RBN DLC Discussion: 10/20/2011 (Xbox), 10/25/2011 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited October 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 10/20/2011

Alternative
Brad Gerke - "Of Dirt You Were Made..." (80 MSP)

Inspirational
Denbigh Cherry - "He Is Good" (160 MSP)
Denbigh Cherry - "My God Is There Controlling" (160 MSP)
Goliath Down - "Crazy Idea" (160 MSP)

Metal
All Shall Perish - "Never... Again (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Dance Gavin Dance - "Heat Seeking Ghost of Sex" (160 MSP)

Novelty
Freen in Green - "Grocery Party" (80 MSP)

Other
Coelacanths - "Coelacanths" (80 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic
Magnus 'SoulEye' P

Comments

• Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    ...Aaaaand that's another Free Spirit track from my wishlist, thank you very much! :)
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Yay more Single White Infidel!
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    heat seeking ghost of sex is one of the best tracks of the past few months. HIGHLY recommend it.

on the PS3 side, caraphernelia and very busy people are both extremely fun
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited October 2011
    Well I'll be jiggered. I didn't know the Limousines were in RBN. I'll have to get that on Tuesday. I'll also have to check if they've got anything else I've missed.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Bleh.

Unless Second Sucks ends up passing as Zemanator says, probably nothing for me. If anything, I'll get Paced Energy.
    edited October 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4528182 said:
    Bleh.

Unless Second Sucks ends up passing as Zemanator says, probably nothing for me. If anything, I'll get Paced Energy.
    passed at 3:54 PM monday, so expect it this evening.
  • RycheMaidenPS3RycheMaidenPS3 Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Thank you for Free Spirit!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!

=)
  • jjdude1jjdude1 Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    This looks like one of the most diverse weeks ever
  • FinalAeonFinalAeon Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    Pff, nothing on PS3 worth getting, though I still have to look at the AD song.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    This Free Spirit track rocks on drums. It's completely different in style than their previous releases.
  • edited October 2011
    Was kinda hoping for Myrath's Madness on the PS3 this week, but Willow of Tears has been on my wish list for a while too, what a great keys track. Moonlight Ride and Gymnop
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Nothing spectacular this week, except for Free Spirit, that I'll get with their other tracks I've left behind. RBN2.0 had great choices for me.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited October 2011
    The PS3 guys gets Very Busy People o:
    OMG GO BUY IT!!!!
    The love it brings is worth a million times its price!
    <333333333333
  • edited October 2011
    For the 360, the Mystakin track is pretty cool.

I think it's also pretty neat that 'Inspirational' has its own genre classification, even if in my case it mostly means it makes it easier for me to avoid those songs like the biblical plague. ;)
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited October 2011
    My RBN Song of the Week is Paced Energy by Magnus 'SoulEye' P
    edited October 2011
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd no Second Sucks.

False hope ftl.
    edited October 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4529027 said:
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd no Second Sucks.

False hope ftl.

I told you it wasnt going to be in the store update. it's been up on error 420 for hours

EDIT: the double bass version still needs to pass
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2011
    I'll get the Free Spirit track, and I'll most likely eventually get the Brad Gerke song. The song by Mystakin is also a "probably".
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Zemanator;4529033 said:
    I told you it wasnt going to be in the store update. it's been up on error 420 for hours

I find Rhythm Authors' songs pretty safe to buy early. I think Selkies was their first song to be pulled.

Yes, they changed the album art so it's the same as the others.
    edited October 2011
    Zemanator;4529033 said:

"well, it passed at like 10AM monday morning instead of sunday night, so it will hit the marketplace like an hour after the store gets updated"

"Marketplace". Gah. I confused that with the actual in-game "marketplace".
  • edited October 2011
    TheStuddz;4529035 said:
    I'll get the Free Spirit track, and I'll most likely eventually get the Brad Gerke song. The song by Mystakin is also a "probably".

While i hate to stop sales for Fairwood, the Brad Gerke song is only 1 minute and (think) 45 seconds long. And its not much fun on keys.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4529085 said:
    While i hate to stop sales for Fairwood, the Brad Gerke song is only 1 minute and (think) 45 seconds long. And its not much fun on keys.

Thanks for the heads-up. I listened to it afterwards and I didn't like the song much anyways. I'm just always up for more alternative. But if what you say is true, I guess I'll pass.

RBN needs more OK Go, The Shins and Band of Horses. And The Trews had better show up soon!
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Denbigh Cherry - "He Is Good"
    Denbigh Cherry - "My God Is There Controlling"
    Goliath Down - "Crazy Idea"
    Analogue Revolution feat. The Chance Sisters - "Looking (Foot in Your Mouth)"
    Mystakin - "The End of Progress"
    Free Spirit - "Easy Days"

A really good week for me.

I really like the inspirational songs. Nice to have those around for playing rock band parties at the church. :)
  • Pitch-BlackPitch-Black Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Just when I was beginning to lose all interest in RB the RBN pulls off a save with some great inspirational music. Nice! Can't wait to get some MS points next week just for that. Wait a second. Does this mean non-Christian Rock is "uninspirational"? : )
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited October 2011
    Yay! More Free Spirit on the PS3. Keep them coming, even if it's only 1 a week.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4529085 said:

Yea, when Kevin sent us his chart preview for consideration (it was a proxy track, we didn't directly author it) I was seriously like "...that's it? That's not the whole song, right?"

But, eh, not the shortest song in our catalog, and if people actually want something quick it's there for them.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited October 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4529374 said:
    Yea, when Kevin sent us his chart preview for consideration (it was a proxy track, we didn't directly author it) I was seriously like "...that's it? That's not the whole song, right?"

But, eh, not the shortest song in our catalog, and if people actually want something quick it's there for them.
    That wouldn't even be the shortest official DLC song.
  • keviniskoolkeviniskool Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4529374 said:

Original Author here:

It isn't the whole song. The original song is 3:15 or so, but the first 1:30 is noise that you can't play. (You can hear a little of it in the count-in) It's a lose-lose situation from an authoring standpoint. Either you're just waiting for noise to end, or you're getting a short song. I figured the latter was preferable, especially considering there are other songs that are shorter. As a PS3 user, I didn't really consider the demo thing until after the fact, since we don't get those.

As for the keys not being very fun, I somewhat agree. Brad wrote the guitar and bass parts as well as did the singing. You may notice that all of those things are incredibly easy, so I kept that in mind when I made the drum parts and all of the synth and piano stuff. I wrote what I thought would be fun, but I couldn't ever test it since I don't have an Xbox 360. When I did eventually get to play it early through somewhat illegitimate means, I have to agree that the keys aren't fun, mostly because they're difficult in a sort of annoying way, at least until you are able to master them. I certainly think they make the song sound better, and they add much needed difficulty to an otherwise incredibly easy song.

I don't know what to say to get you to buy this, or to not sound like an incredibly whiny self-entitled songwriter, but that's basically the story behind this song.