11/8 DLC Discussion - 21 Track Country Pack! Johnny Cash, Shania Twain, Keith Urban!

MagnetMagnet Moderator
edited December 2011 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4537332 said:
Hey gang,

Country music fans have plenty to celebrate, as songs from the retail-only Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 come to the Rock Band Music Store on November 8th!

Broken up into four jam-packed collections, there’s something for everyone, whether you’re a fan of modern country greats or legendary performers of the past. From the award-winning duo Sugarland’s Billboard hit “Settlin’” to Merle Haggard’s 1968 hit, “Mama Tried,” these are tunes country fans won’t want to miss. For those who want it all, the “Country Mega Pack” features all 21 country hits for one low price!

Additionally, a Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrade for Trace Adkin’s “Ride,” off of his 2006 album Dangerous Man, will also be available.

Available on Xbox 360®, Wii™ and PlayStation®3 system (November 8th, 2011):

• “Going Country Pack 05”
o Chely Wright – “Single White Female”
o Laura Bell Bundy – “Giddy On Up”
o Reba McEntire – “The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia”
o Shania Twain – “Party for Two (with Billy Currington)”
o Sugarland – “Settlin’”

• “Going Country Pack 06”
o Billy Currington – “That’s How Country Boys Roll”
o Darryl Worley – “Awful, Beautiful Life”
o Gary Allan – “Man of Me”
o George Straight – “TWANG”
o Johnny Cash – “Ring of Fire”
o Justin Moore – “Backwoods”

• “Going Country Pack 07”
o Darius Rucker – “Alright”
o Dierks Bentley – “Sideways”
o Keith Urban – “Kiss a Girl”
o Lady Antebellum – “Perfect Day”
o Luke Bryan – “Rain Is a Good Thing”
o Merle Haggard – “Mama Tried”
o Trace Adkins – “Ride” X

• “Going Country Pack 08”
o Dwight Yoakam – “International Heartache”
o Jason Aldean – “Crazy Town”
o Rascal Flatts – “Summer Nights”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system November 9th)

The tracks will be available for purchase individually on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii™. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$8.49 USD, £4.39 UK, €6.59 EU (680 Microsoft Points, 850 Wii Points™) for “Going Country Pack 05”
$9.99 USD, £4.99 UK, €7.99 EU (800 MS Points, 1000 Wii Points) for “Going Country Pack 06”
$10.99 USD, £5.99 UK, €8.99 EU (880 MS Points, 1100 Wii Points) for “Going Country Pack 07”
$5.49 USD, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 MS Points, 550 Wii Points) for “Going Country Pack 08”
$19.99 USD, £9.99 UK, €14.99 EU (1600 MS Points, 2000 Wii Points) for “Country Mega Pack”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
And the RBN:
hmxhenry;4538652 said:
These are the Rock Band Network songs that hit Xbox 360 on Thursday, 11/3/2011:

Blues

Buckner & Garcia - "Found Me the Bomb" (80 MSP)

Glam

Christian Death - "Church of No Return" (160 MSP)

Metal

All Shall Perish - "Embrace the Curse" (160 MSP)
Savage Minotaur - "Melted Picks & Broken Sticks" (160 MSP)
We Are Knuckle Dragger - "-20% for Being a Loser" (80 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic

Christina Marie Magenta - "Battle" (160 MSP)
Christina Marie Magenta - "Flags" (160 MSP)
Christina Marie Magenta - "Lunatic" (160 MSP)

Pop-Rock

Buckner & Garcia - "The Defender" (160 MSP)
Buckner & Garcia - "Do the Donkey Kong" (160 MSP)
Buckner & Garcia - "Goin' Berzerk" (160 MSP)
Buckner & Garcia - "Ode to a Centipede" (160 MSP)

Rock

The Trews - "Hold Me In Your Arms" (80 MSP)

And these are the PS3 RBN releases scheduled for Tuesday, 11/8/2011 (North America) and Wednesday, 11/9/2011 (Europe):

