Official Discussion Thread: DLC Week of 12/6 - Queen 9 Pack!

Comments

• RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited December 2011
    tnevaker;4559315 said:
    crap. it IS queen. oh well.

might pick up a couple if i recognize them. these queen deep cuts are about as exciting to me as the bob marley deep cuts were. which is to say, not.

Whoa!

"Radio Ga Ga", "Bicycle Race", "Don't Stop Me Now", "You're My Best Friend" and "The Show Must Go On" = deep cuts?

Does...not...compute...
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    dog037;4559322 said:
    "No Flash, much as I'd love it. I believe the songs for films are harder to license. Still a b****in' pack."

MOTHER!@#$%^

(takes a deep breath)
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited December 2011
    Definite pick-up, as well as "The Entertainer" from the RBN. Nice week indeed. :D
  • iammaxiammax Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    This is so awesome that it almost makes up for Nickelback
  • Whizzer191Whizzer191 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Nice pack. I don't know all of them very well, but I will probably get the entire pack. 'Radio Ga Ga' I could easily do without, but it will be for free with the pack.

Hopefully another deep cuts pack next year.
  • Kill All HumansKill All Humans Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Extremely solid pack and leaves enough bigger / popular songs for Queen 04 next year as well.
    edited December 2011
    samjjones;4559326 said:
    MOTHER!@#$%^

(takes a deep breath)

Keep calm!

I know how you feel (only about the "Highlander" songs instead of the "Flash Gordon" ones), but remember, the first Queen pack had "One Vision" and that was used in a film ("Iron Eagle"). HMX can do it!
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2011
    tnevaker;4559315 said:
    crap. it IS queen. oh well.

might pick up a couple if i recognize them. these queen deep cuts are about as exciting to me as the bob marley deep cuts were. which is to say, not.

Stone Cold Crazy, Bicycle race, Don't stop me now, The Show Must go on, and Radio Ga ga are deep cuts?

UHHHH....?
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    RockBandRocker;4559324 said:
    Whoa!

"Radio Ga Ga", "Bicycle Race", "Don't Stop Me Now", "You're My Best Friend" and "The Show Must Go On" = deep cuts?

Does...not...compute...

If those are deep cuts, if those, I

I want to make a snarky remark but I think that post melted my brain.
  • Pointblank41Pointblank41 Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    RockBandRocker;4559331 said:
    Keep calm!

I know how you feel (only about the "Highlander" songs instead of the "Flash Gordon" ones), but remember, the first Queen pack had "One Vision" and that was used in a film ("Iron Eagle"). HMX can do it!

you're my best friend and don't stop me now were in the movie Shaun of the Dead, Bohemian Rhapsody in Wayne's World, etc. Is probably harder depending on if the song was written for the film
    or not.

Still, that leaves some songs for Queen 04
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Keep calm!

Yeah, but there's a very big difference between Queen licensing that one song for "Iron Eagle", and writing significant amounts of soundtrack music for the "Highlander" and "Flash Gordon" films.
    edited December 2011
    elfreako;4559335 said:

My post was in response to another post. Think you quoted the wrong one, because my brain is hurting from that logic as well.
  • I_Love_YouI_Love_You Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Queen again? Not complaining but it is the 3rd huge Queen pack we've gotten.

Nice selection of course.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited December 2011
    For the record, the Bob Marley deep cuts were exciting. Wish they would do stuff like that more often.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Do I buy the whole pack, given that I only REALLY want 3 or 4 of these songs, trusting that I will learn to love the other tracks? Probably I'll wind up buying NONE of the tracks, waiting until I find an excuse and method to hear all of these songs (for cheap or free, in CD-quality sound) a few times. Often enough to know for sure whether I can safely say there are at least 3 songs I'll never, ever be excited about playing even once.

Is there anything more lame that completing an album one song at a time over the course of a year? The answer is yes, there are many, MANY worse things, but still, pretty lame. Also lame: buying a full pack and then rarely if ever playing any of the songs. Decision time will come the first time a friend comes over eager to play Queen.
  • Kill All HumansKill All Humans Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Keep calm!

