Rock Band Network Community Spotlight : December 2011

ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
edited December 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Or the thread formally known as the RBN announcement...errr...thread :D

Like most things in life, these announcement threads are a work in progress. Some things are added, some things are dropped. The only constant is change as someone once said.

So with that we're going to adapt a new title and a new structure for our monthly announcement threads.

We're going to be focusing on three different aspects of Rock Band Network.

The past, the present, and the future.

We'll pull some recomendations from the past for awesome songs you should take a look at if you haven't done so in the past. We'll highlight all the songs we released in the previous month for the present to shine the light on some songs you might have missed in all the releases. Finally we'll reveal songs that we BELIEVE should be hitting play testing during the current month of the thread. (As everyone knows things happen that can delay songs hitting play testing, but that's the plan).

So look for the RBN Past, RBN Present, and RBN Future headings to know what part we're focusing on. We're (TAG), are going to do Past in the morning, Present in the early afternoon, and focus on Future in the late afternoon/rest of the evening.

However some authors only have limited time so they might do it all at once, or at intermittent times of the day.

Or they might follow their own thing and do something completely unique. The only 'rules' here are that we're having a community day for Rock Band Network and interacting with the RB community as a whole.

So with that here's our first RBN Past choice :

Soilwork - Stabbing the Drama :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUrLQh0-Kls

I hadn't really listened to Soilwork in the past...odd because I'm such a big In Flames fan. However after listening to this song and playing it in game it's quickly become one of my favorite 'new' songs of 2011. I know some people are turned off by the screaming vocals, but it's balanced out nicely by the clean harmony vocals in the chorus. A song that is fast and slow all at once, and a kick ass tune that you owe it to yourself to check out.

If you like the track you can buy it here :
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Full-Song-Stabbing-the-Drama/00000000-0000-4080-8000-0a9745410914

We've got two more Past picks this morning, and of course later today we've got at least four new to RBN announcements to make and some never before seen game play footage of songs about to hit testing.

So keep your eyes peeled (again that sounds like something painful I wouldn't want to be a part of) for announcements from us and other groups through out the day!

Comments

• atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    If I played double bass pedal, I would add a delay to the bass pedal track that was half the length of the fastest notes, so my speed would automatically double.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2011
    Here's the last of the RBN Past videos from us for the day :

Moving Picture Show - Bridge that will burn
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9BeRv4iSo0
    (this is the only in game vid I can find and it's really old just FYI)
    Yet the third unknown song before RBN from this list. Really REALLY catchy song that just has a habit of worming its way into your head and getting stuck there. Doesn't hurt that it's really fun to play in game.

It can be purchased here :
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Full-Song-A-Bridge-That-Will-Burn/00000000-0000-4080-8000-0b9b45410914

We'll start focusing on our releases for the month of November next!
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited December 2011
    Zemanator;4559351 said:
    you'll have to wait and see.

EDIT: also, later today, we're announcing the song with the absolute fastest double bass run in the game. previously, ziltoidia attaxx!! held the record with 18NPS double bass runs. this song TBA has one run of 22.666 NPS double bass.

just to start the speculations.

I'm thinking it's "The Legend of the Rent Is Way Hardcore" by Here Comes the Kraken.

*Yes, this is a custom chart, and not anything official.*
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    legend of the rent isnt quite as fast
    edited December 2011
    ... ...

This is gonna be hell.

Love it already.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited December 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4559465 said:
    ... ...

This is gonna be hell.

Similar to when you see my face?
    *lol*
  • GigakoopsRBNGigakoopsRBN Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    I would contribute in talking about my past releases, but I haven't released anything yet. But I have a little something to announce later that I know you forum dwellers will love.
    edited December 2011
    Ok here's the first of the look backs at our songs that were released in November.

The Trews : Hold Me in Your Arms :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtU70FNtVvs

Never heard of the Trews before we started working with them, and I have to say this song is awesome. Really kick ass ROCK tune that is just fun as hell to play.

You can pick the song up here :
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Full-Song-Hold-Me-In-Your-Arms/00000000-0000-4080-8000-0c3f45410914

Christian Death - Church of No Return :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr6j7HoUmJQ

This song is from way back in 88! Making it one of the oldest songs on the Network. Christian death is one of the original Goth rock/metal bands from way back in the day. So if you're a fan of the genre check it out!

