Completing Guitar Hero 2.0

Comments

• Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Rhystic_1;4525927 said:
    It isn't of poor quality. First of all there is a giant text saying WORK IN PROGRESS at the beginning, I'm sorry (not really) if you missed it. And second, if you still think it is of poor quality, why don't you just reply to my thread and help to improve it instead of copying? Whatever.

How about we let the community decide?

And FYI I made this thread in less time then it took for you to make one partial update. And again it isn't copying Droosie did this long before you did.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited October 2011
    Catch-22;4525929 said:
    How about we let the community decide?

And FYI I made this thread in less time then it took for you to make one partial update. And again it isn't copying Droosie did this long before you did.

Yeah if catch-22 is copying anyone it's droosie(quite literally). We didn't need a new type of thread, we just needed a new caretaker. I see catch-22 here all the time and he/she is a great poster. I'm sure it will be well taken care of.
  • frankummsfrankumms Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    I think we need to order some cake so that we can have a big party the day any of these games actually get completed
    edited October 2011
    frankumms;4525940 said:
    I think we need to order some cake so that we can have a big party the day any of these games actually get completed
    The cake is a lie.

Someone had to do it.
  • cyborggrimreapercyborggrimreaper Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    Still would like this thread to also have Power Gig, Rock Revolution and Rocksmith so we know how close we are to any of the "competing" games, Especially Rocksmith, I enjoy seeing how many of their songs with pro upgrades we had.
    edited October 2011
    cyborggrimreaper;4525964 said:
    Still would like this thread to also have Power Gig, Rock Revolution and Rocksmith so we know how close we are to any of the "competing" games, Especially Rocksmith, I enjoy seeing how many of their songs with pro upgrades we had.

Honestly I could go either way on this. Starting a new thread for those 3 would be fine, but I'd be okay with having them here for ease of use.

Edit:
    Moving it here. I'll keep a running total of omissions/changes. If there is a change to the song totals/% I'll make note of it in the header.

GH1:
    CHANGE
    1) Joan Jett- I Love Rock and Roll >>> Joan Jett and the Blackhearts- I Love Rock and Roll

GH2:
    CHANGE
    1) Iggy Pop- Search and Destroy >>> Iggy Pop and The Stooges- Search and Destroy

GH3:
    CHANGE
    1) Endless Sporadic- Impulse >>> An Endless Sporadic- Impulse

GH3 DLC(53 or 54 songs total; 20 released; 38% or 37% complete):
    ADD
    1) Steve Ouimette- We Three Kings
    2) God of War II- The End Begins(To Rock)
    REMOVE
    1) Aerosmith- Dream On(on GH:A disc; if we are removing duplicate dlc)

GH:A:
    CHANGE
    1) Aerosmith-Beautiful Light Fright >>> Aerosmith- Bright Light Fright
    2) Run DMC- Walk This Way >>> Aerosmith ft. Run DMC- Walk this Way
    3) Lenny Kravitz- Always on the Run >>> Lenny Kravitz and Slash- Always on the Run

GH:WT(84 songs total; 43 released; 51% complete):
    CHANGE
    1) Bob Seger- Hollywood Nights >>> Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band- Hollywood Nights
    2) Jimi Hendrix- Purple Haze >>> Jimi Hendrix Experience- Purple Haze
    3) Jimi Hendrix- The Wind Cries Mary >>> Jimi Hendrix Experience- The Wind Cries Mary

GH:M(49 songs total; 9 released; 18% complete):
    CHANGE
    1) Bob Seger- Turn the Page >>> Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band- Turn the Page
    ADD
    1) Motorhead- Ace of Spades
    2) Metallica- One

GH5(84 songs total; 32 released; 38% complete):
    CHANGE
    1) Tom Petty- American Girl >>> Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers- American Girl

Band Hero(65 songs total; 26 released; 40% complete:(total was right but 4 songs were missing)
    CHANGE
    1) Big Country- Big Country >>> Big Country- In a Big Country
    ADD
    1) All American Rejects- Dirty Little Secret
    2) Finger Eleven- Paralyzer
    3) Filter- Take a Picture
    4) Parachute- Back Again