Black Veil Brides - "Children Surrender" ($1.99) - Metal
Black Veil Brides - "Perfect Weapon" ($1.99) - Metal
Richard Campbell - "England Rock Anthems" ($0.99) - Prog
Chad Smith's Bombastic Meatbats - "Need Strange" ($1.99) - RB/Soul/Funk
The Pauses - "Go North" ($1.99) - Indie Rock

21 Country tracks hitting next week! Discuss!

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Following up here to clarify some questions that have popped up since we announced that these songs were coming on last week's livestream Q&A. I'm sure there will be a few other questions, and I'll do my best to answer them as they pop up later in this thread.

* 19 of the 21 songs in this track will have keys support.

* These songs will all be labeled as RB3 Versions to differentiate them from the versions in Country Track Pack Vol 2. As such, they are not compatible with the CTP2 versions in online play.

* We had no intention of making these tracks available as RB3 Versions when the CTP2 launched in March, but licensing issues delayed the release of the DLC for almost 8 months and it was decided that at this point it would be less confusing to release them as RB3 Versions than to make it the only RB2 style DLC release in the last year. I'm sure this isn't ideal for people that bought the CTP2 and exported it, and I encourage those people to post here so we can pass that feedback along.

* We're offering a few different bundling options for these tracks, so be sure to check the breakout to see which pack works best for you. The Mega Pack features all 21 songs for $19.99, which I believe is the best cost per track of any album / greatest hits pack we've ever released.

* Regarding future RB3 Versions of legacy tracks, it's still something we're considering. Reaction to this pack will go a long way in helping us determine if people want more legacy tracks upgraded or if there's still too much reluctance to repurchase songs with new features. Let us know what you think here, and I'll start a poll to collect some more concrete numbers to pass along.

***UPDATE 11/7***

Keep an eye on your inboxes, there may be a surprise for some posters in this thread in the next few days.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    Gonna give these a re-listen, and Pack 6 is tempting, but Ill probably stick to "Man of Me", "Backwoods", and "Ring of Fire".

BTW...

I can't watch the videos, but I am curious as to whether or not they are all from different COUNTRYs... intentionally misspelled to show where they may be going with the hints.

What were videos after the first?
    Holy crap... I (along with others) got one!

Edit Two: Hmmm... can you tell I was waiting for this post to come up? Also, listening to the tracks again, I think "Crazy Town" may get picked up as well.
  • robinbin7robinbin7 Opening Act
    edited November 2011
    I want RB3 Versions! But not for country songs. Yet another pass week for me. :(
  • ChertensteinChertenstein Opening Act
    edited November 2011
    Good for country fans. I am not a country fan.

However, the track to dollar ratio hasn't been this awesome since London Calling or BSSM, so that is good to see.
  • hek8981hek8981 Opening Act
    edited November 2011
    Supernope on the official DLC, but there hasn't been much in the way of Country in RB in a while, so that'll be nice for the Country folks.

As always, PS3 RBN tracks are going to require research... but I'm not holding much hope for this batch. Fingers crossed that I am pleasantly surprised!

And regarding RB3 versions of legacy tracks, my previous gripes still stand: Whether HMX has any control over it or not, I am not paying $2 for keys/harmonies on a song I already paid $2 for, and even more so if it is going to clutter up my songs list with near-duplicates.
  • frankummsfrankumms Opening Act
    edited November 2011
    Good chunk of nothing this week.
  • I_Love_YouI_Love_You Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    Well that was beautifully disappointing for me, but at least it's out now :).

Plus key support for the songs is impressive.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited November 2011
    Not a fan of country. So pass for me, yet again...
  • shaaneshaane Unsigned
    edited November 2011
    I'm all for RB3 versions of legacy tracks. While the country pack isn't my thing, many older, non-country songs would definitely be repurchases for me. I'd love for Harmonix to test the market with a four pack of classic songs restyled for RB3!
  • crashb648crashb648 Unsigned
    edited November 2011
    Wow, thats a lot of tracks there! I'll have to go through them all and see which i like :)

And I am certainly in favor of more upgrades. I've joined the rock band DLC party very recently, so i havent purchased much leagcy DLC. But if i know upgrades are coming, i will certainly buy more tracks!

