Official Discussion Thread: DLC Week of 12/13 - Rush, Black Veil Brides & Volbeat

Comments

• CrueHead871CrueHead871 Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    Freakin Sweet!!!!!!!!! Love the Rush picks, hadn't heard either of the other 2 bands before i just youtubed them......And I'm hooked on both already! Black Veil Brides look like a band of Nikki Sixxes, which is cool in my book. Can't wait for Tuesday!!!! Thanks HMX!!!!
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited December 2011
    Skode;4564941 said:
    Ugh

That is not a bad thing.

Also, hope Spirit of Radio is the version on GH5. I didn't like the vocals on the recent live album.
  • edited December 2011
    Skode;4564941 said:
    Ugh

Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be some more bland radio rock for you get excited about soon enough. ;)
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Der_Lex;4564945 said:
    Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be some more bland radio rock for you get excited about soon enough. ;)

Heck, we just got NICKELBACK POKEMON
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited December 2011
    Der_Lex;4564945 said:

Dont raise my hopes - theyve already been crushed enough with this announcement
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited December 2011
    Der_Lex;4564945 said:
    No, I want my screamy growly noise metal.
    edited December 2011
    I bet the news is that at the end of December they'll announce 2112 for March or something.
  • TheDyllmeisterTheDyllmeister Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    just last week i was wondering when we would get more Rush..

wish granted.

So how about we bring back The Who? :D
  • NOT_TravisNOT_Travis Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    I'd never heard "Caravan" until now. It sounds awesome. Whether I get "The Spirit Of Radio" depends on how the live track sounds. I DO NOT want this to devolve into live vs. studio but live tracks either sound amazing (see "Do You Feel Like We Do" and "Band On The Run") or awful ("Breakdown"). So how it sounds to my ears will be pivotal. But the Pro upgrade counters strongly...

The other two Rush songs are almost a guaranteed purchase. Just to punish myself with more Peart awesomeness.

Not too familiar with Volbeat but I have heard some of their stuff and I like it. We'll see on that one, too. I have to listen to the BVB song.

The best part of all, however, is this:
    hmxhenry;4563150 said:
    These three tracks are just the tip of the iceberg for Rush fans; we’ll have even more exciting Rush/Rock Band news before the year’s out, so stay tuned!
    W00t!!11!
  • edited December 2011
    Skode;4564948 said:
    Dont raise my hopes - theyve already been crushed enough with this announcement

Poor baby. A whole week of DLC that's not to your tastes. However will you survive? ;)
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    TheDescent;4564946 said:
    Heck, we just got NICKELBACK POKEMON
    You cannot compare them to Nickelback. Really, it's just the lyrics of this one song. Their other stuff is nothing like Nickelback.
  • Pitch-BlackPitch-Black Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Congrats to all you Rush fans! But yet another week of DLC by artists I have a tremendous amount of respect for but don't actually like (I love Rush's music, but can't tolerate Geddy Lee's voice). Last week Queen, this week Rush; so I'm guessing next week will be The Grateful Dead, because all of them are fantastic artists/songwriters I have the uttmost respect for but, for various reasons, just can't actually enjoy. At any rate, it seems pretty obvious Rush will be getting a 2112 full album release here soon.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Der_Lex;4564954 said:
    Poor baby. A whole week of DLC that's not to your tastes. However will you survive? ;)

:)

I love the cyclical nature of the stuff. I go from 2 months of virtually not buying anything but RBN tracks to Queen last week and Rush this week - 2 of my favorite bands of all time, back to back.

I've learned over the years patience wins out.

Part of the reason I love the RBN too - If the normal DLC is a skip week for me, I can almost always find a song or two in RBN that I like. :)
  • frisbeestevefrisbeesteve Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    EPIC VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The two singles sound at least decent, will probably give them a try... but Rush? SEE ABOVE! :) :) :)

THANK YOU HMX!!!

Oh yeah, P.S. I'm already overcome with an overwhelming sense of joy that more Rush is coming... can hardly wait to get 2112 or pretty much ANYTHING else by the best band IN THE WORLD... EVER!!!
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited December 2011
    Der_Lex;4564954 said:

Ah but its not just this week.. HMX Henry is announcing at least ANOTHER week i wont like in the near future. Im blaming you for all this prog on Rock Band... now play fair and get some KT Tunstall DLC and ill forgive you.
  • edited December 2011
    This is amazing! Just last week in the Queen discussion thread I mentioned that Spirit of the Radio is the last song I need to have everything I would want from Rock Revolution and HMX had it waiting for the next week. Looks like I have a new coaster. OF SALESMEN!!!!!!!

Also I thought we were done getting 80 point songs from HMX. I think the last time we got them was those awesome Little Fish tracks.
    edited December 2011
    A lot of prog since Rock Band 3. I like it.
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like the GH5 version in the preview.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    Remember when HMX announced Ten and Texas Flood in December 2008 and released them the following March? Ah, those were good times...
    edited December 2011
    Skode;4564961 said:
    Ah but its not just this week.. HMX Henry is announcing at least ANOTHER week i wont like in the near future. Im blaming you for all this prog on Rock Band... now play fair and get some KT Tunstall DLC and ill forgive you.

No, I want more Cannibal Corpse! Because that's totally keys friendly, right?

*I am spoofing "I want a certain genre to go away so I can have my genre" posts.*
  • edited December 2011
    Skode;4564961 said:

I wouldn't mind that, to be honest. Nor any of the other bands in your sig other than the Chav Wannabeatles. ;)
    edited December 2011
    I just saw those two songs are a dollar. I might get the Black Veil Brides song.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited December 2011
    Der_Lex;4564968 said:
    I wouldn't mind that, to be honest. Nor any of the other bands in your sig other than the Chav Wannabeatles. ;)

Heh - your just jealous Noel is the greatest song writer of his generation where as Rush rely on the inane ramblings of a drummer of get by.
  • Rhystic_1Rhystic_1 Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for more rush!
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    Typical that when there is an epic DLC week.. my Xbox has to be sent in for repairs
    edited December 2011
    Skode;4564970 said:
    Heh - your just jealous Noel is the greatest song writer of his generation where as Rush rely on the inane ramblings of a drummer of get by.

Now I'm offended.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited December 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4564973 said:
    Now I'm offended.

Dont be - just having a laugh with Der Lex
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited December 2011
    None for me. One for my list (Black Veil Brides).
  • edited December 2011
    Skode;4564974 said:
    Dont be - just having a laugh with Der Lex

Exactly. Nobody can make a statement about a Gallagher like that with a straight face. The only talented Gallagher is the guy who smashed melons.