Zounds! New Patch! RB1 songs restored! Hide songs! See OP for details!

atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
edited December 2011 in Rock Band
According to their twitter.
hmxhenry;4541604 said:
Hey gang,

With a solid year of Rock Band 3 under our belts, we’ve got another small title update coming out on Tuesday November 8th for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. We’ve pulled together notes for previous updates and it has always been well received by those of you in the community, so we’re doing the same for the one coming out tomorrow.

While there are several legal and security tweaks going in (which we won’t be able to address specifically, but honestly shouldn’t alter your RB3 experience in any way), there are also a few changes to gameplay that address some requests and comments we’ve received from the community since the last update.

• Soundgarden’s “Black Hole Sun” and the Red Hot Chili Peppers’ “Dani California” will now be available in Rock Band 3. These were songs from the RB1 disc that were not previously available via export, but thanks to some music licensing magic you’ll be able to play these fan favorite tracks in RB3. These songs should be visible to anyone that previously imported RB1, but if you have additional questions related to export you can consult support articles here.

• We’ve corrected an issue where playing combinations of “Surfing with the Alien,” “Satch Boogie,” “The Hockey Theme” and “Caprici di Diablo” in a set list resulted in a crash.

• We’ve added an additional filter option for songs in your library. In addition to sorting by lighter rating, this new option will allow users to hide 1 Lighter rated songs that you don’t want to see in your set list, which should allow for more effective organization of the growing library of RB content.

This title update should not interfere with the regular DLC release and you’ll be prompted to accept the update when firing up Rock Band 3 on 11/8.

Thanks to everyone for supporting Rock Band 3 over the last year. It means a lot to have such a dedicated community and we’re happy to be able to respond to your feedback and suggestions by bringing back some much loved songs and improving elements of game play for a title you clearly love. Feel free to comment on the contents of the update in the main RB forum, we’ll be reading!

EDIT:
HMXLachesis;4542663 said:
If you are experiencing the Dani California crash bug, please go here and answer a few questions to help us figure out what happened.

Thanks!
Edit:
It seems that it is only happening to non-USA versions of the disc AND:
HMXLachesis;4542709 said:
Thank you all for the information. We now understand what's wrong and we're examining it further internally.

Comments

• ThatLattyThatLatty Opening Act
    edited November 2011
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    Beat me by a minute. I cannot wait to play Dani California on Pro Drums!
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    Not only that but we finally get to hide 1 lighter songs. YAY!
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited November 2011
    Yes.

Now give us Spoonman and Give It Away as RB3 versions.
  • drhansdrhans Unsigned
    edited November 2011
    This rules, thank you so much. Glad to have Black Hole Sun back, but more excited to hide the low rated songs. I'm getting ever closer to 1,000 songs and it'll be really nice to filter out some tracks, especially for parties and such.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited November 2011
    Now that I think about it, we should have been expecting it, considering we've gotten packs for Soundgarden and RHCP since RB3's release.

Anyways, I'm assuming these are the only things coming with the title update?
  • edited November 2011
    Other stuff too but its all black helicopter hush hush stuff... sorry.
    edited November 2011
    atalkingfish;4541616 said:
    Now that I think about it, we should have been expecting it, considering we've gotten packs for Soundgarden and RHCP since RB3's release.

Anyways, I'm assuming these are the only things coming with the title update?

Yep, actually didnt HMX say in their Halloween feed a week ago that there were no upcoming patches?
    edited November 2011
    Doc_SoCal;4541617 said:
    Other stuff too but its all black helicopter hush hush stuff... sorry.

Actually, I hadn't even seen the additional info about the crash fix and song hiding, the latter of which is very exciting to me.
  • Skippy DeluxeSkippy Deluxe Unsigned
    edited November 2011
    Nice! I honestly never expected this to happen. IMO Harmonix are the most customer- and fan-friendly game dev company currently out there, and it's because of things like this. Well done, guys. Keep up the good work!
  • YingaGartenYingaGarten Unsigned
    edited November 2011
    Great news, keep up the great work Harmonix. Work on bringing Rock and Roll Star back next.
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    I'll have to go tweak my lighter ratings on a handful of songs (i'd used 1 lighter for gawd-awful, and 2 lighters for "doubles" - I'll have to reverse those two), but thats a price I'm more than willing to pay to get my library up to my presentation standards. Getting those 2 songs back is a huge win!

I'm so happy about these two things, that I'll hold off for a day for asking for RB3 versions for Spoonman and Give It Away. Oops, guess I couldnt wait.... :)

All in all, I'm a very happy rocker right now....
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    RockBandand24Fanatic;4541618 said:
    Yep, actually didnt HMX say in their Halloween feed a week ago that there were no upcoming patches?

It's not a patch, it's a title update. :P

I do have to wonder, though I doubt we'll get any answers, if there's anything in the Black Helicopter changes that RBN authors should/could be aware of.
    edited November 2011
    atalkingfish;4541616 said:

They've been hinting at it since the RHCP pack.
    edited November 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4541626 said:
    It's not a patch, it's a title update. :P

I do have to wonder, though I doubt we'll get any answers, if there's anything in the Black Helicopter changes that RBN authors should/could be aware of.

