Okay, I rarely do this, but someone please contact this band.

AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
edited December 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I usually try not to make these topics, but I couldn't resist, this band is just too amazing. There's an unsigned group led by a foreign pianist named Iiro Rantala. They consist of a beat boxer, a pianist, and guitarist, and they're all just phenomenal.

Viking 69

Phobia Pohjola

S*** Catapult

I'd try contacting myself, but the leader is foreign and I only speak English, plus I'm not really successful at contacting bands and I'd hate to repel them. I'm 85% sure the beat boxer speaks English. His name is Felix Zenger and he has a website named directly after him. If that doesn't work, the Iiro guy has a website too, but it's in a language I don't know, so unless someone knows what the language is, that might not be really effective.

Comments

• atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    I second this. Just listening to the first song, I can tell this would be fun to play.

Question, though: how do you chart the beatboxing? Drums? I think drums would be more fun than vocals.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited December 2011
    atalkingfish;4560253 said:
    I second this. Just listening to the first song, I can tell this would be fun to play.

Question, though: how do you chart the beatboxing? Drums? I think drums would be more fun than vocals.

That's how it was done on "Bang" by Rockapella. That's how I'd author it, at least, putting beatboxing on drums.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4560263 said:
    That's how it was done on "Bang" by A-Capella. That's how I'd author it, at least, putting beatboxing on drums.

Rockapella. :P
    edited December 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4560280 said:
    Rockapella. :P

I'm tired. Thanks for correcting me.
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    atalkingfish;4560253 said:

I'd say drums at first, but if you listen closely you can hear him doing some weird things that would be interesting to play on drums, even by beatboxing standards. If it was on vocals it would just be talkies with the occasional vocal glissando here and there, and that wouldn't be fun.
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4560263 said:
    That's how it was done on "Bang" by Rockapella. That's how I'd author it, at least, putting beatboxing on drums.
    Yeah, definitely drums. There was also a song in Band Hero where beat boxing was charted on drums.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    They could probably do without the beatboxer in place of an actual drummer, but that was really awesome.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited December 2011
    This band is really crazy. I showed it to my friend and he liked them too.
    edited December 2011
    If I did speak foreign tongues, I would contact ASAP. This is too good an opportunity for uniqueness to pass up. However, since my native language is American (like English, but with more swearing), I cannot proceed.
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4560875 said:
    If I did speak foreign tongues, I would contact ASAP. This is too good an opportunity for uniqueness to pass up. However, since my native language is American (like English, but with more swearing), I cannot proceed.

I'd imagine the most logical way of contacting them would be via the beat boxer. He up'd the last video and apparently speaks English. The guitarist might be another venue (I think this might not be the right word, but oh well), but I know even less about him than the pianist.

Also, I'm not sure if they have any studio recordings. I know a former trio of the pianists' has had numerous albums, but the only studio thing I can find is a cover of Little Wing, which I'm only assuming is a studio recording.