Official Discussion Thread: DLC Week of 12/6 - Queen 9 Pack!

Comments

  • nunchuck charlienunchuck charlie Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Some real good choices, thanks again for the great tunes.
  • CroqCroq Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Buying the whole pack, no question. Thanks HMX for bringing more Queen to the game!
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    TheDyllmeister;4559305 said:
    Why are we getting more Queen again before The Who or Rush? (Please don't kill me- it's just a question! Queen is great, after all!)

    Can be any number of reasons, but the most simple and logical explanation usually is "Queen wanted to play ball at this time, and the others didn't'".
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    crap. it IS queen. oh well.

    might pick up a couple if i recognize them. these queen deep cuts are about as exciting to me as the bob marley deep cuts were. which is to say, not.
  • Se7en082Se7en082 Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Finally buying a pack after a hiatus. Radio Gaga for the win! Now if we could get the Highlander theme, like most people have already posted.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    dog037;4559310 said:

    Can't open twitter links at work. What does it say?
  • clarknovaclarknova Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    What? No "Football Fight" or "In the Space Capsule"?! Screw this!

    Just kidding. Thrilled to see "Bicycle Race." Been wanting that one forever, and "Long Away" is a surprise treat. I'll be getting them all.

    But I really would buy more Flash Gordon tracks...
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited December 2011
    dog037;4559310 said:

    Crap! There goes any hope of seeing "Princes Of The Universe", "Gimme The Prize" and "Who Wants To Live Forever" in the game. :(
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited December 2011
    samjjones;4559318 said:
    Can't open twitter links at work. What does it say?

    "No Flash, much as I'd love it. I believe the songs for films are harder to license. Still a b****in' pack."
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited December 2011
    tnevaker;4559315 said:
    crap. it IS queen. oh well.

    might pick up a couple if i recognize them. these queen deep cuts are about as exciting to me as the bob marley deep cuts were. which is to say, not.

    Whoa!

    "Radio Ga Ga", "Bicycle Race", "Don't Stop Me Now", "You're My Best Friend" and "The Show Must Go On" = deep cuts?


    Does...not...compute...
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    dog037;4559322 said:
    "No Flash, much as I'd love it. I believe the songs for films are harder to license. Still a b****in' pack."

    MOTHER!@#$%^

    (takes a deep breath)
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited December 2011
    Definite pick-up, as well as "The Entertainer" from the RBN. Nice week indeed. :D
  • iammaxiammax Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    This is so awesome that it almost makes up for Nickelback
  • Whizzer191Whizzer191 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Nice pack. I don't know all of them very well, but I will probably get the entire pack. 'Radio Ga Ga' I could easily do without, but it will be for free with the pack.

    Hopefully another deep cuts pack next year.
  • Kill All HumansKill All Humans Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Extremely solid pack and leaves enough bigger / popular songs for Queen 04 next year as well.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited December 2011
    samjjones;4559326 said:
    MOTHER!@#$%^

    (takes a deep breath)

    Keep calm!

    I know how you feel (only about the "Highlander" songs instead of the "Flash Gordon" ones), but remember, the first Queen pack had "One Vision" and that was used in a film ("Iron Eagle"). HMX can do it!
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2011
    tnevaker;4559315 said:
    crap. it IS queen. oh well.

    might pick up a couple if i recognize them. these queen deep cuts are about as exciting to me as the bob marley deep cuts were. which is to say, not.

    Stone Cold Crazy, Bicycle race, Don't stop me now, The Show Must go on, and Radio Ga ga are deep cuts?

    UHHHH....?
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    RockBandRocker;4559324 said:
    Whoa!

    "Radio Ga Ga", "Bicycle Race", "Don't Stop Me Now", "You're My Best Friend" and "The Show Must Go On" = deep cuts?


    Does...not...compute...

    If those are deep cuts, if those, I

    I want to make a snarky remark but I think that post melted my brain.
  • Pointblank41Pointblank41 Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    RockBandRocker;4559331 said:
    Keep calm!