You can pick up the song here :
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Full-Song-Church-of-No-Return/00000000-0000-4080-8000-0c4945410914

Halcyon Way - Inversion
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VtN-1xg2QU

Halcyon Way continues to impress me as the best metal band I didn't know existed. Nothing but really solid, and fun tracks coming from these guys!

You can pick up the track here :
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Full-Song-Inversion/00000000-0000-4080-8000-0c6945410914

More to come!
    edited December 2011
    As authoring companies, do you guys ever feel like saying "we didn't really like this song, and it was grating on our ears after hearing it the first dozen times, but we get money for it, so we charted it anyway"?

Also, you should post something in the main Rock Band forum like "hey, NA 360 players, this thing is happening for the RBN today all day over on the RBN forum"
    edited December 2011
    atalkingfish;4559496 said:
    As authoring companies, do you guys ever feel like saying "we didn't really like this song, and it was grating on our ears after hearing it the first dozen times, but we get money for it, so we charted it anyway"?

Also, you should post something in the main Rock Band forum like "hey, NA 360 players, this thing is happening for the RBN today all day over on the RBN forum"

I've never authored a song I didn't grow to enjoy. I'm the vocal minority that actually enjoyed "The Big Fight" when I was authoring it.
    edited December 2011
    There's been songs that I didn't hate, but wasn't something I would find myself listening to outside of authoring. However over the time of authoring the song, and testing it I find myself growing to really like it.

That's happened a lot to me.

There's only been one song we've authored that I (I being Noble) just didn't enjoy listening to at all, and haven't played it outside of testing and reviewing.

So out of the 100+ songs we've worked on are working on, I think that's a pretty good average.
    edited December 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4559510 said:
    There's been songs that I didn't hate, but wasn't something I would find myself listening to outside of authoring. However over the time of authoring the song, and testing it I find myself growing to really like it.

That's happened a lot to me.

There's only been one song we've authored that I (I being Noble) just didn't enjoy listening to at all, and haven't played it outside of testing and reviewing.

So out of the 100+ songs we've worked on are working on, I think that's a pretty good average.

It's CPS isn't it! ;_;

But seriously, that says something about music. I've always thought that if you give any song with musical credibility (as in, not complete nonsense) a good enough chance, you can grow to like it. This supports that idea.
  • eyescoveredeyescovered Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    I'm not an author, but I would like to thank them for introducing me to some awesome bands that I would not have checked out if not for RBN -- All That Remains, Dance for the Dying, Free Spirit, A Day to Remember, Shirock and Jukebox the Ghost (just to name a few).

(I know ADtR & ATR may have had tracks in RB beforehand, but I never gave them a chance until they were in RBN)
    edited December 2011
    Nope I grew to really like Cheesy Pop Song :D

I even bought it and played it last night ;)

Rock Band has proved to me time and time again that if you give a song a chance you'll find yourself liking stuff you would never have guessed you would.

So go music and Rock Band!
    edited December 2011
    The RBN introduced me to Jukebox the Ghost (which is now one of my favorite pop bands), Andromeda (great prog band, my friend became obsessed with them), Amberian Dawn (yet another friend of mine likes the operatic value in it), NeonFly (one of my favorites, personally, I even bought their CD), and Timeless Miracle (yet another friend of mine has fallen in love with them).

So any bands that think the RBN won't do them good...
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4559530 said:
    Nope I grew to really like Cheesy Pop Song :D

I even bought it and played it last night ;)

Rock Band has proved to me time and time again that if you give a song a chance you'll find yourself liking stuff you would never have guessed you would.

So go music and Rock Band!

Yeah, I bought it too. It felt weird buying my own song, but watcha gonna do. Either way, it was a fun play.
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    Despite the inevitability that any announcement I might make will just be overshadowed by the awesome Queen announcement, I'll still try to announce something.

Past Askari Nari Releases: Cluster #2 - Electronic
    Mercury Blooming - Ambient
    Reviving a Dead Language - Harsh Electronica
    Genuine Penguin - Upbeat Electronic

Present Askari Nari Releases: A Tadg30 Song - Eastern Influenced Metal

As for future stuff, I'm going to hold off on that, but I've got some interesting things planned, to say the least.
    edited December 2011
    Some artists I got into (but not limited to) via RBN are Rainbowdragoneyes, Holy Grail, The Word Alive, Ashelyn Summers (it's technically through RBN if I'm working with them, right?), Perry Gripp, Five Finger Death Punch, Amberian Dawn, Timeless Miracle, Evile, and iwrestledabearonce.

And there's more, but I won't get into that.