The Flash Gordon songs will probably never make it due to the use of the actors in the tracks - along with Gimme The Prize - and there may be problems with the rest of A Kind of Magic as those tracks would have been commissioned for the Highlander soundtrack. Never say never though.
  • Alfon1995Alfon1995 Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    What will be the price in euros?
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited December 2011
    I honestly wouldn't shed a tear over never seeing the Flash or Highlander material. I'd definitely take early Queen over it, at least.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    well after watching the preview video, i'll be picking up Radio Gaga and You're My Best Friend (didn't know that was a queen song). may one day pick up stone cold crazy and show must go on.

and if you were going to do ANOTHER queen pack, couldn't you have at least put These Are The Days of Our Lives on it?
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Meat-Popsicle;4559342 said:
    Do I buy the whole pack, given that I only REALLY want 3 or 4 of these songs, trusting that I will learn to love the other tracks? Probably I'll wind up buying NONE of the tracks, waiting until I find an excuse and method to hear all of these songs (for cheap or free, in CD-quality sound) a few times. Often enough to know for sure whether I can safely say there are at least 3 songs I'll never, ever be excited about playing even once.

Is there anything more lame that completing an album one song at a time over the course of a year? The answer is yes, there are many, MANY worse things, but still, pretty lame. Also lame: buying a full pack and then rarely if ever playing any of the songs. Decision time will come the first time a friend comes over eager to play Queen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4C96ZTJIhU&feature
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    --Tay--;4559268 said:
    I like some of the songs... but was this really necessary? Don't we have enough Queen already!

why? Can you ever get enough of one of the greatest bands of all time? if they are willing why would we scoff at anything by them?
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Best DLC of the year for me.

Another 9 or 12 pack would be welcome next year as well. :) The remaining hits, some deeps cuts, and finishing off a Night at the Opera.

All of it.
  • NovaihcsNovaihcs Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    YES! More Queen! Thanks HMX!
  • MurphyRockMurphyRock Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    elfreako;4559335 said:

Let me help you - "Deep Cuts" is RB forum slang for "songs I've never heard before and therefore don't know how awesome they are". :)

I am SOOOOO frickin' excited about this Queen 02 pack. Insta-buy for me (unlike the Queen 01 pack which contained mostly songs I already owned in RB and can't upgrade, grrr! But all is forgiven, HMX, with the release of this incredible 9-pack of songs.)
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    RockBandRocker;4559324 said:
    Whoa!

Does...not...compute...

of all the songs in this pack, radio gaga and you're my best friend are the only ones i've ever heard before, so they're deep cuts to me. and most of the rest, i don't ever want to hear again.
  • Alfon1995Alfon1995 Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    What will be the price in Europe???!!! It is urgent!!
  • Banjofan284Banjofan284 Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    Nice choices for the Queen Pack. I'm very happy Bicycle Race got a Pro Guitar upgrade since that's one of my favorite Queen songs. I'll pick up the pack once I've got a lot more money to spare on Xbox Live.

And congratulations to HMXHenry for finally getting his favorite song into Rock Band. That had to have been agony waiting for over half a year knowing that your most wanted song of all time was on the DLC schedule.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited December 2011
    I've spent approximately $52 on Queen songs.
    edited December 2011
    MurphyRock;4559353 said:
    Insta-buy for me (unlike the Queen 01 pack which contained mostly songs I already owned in RB and can't upgrade, grrr!

Yeah...where's the RB3 versions for the rest of the original Queen pack released 10/20/09, HMX? Y'all upgraded half of it the last time a new Queen pack was released. Could you finish it off, pretty please??
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited December 2011
    RockBandRocker;4559361 said:
    Yeah...where's the RB3 versions for the rest of the original Queen pack released 10/20/09, HMX? Y'all upgraded half of it before. Could you finish it off, pretty please??

Don't think those had keys, but they could add pro guitar.