    I know how you feel (only about the "Highlander" songs instead of the "Flash Gordon" ones), but remember, the first Queen pack had "One Vision" and that was used in a film ("Iron Eagle"). HMX can do it!

    you're my best friend and don't stop me now were in the movie Shaun of the Dead, Bohemian Rhapsody in Wayne's World, etc. Is probably harder depending on if the song was written for the film
    or not.

    Still, that leaves some songs for Queen 04
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    RockBandRocker;4559331 said:
    Keep calm!

    I know how you feel (only about the "Highlander" songs instead of the "Flash Gordon" ones), but remember, the first Queen pack had "One Vision" and that was used in a film ("Iron Eagle"). HMX can do it!

    Yeah, but there's a very big difference between Queen licensing that one song for "Iron Eagle", and writing significant amounts of soundtrack music for the "Highlander" and "Flash Gordon" films.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited December 2011
    elfreako;4559335 said:
    If those are deep cuts, if those, I

    I want to make a snarky remark but I think that post melted my brain.

    My post was in response to another post. Think you quoted the wrong one, because my brain is hurting from that logic as well.
  • I_Love_YouI_Love_You Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Queen again? Not complaining but it is the 3rd huge Queen pack we've gotten.

    Nice selection of course.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited December 2011
    For the record, the Bob Marley deep cuts were exciting. Wish they would do stuff like that more often.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Do I buy the whole pack, given that I only REALLY want 3 or 4 of these songs, trusting that I will learn to love the other tracks? Probably I'll wind up buying NONE of the tracks, waiting until I find an excuse and method to hear all of these songs (for cheap or free, in CD-quality sound) a few times. Often enough to know for sure whether I can safely say there are at least 3 songs I'll never, ever be excited about playing even once.

    Is there anything more lame that completing an album one song at a time over the course of a year? The answer is yes, there are many, MANY worse things, but still, pretty lame. Also lame: buying a full pack and then rarely if ever playing any of the songs. Decision time will come the first time a friend comes over eager to play Queen.
  • Kill All HumansKill All Humans Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    RockBandRocker;4559331 said:
    Keep calm!

    I know how you feel (only about the "Highlander" songs instead of the "Flash Gordon" ones), but remember, the first Queen pack had "One Vision" and that was used in a film ("Iron Eagle"). HMX can do it!

    The Flash Gordon songs will probably never make it due to the use of the actors in the tracks - along with Gimme The Prize - and there may be problems with the rest of A Kind of Magic as those tracks would have been commissioned for the Highlander soundtrack. Never say never though.
  • Alfon1995Alfon1995 Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    What will be the price in euros?
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited December 2011
    I honestly wouldn't shed a tear over never seeing the Flash or Highlander material. I'd definitely take early Queen over it, at least.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    well after watching the preview video, i'll be picking up Radio Gaga and You're My Best Friend (didn't know that was a queen song). may one day pick up stone cold crazy and show must go on.

    and if you were going to do ANOTHER queen pack, couldn't you have at least put These Are The Days of Our Lives on it?
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Meat-Popsicle;4559342 said:
    Do I buy the whole pack, given that I only REALLY want 3 or 4 of these songs, trusting that I will learn to love the other tracks? Probably I'll wind up buying NONE of the tracks, waiting until I find an excuse and method to hear all of these songs (for cheap or free, in CD-quality sound) a few times. Often enough to know for sure whether I can safely say there are at least 3 songs I'll never, ever be excited about playing even once.

    Is there anything more lame that completing an album one song at a time over the course of a year? The answer is yes, there are many, MANY worse things, but still, pretty lame. Also lame: buying a full pack and then rarely if ever playing any of the songs. Decision time will come the first time a friend comes over eager to play Queen.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4C96ZTJIhU&feature
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    --Tay--;4559268 said:
    I like some of the songs... but was this really necessary? Don't we have enough Queen already!

    why? Can you ever get enough of one of the greatest bands of all time? if they are willing why would we scoff at anything by them?
Sign In or Register to comment.