New DLC Week of 1/15/08

edited January 2008 in Announcements
I'm out of the office this week and next but I'll still be posting up the new DLC each week (sorry if I don't return PM's until I get back.)

This week at $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) we have-

"Action" made famous by Sweet (cover)

"Last Train to Clarksville" made famous by the Monkees (cover)

"All the Small Things" by Blink 182

Credits available here.

More information on DLC and other Rock Band news here.

Comments

• SuperDullSuperDull Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    D'oh more songs that I like. Good choices...never heard "Action" tho, I'm sure it'll be fun like Ballroom Blitz tho.
    T-Two;253745 said:
    I hope I'm not the only one who is happy to see this. (He posts nervously...)
    yea I kinda am too.....that's one of those songs we used to jam to in high school on road trips. ha
  • lordwowlordwow Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    I sort of like Last Train To Clarksville, but I'll wait to see how the cover is.
  • HavocShouiHavocShoui Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Last Train to Clarksville?! Are you serious?! Now my mom will finally play this game.

Yay for "All the Small Things." It's gotten really annoying whenever people see "Say It Ain't So" on the setlist and ask "Say it ain't so, I will not go? Turn the lights off, carry me home?" Now, I can just direct them to this song :D Also, I'm quite pleased it'll be a master.

Can't say I recognize "Action" but I'll Youtube it and see what's up.

Great week, nonetheless.
  • AllIWantIsU2AllIWantIsU2 Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    Can't believe the number of people already saying they don't know Last Train to Clarksville - man I'm feeling old.
  • YateballYateball Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    BLINK 182 DLC!!! HELL YEAH!

Sorry, but I've been waiting for this for sooooooooooooooooo long! AWESOME!
  • P00KYP00KY Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    ehh, not to excited about these songs. The blink song could have been better.
  • JerickJerick Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Hmm...not crazy about the selections this week, maybe i'll pick up one but i'll probably give my self a concussion if my fiancee makes me buy Blink.
  • DownserjDownserj Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Thanks for posting these up for us. I didn't care much for this week, only going to buy the song by Blink. But that is just my taste, nothing against the other songs. I really need to stop spending so much on new songs, but it is hard to do when there are so many good ones that come out. So this week may be good for me.

By the way, is there any structure to what type of music comes out each week? Or is it always going to just be random songs? It would be cool for one week to have some older songs and the next be current music. That way we could have an idea of what to expect each week. Just my two cents.
  • Mr_BoomstickMr_Boomstick Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Well, I am pretty sure that I am surprised by this week's DLC. I am sure my wife will love the Monkees and some Blink-182 though.

(So, I am sure I will be downloading them, just not sure if I will play them :( )
  • edited January 2008
    I bought at least one song every week (with the exception of XMas week).

I'm taking a pass this week. Just too much weaksauce on the plate.
  • Ken StickanikleKen Stickanikle Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    I can't beleive the number of positive responses to the Monkees. Happy to see it, but suprised.
  • juiceman23juiceman23 Opening Act
    edited January 2008
  • TheBatman9111TheBatman9111 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    I feel ripped off. Guess we'll download "My Sharona" while we wait another week for better music.

I can understand the validity of The Monkees and them having "fun" songs, but there needs to be a seriously good track in with a fun track and a more or less obscure track with each week's pack.

and 2 of these are COVERS?!?!?!?! Who's on the negotiating team?

Why only 3 songs per week? Why aren't we getting a "variety" pack in addition to a single band's 3 song pack?

Come on Harmonix/MTV!!! Money is still green and it still spends. Don't you want your stock to rise on the market? :eek:
  • QuastorQuastor Rising Star
    edited January 2008
    I'll have to take a listen to Action when I get to work, but the other two songs are great additions for parties with my friends!

Thanks again HMX!