Thanks HMX! Make upgrades happen :)
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    I already have these songs, very disappointed in rb3 versions, will not be spending money on upgrades. My opinion and reasoning has been posted enough that I don't feel the need to be a broken record.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited November 2011
    So have you guys found a way to reward the early adopters of the CTP2 disc?
  • JasonofindyJasonofindy Opening Act
    edited November 2011
    hmxhenry;4539661 said:

* 19 of the 21 songs in this track will have keys support.

The fact that we won't be able to play with anyone who buys these songs now sucks. At least we got the songs 8 months earlier.

Honestly, the real downer is not that these songs are being released now with keys. It is the fact that the disc released in March (6 months after RB3) didn't.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    I'll just get about 4 or 5 of these. Unless I can remind myself of a couple others that aren't poop.

But I love the addition of keys. Can't wait to play Reba!
  • azzaman333azzaman333 Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    Well, at least all this country garbage is contained to a single week.
  • toad3000toad3000 Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    There's only a few songs I'm interested in here (I have a soft spot for Reba McEntire, so more of her music is always welcome), but I'm glad to see the idea of RB3 versions isn't dead yet. I hope to see more legacy upgrades in the future!
  • diieeegodiieeego Opening Act
    edited November 2011
    awesome! finally Ring Of Fire!

and yeah, bring those RB3 upgrades. I would love to have those Jackson 5 tracks upgraded
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited November 2011
    robinbin7;4539677 said:
    I want RB3 Versions! But not for country songs. Yet another pass week for me. :(

Same here!!! I do want RB3 versions of many songs that have keys in them....but these Country songs are not those songs.
  • jasonrosenbaumjasonrosenbaum Rising Star
    edited November 2011
    OK, I rarely complain about DLC, but this is a situation that kind of rankles me. I purchased this Track Pack earlier this year and exported the songs. And now you're telling me to get most of the RB3 features, I have to pay another $20? No thank you.

Trust me, I understand the licensing issues here and I think this is a great situation for the majority of people who did not purchase the pack. But I don't plan on getting anything. No demands or anything - Harmonix does not owe me anything at all. Just stating my opinion.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited November 2011
    Cool for country fans. I just wish we were getting more RB3 songs of songs I like. My legacy DLC gets touched a lot less in RB parties now.

Still might snag a song or two, Definately Ring of Fire.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited November 2011
    jasonrosenbaum;4539704 said:
    OK, I rarely complain about DLC, but this is a situation that kind of rankles me. I purchased this Track Pack earlier this year and exported the songs. And now you're telling me to get most of the RB3 features, I have to pay another $20? No thank you.

Trust me, I understand the licensing issues here and I think this is a great situation for the majority of people who did not purchase the pack. But I don't plan on getting anything. No demands or anything - Harmonix does not owe me anything at all. Just stating my opinion.

This.
    Even though keys on these will suck anyhow and are pointless to even upgrade TBH.
    Wait for next week i guess.. only getting RBN this week.
    *Wish we would have gotten at least SOME new country songs with this.. these aren't new if you own the freaking disc...*
  • howieduenhowieduen Rising Star
    edited November 2011
    This sucks because: 1) I already have all of these tracks, 2) I don't like any of them enough to double-dip for RB3 Versions, and 3) If I ever want to play these online, there will be compatibility issues with the people who buy the RB3 versions.
  • osteofightosteofight Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    So. Much. Twang.

On the repurchasing issue, unless if the song is really short (ahem We Will Rock You), sign me up to re-buy a version with keys and/or pro-guitar.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    Since specific feedback on RB3 versions was requested, YES, I would wholeheartedly love RB3 versions of songs with very prominent uncharted (or charted to guitar) keys. Off the top of my head, The Who's "Baba O'Rielly" (not counting the opening synth, there's still keys in the song) and Blondie's "Rapture" are two big example candidates.