GH:VH(47 songs total; 11 released; 23% complete):
    CHANGE
    1) Van Halen- (Oh)Pretty Woman >>> Van Halen- Intruder/(Oh)Pretty Woman
    ADD
    1) Van Halen- Hot for Teacher
    2) Van Halen- You Really Got Me

GH6(87 songs total; 31 released; 36% complete):
    CHANGE
    1)Rush- 2112 >>> make it 1 song, which it is

I'll look the discs over again later, along with the full band dlc.
    edited October 2011
    Just post when you're done and I'll update the lists. Your attention to detail is amazing.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    Hot for Teacher is in GHWT and Van Halen, and You Really Got Me is in GHII? and Van Halen, which is why they're missing.
    edited October 2011
    Alright changes made.
    edited October 2011
    Catch-22;4526112 said:
    Just post when you're done and I'll update the lists. Your attention to detail is amazing.
    Thanks. Just sitting doing nothing until court tonight(speeding ticket). Bout to leave soon though.
    Catch-22;4526137 said:
    Alright changes made.
    I'll recheck everything later. I know I missed a couple of things(and a few things I wanted to check into before mentioning). Definitely don't have time to check the dlc now(that's a mighty big list; I pity the fool on a gh site doing this in reverse:p), but I'll do that before going back over everything.

Just glad to help.
    GNFfhqwhgads;4526115 said:
    Hot for Teacher is in GHWT and Van Halen, and You Really Got Me is in GHII? and Van Halen, which is why they're missing.

I understand that, but it's nice to know how much of each full disc we have. Taking out repeats for discs doesn't make sense.

Now when you're adding them all up in the end, maybe we could have a list of repeats and a full total. I might work on that later. But we should definitely keep the discs intact.

I was even considering mentioning the guitar battles to add in. Yes I know we'll never get them, but we'll also never get some of these other songs either. I decided against it though because they aren't really song songs.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited October 2011
    You might add The Devil Went Down to Georgia to Guitar Hero III DLC because we might get the Charlie Daniels version.
    edited October 2011
    bonethug0108;4526146 said:
    I was even considering mentioning the guitar battles to add in. Yes I know we'll never get them, but we'll also never get some of these other songs either. I decided against it though because they aren't really song songs.
    Guitar battles will never be added by me, a mod would have to edit them in. It goes against my long standing policy of pretending battles never existed.
    edited October 2011
    Catch-22;4526150 said:
    Guitar battles will never be added by me, a mod would have to edit them in. It goes against my long standing policy of pretending battles never existed.

Well then you might want to take out Charlie Daniels Band- The Devil Went Down to Georgia from the gh3 setlist. I didn't mention it because it's an actual song, though the version is actually by Steve Ouimette. That was one I was checking into before mentioning.

@dog No need to mention it because it's already under th gh3 setlist.

Edit:
    And I agree. Guitar battles = icky.
  • MaRkiSHMaRkiSH Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    Yes! Brutal Legend is gone. I always thought including it was stupid as hell.
    edited December 2011
    Freedom horrible, horrible freedom!
    edited December 2011
    And we're back and should be up to date.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited December 2011
    My Chemical Romance - This Is How I Disappear

One of my favorites by them, wish we had a couple packs by them.
    edited December 2011
    In GH5, you have 'Public Enemy - Brint the Noise'.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited December 2011
    "How You Remind Me" by Nickelback isn't RBN, dude ;]
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    So THIS is the official thread for this now?
    edited December 2011
    RockBandand24Fanatic;4571344 said:
    So THIS is the official thread for this now?
    Yeah. Droosie's off busy having a wife and other excuses like that.
    edited December 2011
    Dangimarocker;4571267 said:
    My Chemical Romance - This Is How I Disappear

One of my favorites by them, wish we had a couple packs by them.
    I would LOVE to have Teenagers(which was gh2 dlc), so I'd be all for another pack.
  • dudemann14dudemann14 Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    I noticed that in the "mobile games" section, you didn't include the Band Hero DS songs (in case you weren't aware, it does have a completely different setlist from the console version outside of "Take What You Take" and "She Will Be Loved" on the Euro version and since you include the Euro versions' songs from the other DS games, I included those in this too)... So then you can add that in quickly, here's the songs we do and don't have from that game. Hopefully I won't screw up the colors here...

