Halloween Q&A Livestream Funstravaganza!!! TODAY From 3-6pm EST!

edited November 2011 in Announcements
Hey gang,

This Halloween (aka Monday the 31st) we'll be hosting a LIVE Q&A from HMX HQ while we prance around in costume and play through a bunch of holiday appropriate songs.

We've run a number of Q&As (question and answers for the lay people) via Twitter and have always had an awesome response. It's pretty much no holds barred, and we'll answer questions about DLC, game development, hardware, etc. as frankly as we can. If we're lucky, we'll also be able to pull some folks in from other departments to get direct commentary from the designers, testers and audio folks that made the games you love.

We'll also be playing some spoooooooooooooooooky songs, in costume of course, and it'd be awesome to have all of you play along with us (or at least watch us make fools of ourselves). Check out the setlist via the links below and play along:

Battle: http://www.rockband.com/battles/xbox/13531/view
http://www.rockband.com/battles/all-hallow-s-eve-battle-ps3/view
http://www.rockband.com/battles/all-hallow-s-eve-battle-wii/view

Setlist: http://www.rockband.com/setlist/halloween-setlist-1-xbox/view
http://www.rockband.com/setlist/halloween-setlist-1-ps3/view
http://www.rockband.com/setlist/halloween-setlist-1-wii/view

***UPDATE****

The livestream will kick off at 3pm EST, and we'll be rocking the spookiest hits of RB until 6pm EST. Tune in to the live Q&A and play session at: http://www.twitch.tv/harmonixmusic

We'll be accepting questions through the livestream channel and also via the @RockBand Twitter account, so get your questions ready!

-HMXhenry

Comments

• BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited October 2011
    nilesv;4534900 said:
    1# question: Will muse ever become DLC?

Yes. In fact, Harmonix plans to release one Muse song, Hysteria, as DLC on May 22 of 2008.
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    BallisticJunkfood;4534959 said:
    Yes. In fact, Harmonix plans to release one Muse song, Hysteria, as DLC on May 22 of 2008.

Not sure If Hysteria would have keys, but re-releasing a RB3 version of it would be just too funny.
  • BonJohndyBonJohndy Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    I am surprised Skillet's "Monster" is not a song not in one of the set lists. O.o It is an awesome song.
  • ThatDrunkGuyThatDrunkGuy Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    No, #1 question is when will the XMB boot be fixed for RB3 on the PS3.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited October 2011
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited October 2011
    I have a question

Will HMXHenry be dressed as Dr Doom for it?
  • QuetotQuetot Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    Would love to see some Misfits stuff in that setlist.......
    edited October 2011
    I gots a question: Will we ever see another Fratellis DLC pack again???
  • edited October 2011
    I have a question or two. Will Weird Al Yankovic be put on rock band anytime soon or at all? Also is there going to be a Beatles rock band 2 because my friend thinks there will be and I don't think so.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited October 2011
    Yes, indeed , I have a question that no one else has asked yet:

What are your personal opinions of the songs being put out on RBN, specifically by little-known artists and even forum members?
  • edited October 2011
    Are we suppose to be asking questions yet? if so my question is... Can you guys release RB3 on the Games on Demand on the Xbox? You already did it with Lego RB and with all the disc cracking i think it would sell very well.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4535740 said:
    Are we suppose to be asking questions yet?

No, and I'm confused as to why so many people think we are, especially since it says "via twitter" very clearly on the OP.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited October 2011
    Guys, the thread title even says 'Q&A...on Monday 10/31'. How hard is it to realize that?
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited October 2011
    I just saw others leaving questions and thought it was kosher. I'm one of the idiots that didn't read the OP. Sorry.
  • TheFirstRaysTheFirstRays Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    What time will this get started and do we just send messages to Harmonix on Twitter?
    edited October 2011
    TheFirstRays;4535920 said:
    What time will this get started and do we just send messages to Harmonix on Twitter?
    Gee, who knows! If only they mentioned it!
    We'll have specific times and links posted on Monday so be sure to keep posted! It should be a blast. See everyone on Halloween!
    Reading is fun!
    edited October 2011
    Will the links and times be updated on the OP?
    edited October 2011
    atalkingfish;4535847 said:
    No, and I'm confused as to why so many people think we are, especially since it says "via twitter" very clearly on the OP.

