I'm giving rbns another whirl

atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
edited November 2011 in The Rock Band Network
http://rbnstuff.com

I redid rbns, working on the back catalogue to fill the space, but it will mainly be used to keep track of recent releases (for example, the main page will have the last 50 releases, and the left side will show the top rated songs of the last week)

I've also made it easier for Authoring companies to post announcements on the right of the page. Most of the participating authoring companies already have accounts on there to use for this.

Each song will now have its own page where previews, descriptions, and other info will be present.

I'm still missing the rating system, but that'll be up by the time the next batch of songs are up on the Rock Band Music Store.

Criticism and comments ahoy! I'd love to hear them.

Comments

• atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited November 2011
    Okay, the new rating system is up. Give it a shot so I can test out some of the rating-based stuff.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited November 2011
    is there a way to make the rating system a 1 time only thing? i can just vote a song up twice and it becomes the top rated...
    edited November 2011
    Zemanator;4538124 said:
    is there a way to make the rating system a 1 time only thing? i can just vote a song up twice and it becomes the top rated...

Yes, but I have not applied it, since there really isn't anything that can go wrong with it except some over-zealous fans getting their favorite songs upvoted for a week or so. If it becomes a huge issue, I'll make sure to get that working, but it's a whole 'nother level of databases, so it takes a while.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    I'm glad to see it back up. I missed it for a while there. Thanks.
    edited November 2011
    lvmathemagician;4538319 said:
    I'm glad to see it back up. I missed it for a while there. Thanks.

Good to hear. I didn't know if anyone was actually using it. I'll keep it up to date from now on. Plus, this new way of doing it makes the front page more simple (by not including as much info) while still providing more info (by giving each song a page)
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited November 2011
    Looks really good!
    Great work Fish! :)
    edited November 2011
    Thanks. I'm thinking of adding comments to songs. Would people be interested in that? Unfortunately, that would require accounts (which is fine with me, but I dunno if others would be fine with that)
    edited November 2011
    I was having some problems with buy links (for some reason, I do now know), but they are fixed now.

Also, I added little popularity bars underneath the buy links so you can see how the more recent releases stack up against eachother.
  • jawillroyjawillroy Rising Star
    edited November 2011
    Thanks for the sweat, Fish. RBN needs all the promo it can scrounge.
    edited November 2011
    jawillroy;4539064 said:
    Thanks for the sweat, Fish. RBN needs all the promo it can scrounge.

Hey, no kidding. The RBN is full of such great bands and artists that people just don't get the chance to see. Frankly, it's also full of a lot of 'meh' songs (though, more often than not, these vary from person to person). Hopefully this site will allow for a little more than just titles and text.

This way, people can easily see which songs stand out (unique ones, funny ones, awesome ones) without having to do a bunch of research.

I'm also hoping that authors will start posting their own announcements there, so people don't have to follow a dozen different news feeds, etc.