P.S.: Hey, atalkingfish, you do realize hat your CT changed yet again, right?
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    It should be changed again to "Cheesy Custom Title".
    edited December 2011
    More of our RBN Present :

Here's some more of our songs that were released during November.

Vangough - Estrange (2x Bass Pedal) :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynYZjszODF8

For all you prog lovers out there! Vangough has a lot of technical aspects to their music, and the track has some pro keys that will rip your fingers off and laugh at the stubs! This 2x Bass Pedal version looks to attempt murder on your legs as well!

You can purchase the song here :
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/80000c67-0000-4000-8000-000045410914

Atheist - Faux King Christ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ygCvx1YxTU

Atheist is one of the original death metal bands. No stranger to controversy the song caused quite a stir when it was in testing at creators. There were some people that thought we were trying to be sneaky and get a foul language song into the game by changing the title to Faux King (It doesn't take too big of an imagination to know what the two words said out loud sound like). Not realizing that this is the actual title of the song as the band recorded it.

But the song finally passed and it's available for purchase here :
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/80000c6f-0000-4000-8000-000045410914

Here's the double pedal version of the song.

Atheist - Faux King Christ (2x Bass Pedal)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TUcSwpxtZA

You can purchase the song here :
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/80000c75-0000-4000-8000-000045410914

More to come!
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Yea, we did kinda pick a lousy day for this, 'cause.... Queen!

But anyway. For the past, I have to keep making mention of the Daily Recommendations Thread. I've come across songs I had forgotten or didn't even notice in the process of manning that thread, and with 1300+ tracks it's always great to dive into the deeper stuff.

I guess this works for the present. Technically we made this announcement yesterday, but to give it some more coverage I'll put it here. Bright Midnight has been one of those consistent, and persistent, names in the Network so far. They've already put out six songs, and we've been responsible for two of them: "Hotel Saigon" and "White Shoes". But up until this week, their full-length album La Minuit hasn't technically been released. The tracks were up and around, but the album wasn't "out". Earlier this week, though, that changed. The album's been remixed, remastered, polished, and put up on iTunes. And as a bit of a tie-in/celebration/what have you, we've started work on the album's title track! So along with "Don't Eye Me Like a Child" and whatever other older cuts they have going through other teams, you'll eventually see "La Minuit" as well.

Which partially covers the future, but as for other things we're working on... The final(?) VVVVVV track, Potential for Anything, has cleared review. I'm still too paranoid about the keys solo to say it's coming out Thursday, but it's currently scheduled to do just that. We'll also soon have preview videos out for "Haben Haben Haben" by German punks Dampfmaschine and "Soul Candy" by British soul quartet Danny and the Lost Souls. I'm also working on two web projects; one to move the daily recommendations to their own site (which will let me add more features down the road) and I'm planning to recreate what Harmonix has for song requests so you can send your more obscure desires somewhere that the RBN community can all see them.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    To complement Askari Nari's posts, here's some preview videos of his tracks we authored.

Cluster #2 (RB2 Version) (credited to Jacob Chaney)
    Cluster #2
    Mercury Blooming

On our end, we're gonna do a write-up of our past and present songs. We're gonna pick four songs from our past and we'll highlight all of our November releases. Then, if all goes well with a few videos I'm preparing, I may make some announcements about what we have coming soon. If not, or if I have too few of those, I'll highlight the stuff that's in the pipeline right now and coming out soon.

This post will be about our past tracks. I've gone back and picked out two RBN1 and two RBN2 songs from our catalog to highlight. All of these are 80 MSP and available only on the Xbox 360 (though we continue to hope the RBN2 tracks hit PS3 one day).

Shylo Elliott - Bittersweet Melancholy (Note: Remixed version was used for final release)

Shylo Elliott’s first ever composition (though the second one he ever finished) starts off with a steady kick-powered intro that continues where Alpha Strike left off. Unlike Alpha Strike, though, this song isn’t as challenging. Still, it provides a fun time for guitarists and drummers. Guitar is made mostly of repeating chords and lead lines, but features an ending solo with some diverse and moving patterns. Drum patterns are simple but challenging; the chart isn’t insane, but requires a fair amount of stamina and will definitely get you warmed up in no time. This song is one of his most underrated tracks, and yet one of the more enjoyable songs from his album.

