Official Discussion Thread: DLC Week of 12/13 - Rush, Black Veil Brides & Volbeat

edited December 2011 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4561664 said:
Hey gang,

Three tracks from Canadian rockers Rush are set to hit the Rock Band Music Store on December 13th!

“Fly By Night,” from 1975’s album of the same name kicks off the pack, followed by a live cut of Rush’s “The Spirit of the Radio,” one of The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s “500 Songs That Shaped Rock and Roll.” The pack is rounded out by “Caravan,” which was released as a single earlier this year. These three tracks are just the tip of the iceberg for Rush fans; we’ll have even more exciting Rush/Rock Band news before the year’s out, so stay tuned!

“A Warrior’s Call” by Danish rockers Volbeat and Black Veil Brides’ “Rebel Love Song” will also be available. These tracks will cost $0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, and €0.79 EU. Black Veil Brides will release its latest EP, Rebels, exclusively on iTunes on December 13th. The band also has the honor of being December’s Rock Band Network Artist of the Month, with three additional tracks – “Children Surrender,” “Perfect Weapon,” and “Heaven’s Calling” – available for download.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii™ and PlayStation®3 system (December 13th, 2011):

• Rush – “Fly by Night” X
• Rush – “Caravan” O
• Rush – “The Spirit of Radio (Live)” X O
• Black Veil Brides – “Rebel Love Song”
• Volbeat – “A Warrior’s Call”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system December 14th)

The Rush tracks will be available as “Rush Pack 01,” with all songs available for purchase individually on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii™. Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:
$5.49 USD, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for the “Rush Pack 01” pack.
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song for the Rush tracks “Fly by Night,” “Caravan,” and “The Spirit of the Radio (Live)”
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song for the Rush tracks “Fly by Night,” “Caravan,” and “The Spirit of the Radio (Live)”
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for Black Veil Brides’ “Rebel Love Song” and Volbeat’s “A Warrior’s Call”
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
hmxhenry;4563143 said:
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 12/8/2011

Alternative

A Call To Remain - "Last Hope" (80 MSP)
Kill the Alarm - "No More Excuses" (80 MSP)
Wrong Side of Dawn - "The Grinder's Tale" (80 MSP)

Metal

Deadlock - "Martyr to Science" (160 MSP)
Fallen Angel - "March Into Hell / Blood on My Soul" (160 MSP)
Fallen Angel - "Respiration Desperation / The Neutral Zone" (160 MSP)
Francisco Meza - "Rage and Pain" (80 MSP)
Nevermore - "The Obsidian Conspiracy" (160 MSP)
Nevermore - "The Obsidian Conspiracy (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Nevermore - "Without Morals (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Prototype - "The Way It Ends (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Will Haven - "Mida's Secret" (160 MSP)

Novelty

A Talking Fish - "Cheesy Pop Song" (80 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic

Christina Marie Magenta - "Cold" (160 MSP)

Prog

The Fenton Project - "If We Only Saw Sepia" (80 MSP)

Punk

Ultra Saturday - "Little Sister" (80 MSP)

Rock

Aiden - "Hysteria" (160 MSP)
Nod 206 - "Ocaso Escarlata" (160 MSP)
The Bitter Roots - "Victim" (160 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 12/13/2011 (North America) and Wednesday, 12/14/2011 (Europe)

August Burns Red – “Internal Cannon” ($1.99) – Metal
Dance Gavin Dance – “Heat Seeking Ghost of Sex” ($1.99) – Metal
Alien Ant Farm – “Movies” ($1.99) – Rock
A Day to Remember – “If It Means a Lot to You” ($1.99) – Rock
A Day to Remember – "2nd Sucks” ($1.99) – Rock

Discuss!

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Yay, Rush!

As for the hint explanations this week:

Hint cycle one was pretty straightforward, these are all RBN artists of the month (in consecutive order, if I didn't mess that up) authored by The Authority. The artist of the month this month is Black Veil Brides, who are also authored by The Authority. Also, 'Rush, BUT not 2112 was a code (barely) hidden in the first clue.

Hint cycle two consists of pairs of songs that refer to the three song titles of the Rush pack. BohemianMatt nailed this, even if he went a bit too far in guessing it were six songs. Let's see if you can figure out yourself which pairs fit which songs.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    What's a Volbeat?
  • bandaddybandaddy Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    Oh boy, that means 2112 is still coming.

Awesome week, though
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited December 2011
    That's not 2112. Excited for Rush. I hate that Volbeat song, and Black Veil Brides should stay in RBN.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited December 2011
    Just what I needed: A week full of songs I cannot afford.

Would get Rush and Black Veil Brides, but I'll have to listen to the other one.

Though the 80 Point price tag for two of the songs is amazing.
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited December 2011
    Way cool, more Rush, always happy. Thanks once again HMX!
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Spirit of the radio! Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    So it really was "Rush, but not 2112." Anyhow, this is pretty cool! But I wonder what the deal is with 2112 now....the mystery will continue.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Volbeat is the best surprise ever! Even if it is one of my least favorite songs. And only 80 points!