In before "Where TF are the albums???"
  • AliceInChainedAliceInChained Opening Act
    edited January 2008
  • SleepingTalonSleepingTalon Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    While I appreciate all the DLC we get, some of these "older" tracks are getting to be just that...old. I was hoping for some newer music. The Blink track is OK I guess, but there were better choices than that too. It would also be nice to have something like Killswitch, A Perfect Circle, Sevendust, Breaking Benjamin, etc. Oh well...maybe next week.
  • JIrish780JIrish780 Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    I'm going to be very curious how people respond to the Monkee's DLC. This could be an interesting week. Still, more 60s material is a good thing, especially if it means continuing to push the game in new musical directions. I might snag this depending on the quality of the cover.

I've never heard the Sweet song, I'm looking forward to seeing the note chart.

I'm happy for the BLink 182 fans who finally get one of their songs. I'm hardly a fan, and I probably won't get this one, but still, why deny fans what they want?

Overall, not as strong a week for me as two weeks ago was, but so long as the DLC keeps flowing, I'm happy.
  • SGrundySGrundy Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    I won't be downloading anything this week.....

A fake band (Monkees) and a horrible excuse for a band (Blink 182). Where's the rock?
  • babywolfmanbabywolfman Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    So many people out here loving on Blink, so I thought I'd throw some hate in. They are actually one of the bands I cringe when I think about being in the game. I'd rather see a P. Diddy song than anything by Blink, but for the fans that have been waiting: gratz d00dz!

Now if you will excuse me, I've got a ticket for the last train to Clarksville, and I don't know if I'm ever coming home.

P.S. - RELIABLE WEEKLY DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT IS THE GREATEST INVENTION SINCE EDISON'S PASSING!!!!!!

P.P.S. - Even when it massively sucks, like this week and Xmas week.

P.P.P.S. - Just kidding. Rock on, brothers & sisters!!!!!!!
  • dfjdejuliodfjdejulio Rising Star
    edited January 2008
    T-Two;253745 said:
    I hope I'm not the only one who is happy to see this. (He posts nervously...)
    Heh, "Last Train to Clarksville" is the only thing I'll be downloading this week. Woot!
  • RichieRBRichieRB Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    More Oldies!

YES!

I just wet myself.
  • bigpopcrushbigpopcrush Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    With the monkees you know there is going to be some sweet sweet tambourine action!! I love the Monkees selection Instant download! Blink is fine I am happy to DL them as well and all the small things is the popular choice.

Now for the real crown jewel.. More Sweet please!!

awesome lineup this week.. how about some Adam Ant or Devo next week..
  • JohnHealy1983JohnHealy1983 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    I was just wondering when do they put the songs on the marketplace for the downloads. I download every song they put on for this game.
  • YateballYateball Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    babywolfman;253785 said:
    So many people out here loving on Blink, so I thought I'd throw some hate in. They are actually one of the bands I cringe when I think about being in the game. I'd rather see a P. Diddy song than anything by Blink, but for the fans that have been waiting: gratz d00dz!

Now if you will excuse me, I've got a ticket for the last train to Clarksville, and I don't know if I'm ever coming home.

P.S. - RELIABLE WEEKLY DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT IS THE GREATEST INVENTION SINCE EDISON'S PASSING!!!!!!

P.P.S. - Even when it massively sucks, like this week and Xmas week.

P.P.P.S. - Just kidding. Rock on, brothers & sisters!!!!!!!
    lol I agree with you that Blink 182 is definately a "cup of tea" kinda deal where you either love them or hate them... not really very many people that have an in between.

While I'm disappointed that All The Small Things was chosen, it's still a great song and I'm happy that some Blink is in here.
  • renoboy33renoboy33 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    I would much rather get multi platinum hits like Last Train to Clarksville then a bunch of crap songs from from a bunch of obscure groups like you listed
  • aaron rogersaaron rogers Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Very nice...I will be getting the blink and the monkees songs for sure
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited January 2008
    M*therf*cking Blink 182!! Master track!! Take my Billy Bucks please!!!
  • Sgt.CheesecakeSgt.Cheesecake Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Nothing of interest this week. I'll pass.
  • gamegod81gamegod81 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    BLINK
    this is all ive wanted ever since the game came out
  • Tyvan72Tyvan72 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Eman311;253750 said:
    I'll pass, again.
    Same here!
    If this continues, they should rename the game to old rockband or wanna be a rock band.

We want ROCK HMX.:(
This discussion has been closed.