Released Songs

Weezer - Troublemaker (Released 6/28/08)
    Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf (Released 9/14/08)
    Lacuna Coil - Our Truth (Released 9/14/08)
    Presidents of the United States of America - Lump (Released 9/14/08)
    Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench (Released 11/11/08)
    The Killers - Spaceman (11/25/08)
    No Doubt - Excuse Me Mr. (Released 12/9/08)
    Evanescence - Call Me When You're Sober (Released 6/16/09)
    Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc. (Released 8/11/09)
    Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict a Riot (Released 8/18/09)
    Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Released 10/20/09)
    Blur - Song 2 (Released 11/3/09)
    KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See (Released 11/3/09)
    Pink - So What (Released 11/3/09)
    Spin Doctors - Two Princes (Released 11/3/09)
    Sum 41 - In Too Deep (Released 11/3/09)
    Vampire Weekend - A-Punk (Released 11/3/09)
    Kasabian - Club Foot (Released 11/10/09)
    Blink-182 - First Date (Released 1/5/10)
    Alphabeat - Fascination (Released 2/16/10)
    Boys Like Girls - The Great Escape (Released 6/8/10)
    Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows (Released 10/26/10)
    The Vines - Get Free (Released 10/26/10)
    Fall Out Boy - Thnks fr th Mmrs (Released 8/16/11)
    Coldplay - Yellow (Released 10/18/11)

Unreleased Songs

All-American Rejects - Believe
    Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
    Black Eyed Peas - Let's Get It Started
    Cardigans - My Favourite Game
    Eagles of Death Metal - Wannabe in LA
    Editors - Munich
    Kings of Leon - Manhattan
    Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away
    Lily Allen - Take What You Take
    Last Shadow Puppets - The Age of the Understatement
    Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved
    Mika - Grace Kelly
    N.E.R.D. - Windows
    Pretenders - Boots of Chinese Plastic
    Razorlight - Golden Touch
    Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - You Better Pray
    Robbie Williams - Tripping
    Rolling Stones - Under My Thumb (Live)
    Sublime - All You Need
    Ugly Kid Joe - Everything About You

Also, the dates for the Lego RB songs should be 11/3/09, not 11/10/09, since the game came out on the 3rd. That's the date I put for the Lego songs in this list.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited December 2011
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited December 2011
    Bumping so that this great list isn't forgotten and 2112 is moved from unreleased to released!
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited December 2011
    BEST GUITAR HERO REPEAT EVER.l
  • rocker820rocker820 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    You should include guitar hero smash hits. I know it would be all repeats of earlier gh games, but the percentages and list of songs we still need would be cool.
    edited December 2011
    rocker820;4580102 said:
    You should include guitar hero smash hits. I know it would be all repeats of earlier gh games, but the percentages and list of songs we still need would be cool.
    Do it yourself. No point in wasting space on 100% duplicate content.
    edited December 2011
    dudemann14;4571472 said:
    I noticed that in the "mobile games" section, you didn't include the Band Hero DS songs
    Added thank you for doing that list it was very helpful.
    Also, the dates for the Lego RB songs should be 11/3/09, not 11/10/09, since the game came out on the 3rd. That's the date I put for the Lego songs in this list.
    Fixed thank you again.
    rocker820;4580102 said:
    I will consider this. I don't have a lot of free time atm since I'm away from my desktop. However, whether I implement this will depended on community opinion. Is this something people would like to see? Vote now.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited December 2011
    Catch-22;4580218 said:

I will consider this. I don't have a lot of free time atm since I'm away from my desktop. However, whether I implement this will depended on community opinion. Is this something people would like to see? Vote now.
    I am more interested in seeing the list of songs that have been licensed for music games in the past then in seeing the % of completion between the two series. So, I vote no since they are all duplicates... oh... wait... wasn't Smash Hits for the band version of GH? That would mean the full stems are available.

OK, yeah, list them. There is a better chance that the entire Smash Hits disc will come to RB because the stems are usable for a band game, I would be interested in see how many of those songs have not reached Rock Band YET. Since they are repeats, maybe just a list of the ones still missing?