Kylie D. Hart - Firehouse Bar

Kylie D. Hart’s first RBN offering is a rowdy, upbeat country track. The song was added to RBN1 near the end of its days to benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, a charity dedicated to wiping out the disease Kylie suffers from. Despite that, she continues to create amazing music and clearly knows how to have a good time doing it. Firehouse Bar features Kylie’s high-energy vocals, a consistently fun guitar chart, and some swinging drums. This is a must-have for Rock Band players who are looking for some active charts to play, some great music to listen to, and a great cause to support while doing it.

Kurodust - Doll in the Dust

Australian band Kurodust is a DIY force of nature. Their entire Containment Failure album, available for free download on their website, was made in a home studio and yet sounds like it was professionally produced. Doll in the Dust is a song about child abuse with a strong message (strong enough to earn a recommendation from HMXLachesis), but it’s no slow ballad. The song features a fun guitar solo in the middle and vocal harmonies throughout. This was our first RBN2 song to release, and one of my favorite releases.

Winter Crescent – Battle of Egos Part I (also available in 2x Bass Pedal)

Greek progressive metal band Winter Crescent has enjoyed great success in their country, and want to spread their music far beyond those borders. The band has always been about their fans and making them happy. They’re also about heavy, technically brilliant progressive metal, and it shows with their first RBN offering, Battle of Egos Part I. Fast and varied on guitar, unpredictable and diverse on bass, powerful and heavy on vocals, and technical as all get-out on drums, the song is a perfect fit for Rock Band. The band wants their music on PS3, so they devised a contest to give away free MSP and free copies of their debut “Battle of Egos” album to Rock Band players with the chops to handle the song on Expert. The contest is still ongoing and free stuff is still available to give out. The band is also committed to release the entirety of “Battle of Egos” on RBN, and are currently hard at work on their second studio album, which is planned to be released on RBN as well! The band has stated a desire to release every song they ever make on the Network, which is good news for progressive metal fans!

I’ll post later with write-ups on our releases from this month.
    edited December 2011
    Here's the last of our RBN Present posts :

Prototype : The Way it Ends
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhuz8Cy2Xhg

If you've played Guitar Hero 3 then you no doubt have memories of this Bonus song coming out of nowhere and tearing your face off. A really killer song that we're happy to have helped get into the Rock Band library!

You can purchase it here :
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Full-Song-The-Way-It-Ends/00000000-0000-4080-8000-0c8945410914

Halcyon Way - Death of a Dream (2x Bass Pedal)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-LyP7joJdE
    The same great Halcyon Way song. Now with 2x more bass kicks. If you like Halcyon way, or just great metal then nothing more needs to be said.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Full-Song-Death-of-a-Dream-2x-Bass-Pedal/00000000-0000-4080-8000-0c8545410914

Halcyon Way : Inversion (2x Bass Pedal)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2zk3Q1eDoY

You know the drill, 2x bass pedal version of the song.
    Here's where you can pick it up if you like what you hear/see :
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Full-Song-Inversion-2x-Bass-Pedal/00000000-0000-4080-8000-0c9345410914

Next post we'll start unveiling new songs and new game play footage!
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    No time like the present, eh? Here's all of our releases since November on both Xbox 360 and PS3:

Xbox 360:

Active Knowledge - The Fractal Reason (released 11/10/11)

The third offering from Boston chiptune artist Active Knowledge and the most challenging so far. The Fractal Reason offers disco-heavy drums, alt-strum heavy bass, a crazy guitar part that alternates between altstrumming and fretting sections, and a long keys solo that gets progressively more difficult the further in you go. It’s one of many songs to come from Active Knowledge, as the album it’s on is coming to RBN in its entirety, but it might be the toughest one to master.

Rainbowdragoneyes - Heavy Weather - The Storm ov The Undead (released 11/10/11) (also available in 2x Bass Pedal)

Literally the most insane song we’ve ever released. If you don’t believe us, look at the difficulty tiers; this is the first RBN2 song to have devil tiers on all possible instruments available on RBN2, and for good reason. While guitar is easier than Creatures ov Deception, it’s no cakewalk, as Derris-Kharlan’s guest solo translates into some really crazy stuff. Bass is absolutely insane, with many different speeds of altstrumming and tricky trills throughout. Keys have insane scales that will require VERY fast fingers, though if you survive those the rest of the chart is more relaxing in comparison. Vocals have some tricky octave jumps and phrases, and a WIDE variety of harmonies, including a few lines from guest vocalist Roniit. Drummers have the most challenge here, as the drum chart is one of the most insane things to hit the Rock Band Network, with unconventional drum patterns and constantly changing rhythms. It’s truly a beast of a song, as you would come to expect from Rainbowdragoneyes, master of chiptune metal.