And BVB and Rush! Amazing week.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited December 2011
    Hmm...wonder if something's wrong with the Permanent Waves masters, since "The Spirit Of Radio" is a live cut here and in GH5, not that there's anything wrong with live Rush recordings.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what the other Rush and RB news is... :D
  • EpidehlEpidehl Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Definitely picking up the Rush pack, also greatly look forward to the "more exciting Rush/Rock Band news before the year’s out"!
  • CharlieSheenCharlieSheen Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    TheDescent;4564884 said:
    What's a Volbeat?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Volbeat
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited December 2011
    TheDescent;4564884 said:
    What's a Volbeat?
    A Pokemon, of course!
    Congrats to Rush fans :3
  • RingoHallidayRingoHalliday Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Will be getting Rush... Bummed it's not 2112... but sounds like that still could be coming so I'm hopeful. And I didn't expect we'ld get pro-upgrade on Rush... so MAJOR excitment over having not one but two of them....

The two singles I'm not familiar with so will have to listen first then we'll see.
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited December 2011
    Really glad for Rush, but looks like it shows that Permanent Wave master tracks are unusable :(

What year/concert is the live track from?
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    I'd much prefer the studio version of the Spirit of Radio. Why was the live version chosen, and if so is it the same one which is on Guitar Hero 5?

Just this song for me this week.
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    I'll probably pick up Fly By Night, but that'll be it. Don't know why, but I've never really cared for Spirit of Radio. I'll also give the other 3 songs another listen, but odds are I'll pass.

The upcoming Rush news should be interesting.
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    "The Spirit of the Radio."

HMXHenry, hang your head in shame!!
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited December 2011
    Guys guys look what it says on the blog!!
    "these three tracks are just the tip of the iceberg for rush fans; we’ll have even more exciting rush/rock band news before the year’s out, so stay tuned!"
  • edited December 2011
    Alvarado6411;4564897 said:
    What year/concert is the live track from?

We asked that question as well. The audio team is still looking it up.

I have to admit that out of the three tracks in this pack, Caravan is probably my favorite, because it sounds similar to Snakes and Arrows and I really like that album.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Glad I didn't impulse buy 2112 in preparation for its release. Don't worry Rush fans... I'll get it whenever we do get 2112. :)

Gotta check out the tracks on RBA. Rush is one of those groups where I don't like most of the songs, but if I like it, I LOVE it. Pretty excited to check out more of their stuff.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuush :DDDDDDDDD
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    BVB was NOT expected as official DLC, especially not so soon after their RBN releases, but nevertheless, AWESOME!
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    CharlieSheen;4564894 said:

MOTHER OF GOD...
    I'm sorry, I got stuck with the first 251 pokemons.

This week's pretty good anyway. Spirit of the Radio was cool on GH, and the other rush songs are gonna be a blast to play. I'm always in for more Rush.

the Volbeat's song is like Nickelback but without Kroeger's good voice. It's a pass for me.

BVB... oh, well... I didn't bought their songs already on RBN yet, I guess i'll just wait more for this one. I'm sure that this will be fun to play.
  • tomahawk_72tomahawk_72 Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    I know that an X after a song means Pro Upgrade available. But what does an O mean?
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    Any word on whether the live version of The Spirit of Radio will be from the new Time Machine 2011: Live In Cleveland CD/DVD? (The only other one I was thinking of is the same one that's in Guitar Hero 5)

Stoked for the Rush pack nevertheless!!!
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited December 2011
    tomahawk_72;4564907 said:
    I know that an X after a song means Pro Upgrade available. But what does an O mean?

The "O" means there's keys on that track.
  • EdwardooEdwardoo Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    I don´t know what to say, but just, wow,
    I LOVE YOU HARMONIX!!!!!! THANK YOU!!! YOU MAKE MY WISH COME TRUE! another RUSH SONGS WITH KEYS! HARMONIIIIIIIIIX! YOU ****ING RULEZ!
    I Hope you will get a price for this! OH MY GOD! FLY BY NIGHT, SPIRIT OF A RADIO, CARAVAN
    Wow, Queen Pack was Gigantic Awesomeness, but this! THIS IS EVEN BIGGER PACK!
    Really, Game Developers, make Harmonix one of the best developers of 2011, just for this DLC Packs!
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited December 2011
    I am really bad at getting those hints :p

so for next week, if anyone sees my attempts, anything i predict will be wrong.
  • MPPMikeMPPMike Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    I love the Rush songs! Well I love 2 of them, but I'm sure I'll like the new one too. I enjoyed the new songs they played when I saw them in concert earlier this year. Not sure if "Caravan" was one of them. I don't know the other 2 songs, but will check them out after work.

I'm still annoyed with no Black Keys, but can't complain when I get more Rush...