I also wholeheartedly support RB3 versions of RB1 songs or Lego songs whether they have keys or not for the Wii folk.
    Bront20;4539708 said:
    I just wish we were getting more RB3 songs of songs I like.
    I applaud and salute your honesty. Communication here would go a lot better if more people were honest with themselves.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    Absolutely nothing for me this week. I'm not gonna buy ANY shania twain stuff unless it's "that doesn't impress me much".

Ring of Fire is a MAYBE, but only if horns are charted on keys this time. Defenetly goin' for RBN stuff next week.
  • IngameIngame Unsigned
    edited November 2011
    Ring of Fire! At last! Don't know and don't care about the other songs, my country listening, and playing, is restricted to Johnny.

And when it comes to more RB3 Versions, I'm all for it. Some songs (personally I'd buy at least Who RB3 Versions in a heartbeat) just need to be updated.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    Bout time they released these. Not interested in any tracks this week except maybe Ring of Fire. I'll check out some of the charts for the other stuff though. Also, interesting RBN week. The rest of Pac-Man Fever!
  • edited November 2011
    hek8981;4539680 said:

As always, PS3 RBN tracks are going to require research... but I'm not holding much hope for this batch. Fingers crossed that I am pleasantly surprised!

I felt the same way when I saw the list, but then I was really pleasantly surprised when I checked out 'Need Strange'. If you're a keys or drums player, that's a really cool song.

The official DLC isn't my thing either. Ring of Fire is the only 'maybe'.

As for hint explanations:

The Grateful Dead cover of Johnny B Goode was from 1971, and was also featured on the collection of live tracks they released that year (which is unofficially known as 'Skull and Roses'). That collection also features a cover of Mama Tried, which is of course in this pack.

The equation was a much clearer hint. Most people managed to figure out that I was hinting at Gary Sinise's Stu Redman character from the miniseries based on Stephen King's the Stand, but the key element nobody guessed was that c"Q" stood for character quote (the quotation marks were the clearest hint in this one). That's also where the ≠ D(umb) comes in... because one of Stu's most famous quotes from that series (and the book it was based on) is "Country don't mean dumb."
  • big_old_tombig_old_tom Rising Star
    edited November 2011
    I'm not a country fan, so i won't be getting these songs, but that's fine with me.
  • Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    hmxhenry;4539661 said:

* We had no intention of making these tracks available as RB3 Versions when the CTP2 launched in March, but licensing issues delayed the release of the DLC for almost 8 months and it was decided that at this point it would be less confusing to release them as RB3 Versions than to make it the only RB2 style DLC release in the last year. I'm sure this isn't ideal for people that bought the CTP2 and exported it, and I encourage those people to post here so we can pass that feedback along.

* We're offering a few different bundling options for these tracks, so be sure to check the breakout to see which pack works best for you. The Mega Pack features all 21 songs for $19.99, which I believe is the best cost per track of any album / greatest hits pack we've ever released.

* Regarding future RB3 Versions of legacy tracks, it's still something we're considering. Reaction to this pack will go a long way in helping us determine if people want more legacy tracks upgraded or if there's still too much reluctance to repurchase songs with new features. Let us know what you think here, and I'll start a poll to collect some more concrete numbers to pass along.

Here's my feedback...

This guarantees that I won't ever drop another dime on a physical track pack again. I paid $30 on release for a few reasons: 1) the announcement that there was "no plan to release RB3 versions at this time", 2) to support the retail model of DLC for a game that I love, 3) to support country music in RB and show that there was definitely a market for it, and 4) $30 for a disc was cheaper than $2 per song when they inevitably trickled out as DLC.

Safe to say, I feel slighted by this.

It's probably not smart to gauge reaction to this pack to considering how to handle future RB3 versions. Because a lot of us already bought the disc and will likely ignore this release.