Askari Nari - A Tadg30 Song (released 12/1/11)

An electronic metal song with an Eastern influence in the keyboards. This is my personal favorite of the Askari Nari tracks. The drums are varied and fast, and the other instruments each have a tough solo! That’s right, this song has a guitar, keys, AND bass solo! While it’s a rather short song, it’s very challenging and fun to play.

PS3:

Paul and Storm - Fuzzy Man (Fuzzy Nation)
    (released 11/22/11 on PS3 and 9/1/11 on Xbox 360)

Our third ever PS3 port and one of our more popular tracks. Paul and Storm deliver an epic rock opera-style song inspired and written for the Fuzzy Nation novel by John Scalzi. The song features two guitar solos, keys and organ throughout, a breakdown with vocal harmonies and hand claps, and the longest vocal tube in all of Rock Band (a third harmony line at the end of the song spanning 39 seconds, beating out Opening Band). Lucky for solo vocalists, that tube is only in Harmony mode, but if you’re playing with friends, we wish the third vocalist the best of luck.
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    So. . .

It's not too early to start talking about new things, is it? Oh well, I'll do it anyways.

First (something present I forgot about): If you're not a big fan of electronic music, then you should check out my acoustic version of A Tadg30 Song. It has cello, bongo, acoustic guitar, and acoustic piano in place of the standard instrumentation.

Note: The rest of the announcement isn't directly related to songs that recently came out or are imminently coming out, but I planned this announcement before the theme of these threads changed.

So, have you ever heard a song and thought about looking how to play it, but couldn't find anything? Or have you ever wanted to add background music to your Youtube video, but were worried about it getting the video taken down due to copyright infringement?

Well, both of these things regularly happen to me, and it can be pretty irritating. That's why I have decided to release the majority of my works* into the public domain. Now, anyone, including you, can use my music, royalty-free, for practically anything you can imagine.

Not only that, but I've gone through the trouble of uploading the REAPER project files to numerous tracks onto a public Mediafire account, that way you can look right into the music, revealing the musical score of the song. This will make learning the songs, creating covers, and remixing the tracks incredibly simple (as long as you have an elementary grasp of how to navigate REAPER). The tracks also have detailed notes, written by the composer himself.

I've tried uploading the stems to the songs too, but I couldn't get it to work for some reason. That should be coming as soon as I find the issue. I might just upload them to Bandcamp and list them as a free release if I can't figure out the MediaFire thing.

Here is the Mediafire Account.

* "Majority of my works" = All original Askari Nari songs, not including the "Satan is a Fallen Angel" album or any mixes or releases of songs from that album. Note that not all tracks have had files uploaded into the Mediafire account, but this does not mean that they aren't included, it just means I didn't get around to it.

Also, I will also eventually be getting a XNA membership and will start uploading even more of my tracks for testing and eventual release. These are the closest to being Creators ready and will probably be released first (in no particular order):

Ave Maria [RB Mix] (& 2x bass pedal version) - Symphonic
    Jesse Collins Nightmare/Gorge [Instrumental] - Symphonic
    **Korn - Acid Jazz
    Audio Mindf*** (& 2x bass pedal version) - Noise
    **Wings - Chiptune
    I Can't Fly (Feat. The Infamous Southern Oregon Cat Symphony) (& 2x bass pedal version) - Drums n Bass
    **Nari: Sonar Echoes Theme - Ambient Symphonic
    **An Ode to [NAME REDACTED] - Rock

** = This is a good song. No, really, check it out at least.
    edited December 2011
    OK here's the first part of our RBN Future!

We announced Strikken a few months ago, and now all are ready to enter play testing. Just bear in mind these are our first 'alpha' builds, so these are not indicitive of what the final released charts will look like.

Strikken : Ashes :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GmNfv_Nts8

Strikken : The Final Act
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQKRluA7OeA

Also for all fans out there of Ghost Brigade, they'll have a second track hitting play testing next week! This song is a lot harder that Into the Blacklight, but as good as Blacklight was this song is that much better.

Here's Ghost Brigade : Clawmaster!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKDe8-XBVJc

Just an FYI that song is using an Autogenerated venue (which will be changed before it hits play testing). Just wanted to let you know that's why the camera is focusing on the lead singer, when the guitarist is actually doing the 'growly vocals'.

