Official Discussion Thread: DLC Week of 12/6 - Queen 9 Pack!

edited December 2011 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4555780 said:
Hey gang,

On December 6th, nine songs from Queen – a legendary band whose career has had a lasting and profound influence on modern music across multiple genres – will hit the Rock Band Music Store.

The “Queen Extravaganza 02” pack will feature a wide range of tracks that spans the remarkable career of the quintessential rockers. From “Stone Cold Crazy” off 1974’s Sheer Heart Attack to the band’s 1991 single, “The Show Must Go On” from their 14th studio album, Innuendo, the pack bolsters an already impressive library of playable Queen tracks on the Rock Band platform.

One of the biggest rock acts of all time, Queen has released a total of 18 chart-topping albums and 18 #1 singles, while selling more than 300 million albums worldwide. In celebration of the band’s 40th anniversary, Queen’s entire 15-album studio catalog was recently reissued remastering work done by legendary engineer, Bob Ludwig. These must-have pieces of music history are available now on Hollywood Records.

Two of the songs, “Stone Cold Crazy” and "Bicycle Race”, have Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrades available.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii™ and PlayStation®3 system (December 6th, 2011):

• Queen – “Seven Seas of Rhye” O
• Queen – “Stone Cold Crazy” X
• Queen – “I’m in Love With My Car” O
• Queen – “You’re My Best Friend” O
• Queen – “Long Away”
• Queen – “Bicycle Race” XO
• Queen – “Don’t Stop Me Now” O
• Queen – “Radio Ga Ga” O
• Queen – “The Show Must Go On” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system December 7th)

The tracks will be available as “Queen Extravaganza Pack 02,” with songs available for purchase individually on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii™. Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$14.99 USD, £7.49 UK, €10.99 EU (1200 Microsoft Points, 1500 Wii Points™) for the “Queen Extravaganza Pack 02” pack.
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in the Rock Band forum.

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.

And for awesome background information on this content, including recording details, album of origin, and release details you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!
hmxhenry;4557468 said:
Here are the Rock Band Network tracks that hit the Xbox 360 on Thursday, 12/1/2011:

Metal

All Shall Perish - "My Retaliation" (160 MSP)
Askari Nari - "A Tadg30 Song" (80 MSP)
Design the Skyline - "Break Free From Your Life" (160 MSP)
Fallen Angel - "The Reapers Shall Gather / Arrival" (160 MSP)
Kylesa - "Tired Climb" (160 MSP)
Nevermore - "Without Morals" (160 MSP)
The Bunny the Bear - "Ocean Floor" (160 MSP)
Thunder and Lightning - "Horizon" (160 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic

dB soundworks - "Can o' Salt (Remix)" (80 MSP)
Rocket Ship Resort - "Starlight Speedway" (80 MSP)
Wolfblur - "Proto-Lupus" (80 MSP)

Punk

Teenage Bottlerocket - "Bigger than Kiss" (80 MSP)

Rock

BioShaft - "The Man's Masterpiece" (80 MSP)
Cancer - "Over and Out" (160 MSP)
Free Spirit - "Preacher Man" (160 MSP)
The Irresponsibles - "Break Me" (160 MSP)
The Irresponsibles - "Pretty Boy" (160 MSP)
Snovonne - "It's Sno, Baby - Not Sugar" (160 MSP)

And here are the PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 12/6/2011 (North America) and Wednesday, 12/7/2011 (Europe):

Attack Attack! - "Last Breath" ($1.99) - Metal
A Day to Remember - "All Signs Point to Lauderdale" ($1.99) - Rock
I Am Empire - "The Elevator" ($1.99) - Rock
Thomas Walker - "The Entertainer (Joplin)" ($0.99) - Classical
Parry Gripp - "Space Unicorn" ($0.99) - Novelty
All you 9 pack speculators now have your answer.

More Queen!

Been looking forward to Bicycle Race for quite a while.

Discuss!

Comments

• SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    hmxhenry;4557572 said:
    For the record, Don't Stop Me Now is not only my #1 most wanted song in Rock Band (and has been since the day I started at Harmonix), it is also one of man's greatest works of art, right up there with the Mona Lisa, the Eiffel Tower and the milkshake.

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement that which was made by you.

Although, no I Was Born to Love You?! :(
  • ludist210ludist210 Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    hmxhenry;4557572 said:
    For the record, Don't Stop Me Now is not only my #1 most wanted song in Rock Band (and has been since the day I started at Harmonix), it is also one of man's greatest works of art, right up there with the Mona Lisa, the Eiffel Tower and the milkshake.
    Mine too, and I will be purchasing it (at the very least). I may just bite and get the whole pack.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited December 2011
    I love this pack.
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    MooTrain;4559256 said:
    Don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time! I'm having a ball!!!!

Every time I hear that, I think of beating zombies with pool cues.

Indeed! Great movie, even greater song. I'm right there with Henry, it is one of man's greatest achievements.

