Dani California Bug (X360) - Missing EU songs post patch

karaokefreakkaraokefreak Road Warrior
edited November 2013 in Peer To Peer Support Forum
Hi there

I was so looking forward to playing Dani California in Rock band 3 after the update. BUT it doesn't work. Every time I try to start it up, my Xbox 360 (Fat) will tell me that the disc is unreadable. Then the console will automatically return to the dashboard - bummer! I installed my rock band 3 disc over a year ago, so the disc is surely not the matter (looks good, too, no scratches).

Any workarounds known?

Please HMX, fix this soon.

Thank you

BTW: I use a european Rock band 1 Export. Black Hole sun doesn't have that problem

***HMX EDIT 11/28***
hmxhenry;4556135 said:
Hey all. I'll post replies to a few questions below but wanted to post next steps first so people can link to them and quote them cleanly without a bunch of non essential background info attached.

Affected users (i.e. EU 360 players that imported RB1 into RB3, downloaded the newest title update and then found that several songs from RB1 import were no longer available) can submit a ticket via our support portal for a DLC code that will reintroduce the missing songs.

Please make sure the subject line of the email reads: Dani California Bug (X360) - Missing EU songs post patch

Also, please include your name, your gamertag and your country in the body of the email. We'll reply with a code as soon as possible so you can get these 8 songs back in your library.

We'll be passing along this next step to members of our Facebook and Twitter community as well, but feel free to pass it along to other affected users you know or cross post on relevant message boards and EU community sites.

Comments

• V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    Same problem here also with ordinary 360 /\

Loads of people are already posting this bug including me in the official sticky discussion at the top of the page.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2011
    Yeah the biggest theories on why it crashes is either a european copy of RB1 that you imported the tracks from is doing it, or people that have installed programs to allow them to play custom songs without audition mode.

I don't think there's a concrete reason for it yet, but if you have either or both of the above, then that's probably the culprit.
  • karaokefreakkaraokefreak Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    Yeah, I am from europe, so I use a european Rock band 1 Export.
  • lilbear78lilbear78 Opening Act
    edited November 2011
    works for me fine :) i'm on xbox too
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    Yeah, it has to do with the European version of the game. We also can't play those European exclusive songs anymore (Noooooo! Hysteria :()
    edited November 2011
    what? hysteria is gone?!?!?
    edited November 2011
    If you select it, it will give you the unreadable disc error
  • jim0wheeljim0wheel Opening Act
    edited November 2011
    Happened to me too. Black Hole Sun plays fine, though.

Edit: In the UK, using a European export.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    wait... so you're saying, not only is HMX not giving us MOAR MUSE, now they're taking them away?
    edited November 2011
    Yep, Harmonix are the perfect trolls
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2011
    This is just in the UK.

They still work fine in the US FYI.
    edited November 2011
    CloudWolf;4542620 said:
    Yep, Harmonix are the perfect trolls

LOL.. Well I guess it was not intentional. You couldn't imagine the Sh... storm if it were that way :D

Has anybody tried deleting and reinstalling the european rock band 1 export? Haven
    edited November 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4542625 said:
    This is just in the Europe.

Fixed it for ya. There are more countries in Europe than the UK ;)
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited November 2011
    We're gathering information about the problem with Dani California.

If you are experiencing the "disc unreadable" bug, please reply to this post with:

1) What console are you using?
    2) What region is your console profile (gamertag) in?
    3) What version of Rock Band 3 are you using (North America or Europe)?
    4) Is RB3 installed on your console's hard drive?
    5) Did you import RB1 from a different region?
    6) Have you experienced problems with any other songs since downloading the patch?

Thanks!

--------------

EDIT: Thank you all for the information. We now understand what's wrong and we're examining it further internally.
  • Spidey987Spidey987 Opening Act
    edited November 2011
    1) What console are you using? Original Xbox 360
    2) What region is your console profile (gamertag) in? UK
    3) What version of Rock Band 3 are you using (North America or Europe)? Europe
    4) Is RB3 installed on your console's hard drive? Yes
    5) Did you import RB1 from a different region? No
    6) Have you experienced problems with any other songs since downloading the patch? Just tried Hysteria and had the same issue. Haven't tried the other songs mentioned.
  • RyRoboRyRobo Opening Act
    edited November 2011
    360 Phat, 120GB hard drive Elite.

England, or UK. Whichever it would go under.

Europe

Yep

Nope.

