RBNS Interview w/ Rainbowdragoneyes

atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
edited November 2011 in The Rock Band Network
There's been a huge upswing in interest towards RBNS lately, which is great. We have authors posting contest, people ratings songs left and right, and the new layout is proving very organized and helpful.

So here's an interview with one of the community's favorite RBN artists: Rainbowdragoneyes! click

And don't forget to trial, buy, or rate the song (including rating individual instruments for the song) here

I'd like to thank Chart-Toppers Authoring for making this possible, not only by getting Rainbowdragoneyes into the game in the first place, but for being a very heavy supporter of the RBNS website.

Comments

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited November 2011
    When he said something about "Dips**t McF**kface" and and about using fake programs to make crappy, fake chiptunes, I was wondering if that was directed at me. Then I realized I shouldn't give a s***.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited November 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4540654 said:
    When he said something about "Dips**t McF**kface" and and about using fake programs to make crappy, fake chiptunes, I was wondering if that was directed at me. Then I realized I shouldn't give a s***.

Haha it took me a bit, but I am assuming he was just making a reference to other people who try to make 8-bit music but don't have any money to do so very well.
    edited November 2011
    atalkingfish;4540657 said:
    Haha it took me a bit, but I am assuming he was just making a reference to other people who try to make 8-bit music but don't have any money to do so very well.

That would still be me, but not only me. Well, I feel a little better knowing an artist I like isn't pointing me out and saying I suck. I do, but I didn't think I sucked that bad.
    edited November 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4540668 said:
    That would still be me, but not only me. Well, I feel a little better knowing an artist I like isn't pointing me out and saying I suck. I do, but I didn't think I sucked that bad.

Well, I definitely wouldn't call your music 8-bit, since there are no 8-bit sounds in it.

That being said, the original statement sounded kind of elitist anyway. Just like the website people who can tell my website is made with no formal training of any kind. On one hand, it sucks, on the other hand, I'm satisfied in doing my best, I enjoy it, and it works. (also the criticism pushes me to do better)
    edited November 2011
    atalkingfish;4540671 said:
    Well, I definitely wouldn't call your music 8-bit, since there are no 8-bit sounds in it.
    Yep, I know, but it's clearly inspired by 8-bit music. As well as metalcore, electronica, power metal, hard rock, and classical, but still...
    edited November 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4540674 said:
    Yep, I know, but it's clearly inspired by 8-bit music. As well as metalcore, electronica, power metal, hard rock, and classical, but still...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I tried for forever to get 8-bit sounds using what I had. Then I finally found stuff (and you can hear it on Corn Dogs) and it's pretty cool.
    edited November 2011
    atalkingfish;4540676 said:
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I tried for forever to get 8-bit sounds using what I had. Then I finally found stuff (and you can hear it on Corn Dogs) and it's pretty cool.

Yeah, I was going to eventually ask you how you got that sound?
    edited November 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4540677 said:
    Yeah, I was going to eventually ask you how you got that sound?

I don't exactly remember. It's a free plugin for garageband that you can use just as long as you aren't making money off of it. Or at least, if you want to make money off of it, you have to contact them about it. All I know is that it took a lot of google searching.
    edited November 2011
    atalkingfish;4540679 said:
    I don't exactly remember. It's a free plugin for garageband that you can use just as long as you aren't making money off of it. Or at least, if you want to make money off of it, you have to contact them about it. All I know is that it took a lot of google searching.

IF only I had a Mac. Hey, will this plug-in work on REAPER?
    edited November 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4540682 said:
    IF only I had a Mac. Hey, will this plug-in work on REAPER?

I'm not positive, but I'm sure that anything you can find on a Mac is easier to find on a Windows.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited November 2011
    Blunt as always, and entertaining to read. When you told me he was being interviewed, I didn't expect him to get done so quickly, lol. Really like the design of the interview page too!
    LiveHomeVideo;4540654 said:

I'm not sure he knows who you are, but even so, I saw it more as a general statement than anything.
    edited November 2011
    Arcanon;4540828 said:
    Blunt as always, and entertaining to read.

Nothing wrong with being blunt (usually)
    I read a few other interviews with him in it to see what kind of person he was like. Seemed like someone who didn't mind blunt things, so I wasn't too worried.
    edited November 2011
    Arcanon;4540828 said:
    I'm not sure he knows who you are, but even so, I saw it more as a general statement than anything.

Well, he could have seen preview videos and such for my songs. And I've gotten a lot of criticism on the web as it is. Still, I also saw it as a general statement towards people who claim to make 8-bit music when they only use computer programs, and not a true 8-bit gaming system.
    edited November 2011
    Funnily enough, at first, I thought he was actually talking about a specific artist. I even tried to look up the name to see who he was talking about. Then I realized what he was getting at.