Mine was meant as a joke. I'm fully aware that HMX isn't likely to divulge info about upcoming DLC.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited October 2011
    When is Rock Band 4 coming out please?
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Since I won't be there for the Q&A can somebody ask this question for me please, its bugged me for years:

"What's the story behind the Hautewerk 3 pack? If it was a single I could understand, but it seems so random. Its not exciting to play, hell, no one according to Rate Your Music even owns an album by them, and as far as I know they're not part of the Boston area, so what gives?"
    edited October 2011
    hiimSMAP;4536089 said:
    Since I won't be there for the Q&A can somebody ask this question for me please, its bugged me for years:

"What's the story behind the Hautewerk 3 pack? If it was a single I could understand, but it seems so random. Its not exciting to play, hell, no one according to Rate Your Music even owns an album by them, and as far as I know they're not part of the Boston area, so what gives?"
    It was supposed to be a half-price thing, but it got uploaded wrong, and for some reason, couldn't be fixed.

As for why they picked it, who knows. Maybe Hautewerk came to them and offered up some fun songs. Stone Sour is arguably more popular, but a lot of people thought it strange to give them a 3-pack instead of just Through Glass as a single.
  • GraphicMangGraphicMang Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    If this cant be viewed live will there be links after?
  • edited October 2011
    GraphicMang;4536408 said:
    If this cant be viewed live will there be links after?

Due to music licensing issues (i.e. we don't own rights to the songs we'll be playing) we can only livestream it. Tune in live, keep posted to Twitter for replies and maybe someone will keep track of questions here on the forums.
  • GraphicMangGraphicMang Rising Star
    edited October 2011
    hmxhenry;4536410 said:
    Due to music licensing issues (i.e. we don't own rights to the songs we'll be playing) we can only livestream it. Tune in live, keep posted to Twitter for replies and maybe someone will keep track of questions here on the forums.

Understood
    Thanks Henry
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    I've got the best question of all: Why is HMX of all people acting like the RBN doesn't exist? Why isn't The Monster Stroll by Jocko of Sha Na Na in the playlist when it's a halloween song?
  • edited October 2011
    NoThru22;4536448 said:
    I've got the best question of all: Why is HMX of all people acting like the RBN doesn't exist? Why isn't The Monster Stroll by Jocko of Sha Na Na in the playlist when it's a halloween song?

We're using a dev kit for this event and we can't add RBN songs the same way we do regular RB songs. The dev kit essentially lets us add any of our own material, so we're able to load up all the core RB DLC. But because we're not the sole producers of the RBN tracks, the dev store has no way to add RBN tracks, and when we've looked into alternatives in the past there's been no way to do it without essentially denying authors their cut, which is obviously an unacceptable solution.

The dev store simply isn't set up to support UGC content, certainly not on the scale that we'd like. If there was a way around it we'd obviously be adding a ton of RBN songs to the list. Not an intentional slight, but an unfortunate limitation of the dev tools. Feel free to recommend RBN tracks here people should be adding to their lists.
  • edited October 2011
    10 minutes until we kick things off! Submit questions via the livestream link in the OP or direct them to @RockBand on Twitter.
  • DackAttacDackAttac Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    ...I think Pope just called me DerpAttac. :p Fair turn, sir.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    No Stage Kit and No Pro Instruments except the official keyboard. You poor HMX employees ;(
    edited October 2011
    1. Any plans on including new achievements(and goals) with each big pack of DLC?

2. Will you be making RB Pro more of an educational focus, possibly by adding more genre based lessons?

3. How do you plan to upgrade the Pro Guitar setup, as in how are you changing the chart layout? Will you be adding any new notation like bends and Harmonix?

4. Any chance a new Pro guitar model might be coming out, maybe one with a whammy?

5. Would it be possible to add the tuning at the beginning of each song on the top of each string b4 song starts?

6. Will there be any Keys charting notation differences?

7. Whats your stance on x2 Bass for Drums? Why is it that you don't chart x2 Bass, any, and RBN has 2 tracks out to buy for every song that has x2 Bass?

8. Is Score Duel coming back?

9. When will RBN authors have access to chart Pro Guitar and Bass chating tools?

10. How do you plan on implementing the Kinect into the next RB? Use your Kinect to put your living room in the game? Voice Commands?

11. I know Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin have been asked for about a billion times, but why is it that Harmonix and RB hasn't been able to acquire them?

----------If you answer that how about bands like TOOL, Sublime, King Crimson, and Jeff Beck (GH-Activision- had them all so in some way, they are down for it)

When will we see real info on where RB is heading next???

Im a huge fan of Harmonix starting with Amplitude and then into GH1 and RB, and thats where I found my new love for music! Thanx for all your time and effort with the games we have(especially Beatles RB, and thats reminds me, Will we ever see TBRB Export?) and for all the great music you have worked on and put out?