This Band is Hot. Get them. (Sugar Glyder)

CaliphCaliph Unsigned
edited December 2011 in The Rock Band Network

Comments

• CaliphCaliph Unsigned
    edited November 2011
    And they're unsigned.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited November 2011
    "Get them" yourself. That's part of the beauty of RBN. Contact them, tell them about the game and the RBN, and how it puts their music into new ears. You could even offer to put them in touch with an authoring group (there are sure to be some authors here who would like new clients). Work on your sales pitch a little, and get it done ;)
  • TheMrsTheMrs Opening Act
    edited November 2011
    Yeah...get it done! I'd be interested in their stuff.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited November 2011
    I'll send them a message possibly later today. But more should! I didn't think they'd be that great, but that was an awesome song!
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited November 2011
    The screaming killed it for me.
  • CaliphCaliph Unsigned
    edited November 2011
    I'm just getting into the rbn scene I really don't have all the info on how to do this or that. I didn't mean to come off as pushy. These guys though I figured are very talented for a unsigned band, the song I linked has every quality you would want for a charted song from guitar, bass, drums, keyboard and vocals. And if you get these guys early on before signing they have alot more freedom on what songs they can put up for sale.
  • CaliphCaliph Unsigned
    edited November 2011
    Until I get a better understanding of how the process works consider me more of a talent scout.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited November 2011
    Guitars cool, bass sounds neat with drums going, drums are awesome, vocals are a miss for me.
    Otherwise i'd buy it.
    edited November 2011
    Caliph;4557332 said:
    Until I get a better understanding of how the process works consider me more of a talent scout.

There's not really that much to understand.

Band wants in RB.
    Band contacts authoring group. (or vice versa, or through a proxy - you!)
    //song stems, some amount of money change hands/// - AKA the part you don't really need to know the specifics about
    Song is authored.
    Song is tested.
    -some lather, rinse, repeat may be necessary-
    Song is available on Xbox.
    (maybe) Song is available on PS3 some time later.

That's really it, in a nutshell. The bulk of it is about describing the game (making sure to mention RB3 features, particularly if the band has a keyboardist) and why being in the game is good for the band. I usually presume some familiarity with the genre, if not Rock Band itself, and make a comparison to Guitar Hero. Which is usually followed by "Rock Band is different in several ways, not the least is that they're still producing content."

But you can absolutely help with the first two steps. If nothing else, just tell the band members to check out this forum.
  • CaliphCaliph Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    SheSaidSheSaid;4557721 said:
    There's not really that much to understand.

Band wants in RB.
    Band contacts authoring group. (or vice versa, or through a proxy - you!)
    //song stems, some amount of money change hands/// - AKA the part you don't really need to know the specifics about
    Song is authored.
    Song is tested.
    -some lather, rinse, repeat may be necessary-
    Song is available on Xbox.
    (maybe) Song is available on PS3 some time later.

That's really it, in a nutshell. The bulk of it is about describing the game (making sure to mention RB3 features, particularly if the band has a keyboardist) and why being in the game is good for the band. I usually presume some familiarity with the genre, if not Rock Band itself, and make a comparison to Guitar Hero. Which is usually followed by "Rock Band is different in several ways, not the least is that they're still producing content."

But you can absolutely help with the first two steps. If nothing else, just tell the band members to check out this forum.

Ah thats a pretty crappy deal. I dont get paid to do the legwork and then the song goes to Xbox and might not ever make it to PS3. I don't own nor would I ever buy that shoddy piece of crap called XBOX. Hey I want the song but not bad enough for that one sided arrangement. Sorry for wasting the forums time. I will continue to spend cash on good tunes though.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2011
    Shoddy piece of crap?

Really?

Really??

REALLY?
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited December 2011
    I don't think shooting an email to the band is comparable to mixing stems and authoring guitar, bass, drums, vocals, harmonies, keys, and pro keys for four difficulties each.
  • CaliphCaliph Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    You are correct in it not being comparable. However, there are plenty of businesses in the world that offer compensation for "leads".

The deal-breaker for me though was that the XBOX gets its first and you might, just maybe, see it on PS3.
  • CaliphCaliph Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4558135 said:
    Shoddy piece of crap?

Really?

Really??

REALLY?

Absolutely. First gen Xbox crapped out regularly and those with a library of games were shafted. You can still buy ps2. The 360 failed so much it should have really been considered fraud. After you used that first warranty exchange (and you were going to use it) you had to pay like 100 bucks or so thereafter. I laughed hard at my friends who bought that system and endured that conjob.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2011
    If it makes you feel any better I already contacted their management.

Hopefully our crappy lead console can stay together long enough for us to get the song authored >_>
  • CaliphCaliph Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4558159 said:
    If it makes you feel any better I already contacted their management.

Hopefully our crappy lead console can stay together long enough for us to get the song authored >_>

Excellent. That's kickass man. Serious.

As for your system, there is always the warranty. When the sodder fails just send in another 100bucks and you can get another one. =>
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    If it were still 2005, I would say your complaints about the 360 are justified, but the hardware failure has been much less recently. And my launch 360 lasted 3 years.

Anyways, I hopefully look forward to this band coming to RBN. Really liking them so far.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Without that "shoddy piece of crap", basically, RBN wouldn't even exist.

Also, Halo: Reach and Gears 3. And a vast amount of excellent arcade titles. And those cheap but lovable Indie Games. And....
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited December 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4558229 said:

Also, Halo: Reach and Gears 3. And a vast amount of excellent arcade titles. And those cheap but lovable Indie Games. And....

And I'm switching to it. Because
    Slowny sucks now.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited December 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4558229 said:
    This is absolutely true. Bashing Microsoft (and the Xbox) on the RBN forums isn't a good idea; without the enthusiastic support of Microsoft, the RBN never would have existed.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4558135 said:
    Shoddy piece of crap?

Really?

Really??

REALLY?

To be fair, it was just an opinion.
    edited December 2011
    Caliph;4558029 said:
    Ah thats a pretty crappy deal. I dont get paid to do the legwork and then the song goes to Xbox and might not ever make it to PS3. I don't own nor would I ever buy that shoddy piece of crap called XBOX. Hey I want the song but not bad enough for that one sided arrangement. Sorry for wasting the forums time. I will continue to spend cash on good tunes though.

You see, right there, you just showed you don't give a **** about the band you're trying to support.
    edited December 2011
    FlyGuyLXI;4558816 said:
    You see, right there, you just showed you don't give a **** about the band you're trying to support.

It's "I want to play this song in Rock Band" versus "I want this band to be in Rock Band"
    edited December 2011
    atalkingfish;4558823 said:
    It's "being selfish and having the artist to your own personal desires" versus "being selfless and actually having respect for an artist"

Fixed.
    edited December 2011
    FlyGuyLXI;4558831 said:
    Fixed.

That's actually pretty synonymous with what I said.
    edited December 2011
    Well, yeah, you're both right. Any bands I've ever contacted about RBN (still battin' a thousand, by the way!!) have been because I want to play their songs, and I want people to hear them and become fans, and I want to support the band (surely SOME bands must make money from the RBN). In no particular order.