6) Have you experienced problems with any other songs since downloading the patch?
    Along with Dani California I've had errors for Beetlebum, Countdown to Insanity and Hysteria with the disc read error comes up at the same point on loading for each. I'm willing to bet it'll happen with every other RB1-Europe exclusive export song too. I've read that it'll be something to do with how the patch blocked out custom songs (Which I've no clue how people even do, so I've never touched them), but I think you'll be aware of that now.
    edited November 2011
    Just removing the question here, since it's been answered.
  • NeonstarNeonstar Opening Act
    edited November 2011
    1. XBox 360 Slim
    2. UK
    3. Europe
    4. Yes
    5. No
    6. Beetlebum, Manu Chao, Perfekte Welle, Hysteria -- all give the same error as Dani California (haven't tried the others)
  • TZ1300TZ1300 Unsigned
    edited November 2011
    1) Xbox 360
    2) EU profile
    3) EU version
    4) Yes, installed to hard drive
    5) No
    6) At least Hysteria, haven't tried others
  • NintyspongNintyspong Unsigned
    edited November 2011
    1) What console are you using? Original Xbox 360 60GB HDD
    2) What region is your console profile (gamertag) in? UK
    4) Is RB3 installed on your console's hard drive? No
    5) Did you import RB1 from a different region? No
    6) Have you experienced problems with any other songs since downloading the patch? Hysteria, New Wave, Beetlebum, Countdown to Insanity, Perfekte Welle and Manu Chao all produce the same error as Dani California. Black Hole Sun appears to work fine however.
  • DirkDeeDirkDee Opening Act
    edited November 2011
    1) What console are you using? : Xbox 360 Slim

2) What region is your console profile (gamertag) in? : Norway

3) What version of Rock Band 3 are you using (North America or Europe)? : Europe

4) Is RB3 installed on your console's hard drive? : Yes

5) Did you import RB1 from a different region? : No

6) Have you experienced problems with any other songs since downloading the patch? : Yes all the same songs that everyone else is having trouble with
  • lousterlouster Unsigned
    edited November 2011
    Xbox 360 S

Europe

European

No

No

Yes - same songs as the previous posters. Had no problems with any of them before the patch.
  • xRuneXeroxRuneXero Unsigned
    edited November 2011
    1) Xbox 360 Phat 250gb
    2) Portugal (EU Profile)
    3) EU Version
    4) Yes
    5) No
    6) The RB1 Bonus songs
  • cartoonboxcartoonbox Unsigned
    edited November 2011
    Hi,

Xbox 360 Slim 250gb
    Spain
    Europe
    No
    No
    The same problem affects in Beetlebum, Countdown to Insanity, Hysteria,
    Perfekte Welle,...

And I deleted the songs, and re-exported, the problem remains the same. And also removed the console cache, delete the update and download again, and also delete the preload. But none of this has solved the problem.
  • DrokthirDrokthir Unsigned
    edited November 2011
    1) What console are you using? Original Xbox 360
    2) What region is your console profile (gamertag) in? UK/Europe
    4) Is RB3 installed on your console's hard drive? Yes
    5) Did you import RB1 from a different region? No, Imported from European RB1 disk (also on HDD)
    6) Have you experienced problems with any other songs since downloading the patch? Hysteria, New Wave, Beetlebum, Countdown to Insanity, Perfekte Welle and Manu Chao all produce the same error as Dani California.
    edited November 2011
    Thank you all for the information. We now understand what's wrong and we're examining it further internally.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    HMXLachesis;4542688 said:
    Has anyone tried deleting the non-working export songs and re-exporting? If so, did it change the behavior you're observing?

I re-exported Dani California, but it's still not working.

1) 360 Elite (EU PAL version)
    2) EU (Germany)
    3) European
    4) Yes, and always has been.
    5) No
    6) No
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited November 2011
    Xbox 360
    Europe (UK)
    European version
    Yes
    Nope
    Yeah - basically the other european exclusive rock band 1 songs give the same problem message as Dani California. As for trying to re-export them... i sold my Rock Band 1 disc a long time ago so i cant even try.
    edited November 2011
    Is anyone on a North American copy of RB3 having trouble with "Dani California"? Please reply and let me know if so.
  • RyRoboRyRobo Opening Act
    edited November 2011
    HMXLachesis;4542688 said:
    Has anyone tried deleting the non-working export songs and re-exporting? If so, did it change the behavior you're observing?
    Thought I'd give this a shot. I deleted Hysteria, started up RB3 and let it load my (Now 1 song down) DLC library. Tried to load Beetlebum while the game was started up and got the 'disc read error' message.

Started Rock Band 1 up, felt the nostalgia of having 'Day Late, Dollar Short' on the menu screen, re-did the export which involves overwriting every song (Grrr).

Started Rock Band 3 up, tried Hysteria, disc read error. Restarted RB3, tried Beetlebum for good measure, again, disc read error.

Finally, I tried starting up Rock Band 3 without my gamertag signed in and picking Hysteria. Got a disc read error. ):

Hope this helps!