Rock Band stratocaster PSGTS2 won't connect.

Buzzkill_1970Buzzkill_1970 Unsigned
edited September 2013 in Rock Band
I just bought a used wireless Rock Band Stratocaster for PS3, model no. PSGTS2 (woodgrain neck). It came without a dongle, but I didn't think it would be a problem because I already had two similar wireless stratocasters (part no 822151-303, white neck) at home.

In short, the newly bought guitar won't connect to PS3/RB3. I have a hunch that the dongles for these two slightly different RB guitars are NOT interchangeable, but I'm looking for confirmation of such. Can anybody help me out.

The new guitar (the one that doesn't work) has 4 flashing red lights near the PS button (my old guitars don't have these lights at all). Yes, I have tried pressing the sync buttons on both the guitar and the dongle, no go.

Comments

• edited December 2011
    RB1 and RB2 guitar dongles are indeed NOT interchangeable.

It sounds like you are trying to use an RB1 dongle with an RB2 guitar.
  • Buzzkill_1970Buzzkill_1970 Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    Doc_SoCal;4561285 said:
    RB1 and RB2 guitar dongles are indeed NOT interchangeable.

It sounds like you are trying to use an RB1 dongle with an RB2 guitar.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply.

Next question... anyone out there have a RB2 stratocaster dongle that they can part with. I've priced them on eBay, but they're cost prohibitive for a $8 guitar.

Next question... how can I tell the two (RB, RB2) dongles apart, I assume they look similar.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited December 2011
    Can't sell stuff on the forums, because Harmonix is held responsible for anything that goes wrong.
  • edited December 2011
    Buzzkill_1970;4561297 said:
    Hey, thanks for the quick reply.

Next question... anyone out there have a RB2 stratocaster dongle that they can part with. I've priced them on eBay, but they're cost prohibitive for a $8 guitar.

Next question... how can I tell the two (RB, RB2) dongles apart, I assume they look similar.
    Yeah, people know what the dongles ae worth so they charge dang near the price of a brand new RB3 guitar thusly you are better of just buying one.

It used to be that RB1 guitar dongles were black and RB2 were grey but I have seen black RB2 dongles too. FWIW Beatles guitar dongles are compatable with RB2 guitars.
  • TealjbodyTealjbody Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Beatles guitars and RB3 Guitars are also interchangeable.
  • ConstructorConstructor Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    Mod Edit: Conducting any kind of business/trading is not allowed on the forums.
  • JanaBananaJanaBanana Unsigned
    edited September 2013
    What BS! If they are not meant to work together. The logo should say RockBand 2 vs Rockband 1... What a waste...
  • JanaBananaJanaBanana Unsigned
    edited September 2013
    What is the Model # for the dongle that actually! works with guitar PSGTS2???
  • edited September 2013
    JanaBanana;5034583 said:
    What BS! If they are not meant to work together. The logo should say RockBand 2 vs Rockband 1... What a waste...
    Since they were NEVER sold separately that was never really needed. Guitars come with the dongle they work with, the problem is when people split them up and this was never intended.
    JanaBanana;5034584 said:
    What is the Model # for the dongle that actually! works with guitar PSGTS2???
    RB2 Dongle or Beatles Dongle, its EASY to tell the difference, they have a couple USB ports built in, regardless of color. RB1 Dongles have NO extra USB ports.

Next time feel free to post a new thread in the peer to peer help forum as opposed to digging up a long dead thread.

HTH
  • Folk rock followers around the world are celebrating the arrival of their favorite musical genius from the 70's into the digital arena. Shep Cooke has just released the digital versions of his first two solo music albums. www.ShepCooke.com The two albums, entitled 'Shep Cooke' and 'Concert Tour of Mars', are now available at Amazon.com, iTunes, and all other popular online music shops. The CDs of these two albums can also be purchased from Shep Cooke's official website www.ShepCooke.com . This website has recently been revamped with the addition of several music videos, photographs, and information covering the four decade long musical career of Shep Cooke.