had been made unavailable. I was really excited at first when I saw it too, because I love that song. Probably my favorite of any Alien Ant Farm song I've heard. I haven't been to the store in a few weeks; it's not back yet, is it? When will it be back? How about "Wish"?

Also, I googled and saw a video of the vocals for "Movies", and maybe it's just me and my poor understanding of pitch, but I can't see how it's incorrectly charted. Can anyone identify any specific areas that aren't right?

The vocals were in very bad shape when it was released so it was pulled to be fixed. The new chart was made by one of the best vocal authors in the RBN community, if not the best. The fixed version only passed recently and should appear in the store today.

Old chart:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt_-xh3FEXc

New chart:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lKwua0XumE

If you don't know much about vocal authoring then the old chart might not have seemed all that wrong from just looking at it, but compare it to the new chart and you can clearly see how the tube timings were way off in places, a lot of slides were not charted.
  • Timmace28Timmace28 Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    I know the original plan was to release all of ANThology onto the RBN over the course of a year (3 each quarter). That timeline seems pretty off now. Do you still plan on releasing the rest of the album onto the RBN? (I look forward to Wish, Sticks and Stones and Calico)

Also, just so you know, after buying the 3 RBN tracks, I ended up buying the full album on Amazon.
  • NyghtmareXNyghtmareX Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    What is your favorite/most fun song to play?
  • Offbeat BareAssOffbeat BareAss Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    Oscarvarium;4521781 said:
    The vocals were in very bad shape when it was released so it was pulled to be fixed. The new chart was made by one of the best vocal authors in the RBN community, if not the best. The fixed version only passed recently and should appear in the store today.

Old chart:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt_-xh3FEXc

New chart:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lKwua0XumE

If you don't know much about vocal authoring then the old chart might not have seemed all that wrong from just looking at it, but compare it to the new chart and you can clearly see how the tube timings were way off in places, a lot of slides were not charted.

If I downloaded the first one, is there any way for me to get the fixed one?
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    Offbeat BareAss;4522293 said:
    If I downloaded the first one, is there any way for me to get the fixed one?
    Ask the authors about that, Alt-Strum Productions. They were giving out codes shortly after the first song was pulled but apparently they have run out recently.
  • Tego1inTego1in Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    How did you get involved in Rock Band (Network) and what are your opinions of Rock Band/rhythm games?
  • edited October 2011
    First off, how did it feel to perform at the Michael Forever tribute concert in London?

Also, with the original lineup back together and having just signed to a new label, what can we expect from the upcoming album?

I hope you guys know how freaking thrilled your fans are that you're back together and about to hit the studio, by the way. Melt faces! :D
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited October 2011
    Out of curiosity, what is your opinion on guitar solos, bass solos, etc.? Do they usually add to the song, or are they an ego-pose for the instrumentalist involved?
  • BirdStutzmanBirdStutzman Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    Will you please just release your entire ANThology album onto the RBN so I can play all of those songs!? That album is great! If not the whole album, then at Flesh and Bone or Wish.
  • DizzyCGADizzyCGA Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    During the video for "These Days" you guys are rocking out at the BET awards, could you tell us a little more about what went into making that? How'd the police feel about it?
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited October 2011
    Was the "Smooth Criminal" video as fun to make as it is to watch?
This discussion has been closed.