RBN songs showing up on xboxlive before ingame store update

SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
edited December 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I've noticed that xboxlive has been showing trial and full version RBN songs before the usual Thursday in game store updates. Most of us know that RBNreleases.com has been doing this since the beginning of the RBN and buying songs on this website is risky as they could be pulled. My complaint is that a few of these songs are being pulled(not to target any specific authoring groups and start a flame war) and this is after they are visible as new add on content on xbox live. Isnt it kinda sloppy how some of these buggy songs are appearing on xbox live for people to buy as if they are finished songs?

Comments

• Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    It's an infrastructure problem. Pulling the song once it's been passed involves a step on the creators site which authors can do but they also have to contact HMX and Microsoft to make sure they take the song down on their end.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Songs are showing up the same way they always have, you now just have the ability to see them on the dashboard and xbox.com, without rbnreleases, so the general public can buy the broken songs too.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    I just see more people getting angry about pulled songs now that they can be purchased on the dashboard before the ingame store updates occur.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    SideshowN;4562294 said:
    I just see more people getting angry about pulled songs now that they can be purchased on the dashboard before the ingame store updates occur.

Well there's nothing anything anyone but Microsoft can do to prevent them from showing up.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    Catch-22;4562297 said:
    Well there's nothing anything anyone but Microsoft can do to prevent them from showing up.
    Very true. Microsoft allowed the links to show up on the dashboard recently so apparently pulled songs doesnt bother them. Unless enough people complain to them about it.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    They are still making money from pulled songs, so why would they change it?
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2011
    Yeah N9 from us has popped up even though we deleted it, and asked HMX to have MS purge it from the system.

So I guess MS doesn't give a poo?
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited December 2011
    SideshowN;4562282 said:
    My complaint is that a few of these songs are being pulled(not to target any specific authoring groups and start a flame war) and this is after they are visible as new add on content on xbox live. Isnt it kinda sloppy how some of these buggy songs are appearing on xbox live for people to buy as if they are finished songs?
    Six of one, half a dozen of the other. People were upset when RBN 2.0 songs weren't visible on the dashboard and on Xbox.com.

Thanks to hard work at Microsoft, songs are now visible. But this is the catch to having them visible: there's no way to have Microsoft's servers query us to find out if the song is "really really approved" versus "approved". So when an RBN song passes peer review, it hits the servers 72 hours later, and we have to ask Microsoft to pull the song down if it shouldn't have passed.