Answer This Please

MetalDudeMetalDude Unsigned
edited October 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Why isn't the song Curse of the Werewolf on Wii and are there any double bass compatible songs on this console?

Comments

• ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited October 2011
    The Wii version of Rock Band Network was not selling at all. HMX had to take the time to transform the songs into Wii compatible version (unlike the 360 and PS3 where they are pretty hands off for the most part).

So combine the extra work and money on HMX's end to get the tracks to the Wii with the very very terrible sales of the RBN tracks on the Wii, and HMX had no choice but to discontinue support for the RBN on the Wii.

There haven't been new RBN tracks released to the Wii in almost a year now, and there won't be any more in the future.

So unfortunately if you want access to the RBN you'll have to purchase a PS3 or 360 (though if you do go this route I highly recommend the 360 version since it gets ALL the RBN tracks, and not just the 5 a week that Harmonix is able to port to the PS3).

To add fuel to the fire for you changing consoles, there are two Nevermore songs from that very album you have as an avatar (Obsidian Conspiracy, and Without Morals) that are very close to being released on the 360 version of RBN.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Once I get a steady job, thats my next step to do because ALOT of RBN songs I want I can't get like all the ADTR. Even though I have a decent amount of DLC on the Wii
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited October 2011
    If you're looking for double bass, the 360 is the only way to go. The PS3 has all of 5 of them on a trial basis.

If you're only doing Rock Band, the 360 is the way to go. Support is better, both for the game, and for RBN.

If you're doing other things, the PS3 is still a fine RB experience (I know I can't really complain much) if that's what route you choose to go. I know I've been happy with it since I swapped from the Wii about 2 years ago.

Or just enjoy what you have and save your cash.
  • dansolodansolo Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    You say the ps3 has only 5 2x songs like it is a deficiency, we used to have none and the difference between 5 and 0 is immense. I wouldn't discredit RBN on the ps3 because typically we get the cream of the crop.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    Even as a PS3'er myself I'd generally recommend getting into RB on the Xbox. Paying for online play is small potatoes compared to the XMB crash. I tend to agree that we get the cream of the crop RBN-wise, but that by definition can't compare to getting all of it.
    edited October 2011
    Yeah but to me a guy that likes a lot of varied types of music, there's a lot of the RBN music that I love that ISN'T 'the cream of the crop' and never did get ported over to the PS3.

So if you like a wide variety of music and are interested in exploring unknown bands, then the 360 is by far the better choice.

Not saying that all the songs released on RBN are gems (because let's be honest they're not), but there are a LOT of fantastic RBN1.0 songs that never got to the PS3 and unfortunately never will.

So base any decision you make on what you'll be using RB for. However I must say if you ARE going to buy an entirely new console just for Rock Band, then I'd say you're a big enough fan of music and should definitely pick it up for the 360.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2011
    GameMaster439;4527701 said:
    Once I get a steady job, thats my next step to do because ALOT of RBN songs I want I can't get like all the ADTR. Even though I have a decent amount of DLC on the Wii

You seem to be in the same boat as me. Lots of DLC for the Wii, but no access to RBN. That is why I'll be switching to Xbox soon. Or maybe I'll go to PS3. I've yet to decide. It will definitely suck having to repurchase all of my DLC.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4531300 said:
    Not saying that all the songs released on RBN are gems (because let's be honest they're not),
    They're not bad for a fat kid.
    edited October 2011
    I like that song actually.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    Catchy song, but those charts.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Nothing More has become one of my favorite bands, thanks to RBN. The charts had no effect on my love for the music.
    edited October 2011
    DragoonXD;4531665 said:
    Nothing More has become one of my favorite bands, thanks to RBN. The charts had no effect on my love for the music.

Same here.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited October 2011
    DragoonXD;4531665 said:

Same here.
    Kings Queens and Fairytales, Neonfly and more have all been added to my ipod and cds have been bought thanks to RBN.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited October 2011
    dansolo;4531200 said:
    You say the ps3 has only 5 2x songs like it is a deficiency, we used to have none and the difference between 5 and 0 is immense. I wouldn't discredit RBN on the ps3 because typically we get the cream of the crop.
    Compared to the 360's what, 60? Yes, it is.

Though yes, it may help you avoid some of the less desirable songs/charts.

RBN on Wii < RBN on PS3 < RBN on 360. There's no way around it.

Besides, the PS3 is not guaranteed to ever get more.