Eh, I consider them the same thing. They both fix stuff.
    edited November 2011
    Hey! Mods! I did NOT write the subject in title caps! "Hide" should NOT be capitalized.
  • edited November 2011
    RockBandand24Fanatic;4541618 said:

I don't think that we said there weren't any upcoming patches period, but maybe there was some confusion over a few things we responded to by saying "we have no plans to patch [insert request here] at this time".
    Skippy Deluxe;4541621 said:
    Nice! I honestly never expected this to happen. IMO Harmonix are the most customer- and fan-friendly game dev company currently out there, and it's because of things like this. Well done, guys. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks so much for the kind words, and thanks to everyone for the speedy feedback.
    FairwoodStudios;4541626 said:

Nope, the legal stuff is all super boring, and shouldn't affect things how players, authors, testers, etc. use RB3 at all.
    edited November 2011
    The best part about this is that Superunkown and Stadium Arcadium get album sorting.
  • nunchuck charlienunchuck charlie Opening Act
    edited November 2011
    Hiding 1 lighter songs rules, thank you so much.
  • Ruz-ElRuz-El Rising Star
    edited November 2011
    Great work guys! The two songs coming back is a nice bonus to the added filtering! I can patiently wait for "Give It Away" to come in the future ha ha. I'm glad I've been grading the songs I hate with the one lighter from the beginning!

Quick question on that though. Will one lighter songs still pop up occasionally in random set lists to haunt us? I'm fine with that, just wondering if they are "gone gone" with one lighter, or simply hidden.
    edited November 2011
    Yet the people who were bashing HMX about the CTP2 have nothing to say here...

Anyways, yes, we greatly appreciate the effort that was put into this. Frankly, it's effort that could have easily been ignored. It's been a year and HMX is still improving the game. That really says something.

I know the one-lighter sorting will really help my game nights. My friend and I had just get a method going where we rate songs one lighter after playing them so they don't show up in party shuffles. This will just make that process even easier.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    hmxhenry;4541632 said:
    I don't think that we said there weren't any upcoming patches period, but maybe there was some confusion over a few things we responded to by saying "we have no plans to patch [insert request here] at this time".

In the Halloween feed I am still sure Drake said "Stay Tuned" and everyone is still recalling the "no future plans for a patch" which was after the last patch.

Doc, now I understand that "this years almost over" comment. I should really have picked up on that sooner ;)
  • big_old_tombig_old_tom Rising Star
    edited November 2011
    YingaGarten;4541623 said:
    Great news, keep up the great work Harmonix. Work on bringing Rock and Roll Star back next.

This. But if that never happens, I'll be just fine with Dani California back.
    edited November 2011
    Ruz-El;4541640 said:
    Great work guys! The two songs coming back is a nice bonus to the added filtering! I can patiently wait for "Give It Away" to come in the future ha ha. I'm glad I've been grading the songs I hate with the one lighter from the beginning!

Quick question on that though. Will one lighter songs still pop up occasionally in random set lists to haunt us? I'm fine with that, just wondering if they are "gone gone" with one lighter, or simply hidden.

One lighter songs never showed up in random playlists unless they were the only ones left, so assuming you're talking about that scenario, I imagine they won't show up at all, assuming the filter was selected, much like all the other filters.
  • TheMrsTheMrs Opening Act
    edited November 2011
    Feels like Christmas in November. Thanks HMX!
    edited November 2011
    Blasteroids;4541642 said:
    Doc, now I understand that "this years almost over" comment. I should really have picked up on that sooner ;)

What comment are you referring to?
  • JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    Great news, thanks HMX! Black Hole Sun is still my favorite song in the game, so it's been a bummer to be without it for a year. The new hide a song feature is the main library tweak I think most of us have been looking for too!

Still wondering if anything will ever come of Hier Kommt Alex & Rock N' Roll Star though. It'd be nice if the licensing issues on them were fixed as they were full price DLC. Not worried about Give It Away or Spoonman now though as they weren't part of the RB2 export and will probably come back as RB3 versions at some point.
  • rhanson79rhanson79 Opening Act
    edited November 2011
    Skippy Deluxe;4541621 said:

I second this, HMX is certainly one of a kind in regards to how well they treat the customer base - The best I've ever experienced. Thanks guys!
  • Ruz-ElRuz-El Rising Star
    edited November 2011
    atalkingfish;4541645 said:
    One lighter songs never showed up in random playlists unless they were the only ones left, so assuming you're talking about that scenario, I imagine they won't show up at all, assuming the filter was selected, much like all the other filters.

My mistake then. I often do "Random Song", not a playlist and I think I've had them come up before. Not sure now, so no worries. I'll look forward to playing around with it tomorrow.
  • edited November 2011
    Blasteroids;4541642 said:

:)