More to come!
    edited December 2011
    Does Cheesy Pop Song count as "present" or "future"?
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    atalkingfish;4559861 said:
    Does Cheesy Pop Song count as "present" or "future"?

Limbo
    edited December 2011
    It'll be present in the next thread. It was released on the first so it just missed the November cut off.

So in the January thread it'll be featured in the present/songs released last month section.
  • ASPKevASPKev Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Hey guys, Kevin from Alt-Strum here.

We just wanted to chime in this week to announce some of our favorite songs that have recently hit the store, the tracks of ours that have been released this past month, and what to look for from ASP for the future.

So, starting out are a few favorite tracks of mine that were released recently:

Ra Ra Riot - Boy
    Seriously, these guys are awesome. This track in particular is a favorite of mine, and it's rather mellow, catchy, and plays really well in game. As mainly a plastic guitar player, I find it to be more on the easy side of things difficulty wise, but has you constantly moving over the fretboard at a nice tempo.

Atheist - Faux King Christ
    These guys are legends, at least to me, and I'm ecstatic to see them in Rock Band. Their new album is a favorite of mine, this song being a highlight of the album, and I'm glad to be able to play their stuff in Rock Band. This song is blisteringly difficult on just about every instrument, and is a total blast to play. Metal fans, this is a must have song.

Buckner & Garcia - Ode to a Centipede
    To be honest, I had never knew about these guys prior to them being in the RBN, and since hearing them, I've been in love. This song (and really all of them) are fun to play, and I always find it amusing to play a song about a video game, in a video game. Plus, it's from the 80's, and you can't go wrong with music from the 80's. It's science.

November has been a great month for us, having eight songs released in total. The full list is below, with links to preview videos, song difficulty, and more!

All Shall Perish - Embrace The Curse
    All Shall Perish return to the RBN to bring more tracks off their latest album, This is Where it Ends, this time, with the track Embrace The Curse. You can pick it up, and it's 2x bass counterpart (listed below), today!

All Shall Perish - My Retaliation
    All Shall Perish are here, bringing more metal to the RBN. For those who favor the difficulty these songs provide, with their double bass, blast beats, sweeping guitar solos, and insanely fast alt strummed sections, then this is a must have for you!

All Shall Perish - Embrace The Curse (2x Bass Version)
    Are blast beats your thing? Do you enjoy drumming along some of the hardest songs the RBN has to offer? Well, with this double bass version of Embrace This Curse by All Shall Perish, you can embrace the curse of having a double bass pedal, and play this version today!
    *Note, this is a double bass version of the song, and requires a second bass pedal in order to play.

All Shall Perish - Spineless (2x Bass Version)
    Another amazing track from All Shall Perish. Those who are able to play and keep up with the blisteringly fast double bass are anything but Spineless.
    *Note, this is a double bass version, and requires a second bass pedal in order to play.

The Haunted - Trenches
    The Haunted are making a band familiar with both Rock Band and the RBN, having had a song released through each in the past. Well, they've decided two just wasn't cutting it, so we worked with them and Century Media to bring their track, Trenches, to the game, making it their third song in total.

Thunder and Lightning - Horizon
    There's a saying, you can't have lightning without thunder. Or was it thunder without lightning? I'm no meteorologist, but what I am is a purveyor of awesome music. One of the perks that comes with being a purveyor as awesome as myself, is the ability to control the weather. With this ability, I'm bringing the RBN Thunder and Lightning, stretching as far as the Horizon.

Cancer - Over and Out
    It used to be that outside of astrological signs, cancer was a pretty bad thing. But as of this month, the game has been changed and the rules have been rewritten. Now, as of November, you can buy Cancer's song Over and Out, as DLC through the RBN, and get the chance to play some good 'ol, highly requested, Rock n Roll music. And nothing is better than some good rock and roll music.

Snovonne - It's Sno, Baby - Not Sugar
    This song may not be sugar, but it's about as sweet as it. Not in taste*, but in how sweet the charts are. With Snovonne, you can't go wrong. Pick this track up today!

*Note, this song has only been tasted to work in game, and not to be eaten. Alt-Strum is not responsible for anything that occurs as a side effect of DLC consumption. If side effects occur, you should seek a doctor immediately.

Now, talking about the future, we do have one thing to announce.

Alt-Strum Productions is proud to announce that we're partnering up with Standby Records to bring some of the wonderful acts on their roster to the Rock Band Network.

Stay tuned to future announcements for details on which bands and songs we'll be bringing.