With that said, the pack is all mine on Tuesday. Awesome, just completely awesome!
  • --Tay----Tay-- Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    I like some of the songs... but was this really necessary? Don't we have enough Queen already!
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    --Tay--;4559268 said:
    I like some of the songs... but was this really necessary? Don't we have enough Queen already!

Yes, no.
  • edited December 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4559263 said:
    I wholeheartedly agree with this statement that which was made by you.

Although, no I Was Born to Love You?! :(

Thats is now the last Queen song that I need.
  • Shaun222Shaun222 Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Getting the whole pack. I'm especially excited for I'm In Love With My Car.
  • CHampDudeCHampDude Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    DON'T STOP ME NOW!!!!

Such a great week :'D
  • MPPMikeMPPMike Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    I must admit I can't stand "Radio GaGa", but I won't buy just the other singles this time (as I did to avoid "We Didn't Start the Fire). Thanks for the 1-lighter filter!!!
  • mmetznermmetzner Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that's a really, really great set of songs, keyboard players are going to go crazy for Seven Seas of Rhye :) . Which albums will we have album listings for now? I make that 3 tracks off of A Night At The Opera, with I'm In Love With My Car and You're My Best Friend joining Bohemian Rhapsody.
  • grizzlymazegrizzlymaze Fourplay for a Long Time
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for The Show Must Go On and Radio Ga Ga. :D
  • Daniel_devonnDaniel_devonn Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    all of it , no contest
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited December 2011
    Now this I did not expect. Very happy... I love the idea of discography-spanning showings on RB. Queen really are just a great band for Rock Band.

Still would have liked to have seen Ogre Battle, but I'm thinking every deity I know that we didn't get "Body Language".
  • tati81tati81 Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Ok I'll buy 4 songs. I'd liked "A Kind of magic" and "Good Old fashioned lover boy"...
  • Pointblank41Pointblank41 Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    buying it all, great pack!
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited December 2011
    Whelp, can't say that I didn't see that coming. But it's a great week nonetheless. Definitely getting when I can get the points.
  • robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Excellent pack. Never heard Long Away before, thanks for the intro.

You're My Best Friend and Don't Stop Me Now have been my most anticipated songs for a long time, that I knew would realistically appear.

Congrats on a wonderful pack!!
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited December 2011
    Yet another Queen pack, and no "Princes Of The Universe". My heart...it breaks. :(

Ah, well. At least this pack includes "The Show Must Go On". It's in the top 5 of my favorite Queen songs to sing along to when I listen to it.

Edit: Holy crap! Just re-read and saw "I'm In Love With My Car". Roger Taylor on vocals for the mother-f'n WIN!!
  • Smap24Smap24 Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    Definitely getting everything.

I just hope we get Brighton Rock and Death On Two Legs... in the future.
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Meh... I already had all the queen I desired.....
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    great pack!! seven seas , Stone cold and the Show are highlights for me...
  • edited December 2011
    Now there's only one song left that I need Rock Revolution for, Spirit of the Radio.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited December 2011
    espher;4559258 said:
    Great pack, but I still have about a dozen Queen tracks I'm waiting for.

Pack 03 (in several months, of course), please.~

I feel the same way. If they continue to release a big Queen pack each year, I may just end up with all the songs I want eventually. These songs are awesome for now though!
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Yet another Queen pack, and no "Princes Of The Universe".
    A nine pack at that. Oh well, maybe next time. Queen seems determined to catch up to Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam, so keep 'em coming!
  • MPPMikeMPPMike Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to try so hard for #1 on Vocals with "The Show Must Go On". I love Seven Seas of Rhye and Don't Stop Me Now, but Show is probably my favorite non-Bohemian-Rhapsody Queen song. I'll probably break down in the middle of singing though. Whenever I hear the song I can't help thinking of the fact that Freddie wrote and performed "The Show Must Go On" while he was in the late stages of AIDS related illness. So sad.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    --Tay--;4559268 said:

I'm not even a fan of the group, and I'll say "No".
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2011
    RockBandRocker;4559282 said:
    Yet another Queen pack, and no "Princes Of The Universe". My heart...it breaks. :(

Ah, well. At least this pack includes "The Show Must Go On". It's in the top 5 of my favorite Queen songs to sing along to when I listen to it.

Edit: Holy crap! Just re-read and saw "I'm In Love With My Car". Roger Taylor on vocals for the mother-f'n WIN!!
    Agreed.

Great choices but where's princes of the universe?

Still, getting it all.

So Queen Pack 3 next year will have no excuse not to have Princes of the Universe, Too Much love can kill you, Get down make love, and who wants to live forever :D

Awesome week once again!
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited December 2011
    Best week in a long time.

Got married 4 months ago and our first dance was to "You're My Best Friend". Can't wait to play that one with the wife.
  • kravenkraven Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Glad we are getting more Queen, but I agree on the Highlander stuff being needed. I also want INNUENDO!!!!!!!!