RBN DLC Discussion: 12/8/2011 (Xbox), 12/13/2011 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited December 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 12/8/2011

Alternative

* A Call To Remain - "Last Hope" (80 MSP)
* Kill the Alarm - "No More Excuses" (80 MSP)
* Wrong Side of Dawn - "The Grinder's Tale" (80 MSP)

Metal

* Deadlock - "Martyr to Science" (160 MSP)
* Fallen Angel - "March Into Hell / Blood on My Soul" (160 MSP)
* Fallen Angel - "Respiration Desperation / The Neutral Zone" (160 MSP)
* Francisco Meza - "Rage and Pain" (80 MSP)
* Nevermore - "The Obsidian Conspiracy" (160 MSP)
* Nevermore - "The Obsidian Conspiracy (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
* Nevermore - "Without Morals (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
* Prototype - "The Way It Ends (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
* Will Haven - "Mida's Secret" (160 MSP)

Novelty

* A Talking Fish - "Cheesy Pop Song" (80 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic

* Christina Marie Magenta - "Cold" (160 MSP)
* Magnus 'SoulEye' P

Comments

  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    this is one of those weeks that reminds me why i bother checking out the songs on youtube, even if i don't like/know/recognize the bands. i would've assumed that Dance for the Dying song was just more crappy metal, but it is most definitely not metal. i'll be picking that song up next week.
  • FinalAeonFinalAeon Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Selkies is awesome but we knew it was coming. Pass on the rest. Hopefully the next week, there'll be some good songs...
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    show me what you got, courage, and selkies in the same PS3 week o.O.......

    show me what you got barely nudges out courage for my favorite there.

    on the 360 side... MARTYR TO SCIENCE! is easily one of my favorite songs of the past 5 years.

    awesome mentions to hysteria, obsidian conspiracy, little sister, and rage and pain.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    This week was going to be average, until last night.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited December 2011
    Grabbing
    * Kill the Alarm - "No More Excuses" (80 MSP)
    * Wrong Side of Dawn - "The Grinder's Tale" (80 MSP)
    * Francisco Meza - "Rage and Pain" (80 MSP)
    * Magnus 'SoulEye' P
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    Ultra Saturday! \o/

    Also, great to see Dance for the Dying doing well enough to get ported to PS3. :)
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited December 2011
    Oscarvarium;4564187 said:
    Ultra Saturday! \o/

    Also, great to see Dance for the Dying doing well enough to get ported to PS3. :)
    I was thinking the same thing! And since my switch to xbox (3 days ago) I still have yet to get the other Ultra Saturday tracks that i loved SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much on PS3. :(
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited December 2011
    There was a mistake on the PS3 RBN songs in this week's announcement. The songs originally announced are scheduled for 12/20 (America) and 12/21 (Europe).

    The announcement above has been updated to reflect the correct set of songs coming out on 12/13 (America) and 12/14 (Europe). The Blog post will be updated shortly.

    Mea culpa; awfully sorry for the confusion. I hope you're excited about these songs too.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    HMXLachesis;4564211 said:
    There was a mistake on the PS3 RBN songs in this week's announcement. The songs originally announced are scheduled for 12/20 (America) and 12/21 (Europe).

    The announcement above has been updated to reflect the correct set of songs coming out on 12/13 (America) and 12/14 (Europe). The Blog post will be updated shortly.

    Mea culpa; awfully sorry for the confusion. I hope you're excited about these songs too.

    * A Day to Remember – “If It Means a Lot to You” ($1.99) – Rock
    * A Day to Remember – “If It Means a Lot to You” ($0.99) – Rock

    Typo?
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited December 2011
    Already got the A Talking Fish song. Gonna get Obsidian Conspiracy, too.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited December 2011
    Catch-22;4564214 said:
    * A Day to Remember – “If It Means a Lot to You” ($1.99) – Rock
    * A Day to Remember – “If It Means a Lot to You” ($0.99) – Rock

    Typo?

    * A Day to Remember – “If It Means a Lot to You” ($1.99) – Rock
    * A Day to Remember – "2nd Sucks” ($1.99) – Rock
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    HMXLachesis;4564211 said:
    There was a mistake on the PS3 RBN songs in this week's announcement. The songs originally announced are scheduled for 12/20 (America) and 12/21 (Europe).

    The announcement above has been updated to reflect the correct set of songs coming out on 12/13 (America) and 12/14 (Europe). The Blog post will be updated shortly.

    Mea culpa; awfully sorry for the confusion. I hope you're excited about these songs too.

    NO. I'M NOT EXCITED. NOT EXCITED ESPECIALLY FOR AUGUSTUS BURNS RED (awesome salsa metal), NOT EXCITED FOR AAF'S MOVIES AND ESPECIALLY NOT EXCITED FOR DANCE GAVIN DANCE.

    Good to know in advance that SELKIES IS COMING ANYWAY. :)
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    Please tell ABR that having only one song by them into RB is like having just the left shoe.

    ABRABRABRABRABRABRABRABRABRABRABRABRABRABRABRABRABRABRABRABRABRABR

    ..Marianas Trench? never heard of that. >_>

    Also gg for the other ports, awesome week fo'PS3 coredudes.
  • edited December 2011
    Boo, no Selkies. Oh well, it's only a week away.

    Sorry Lachesis, but the new bunch of PS3 songs doesn't tickle my fancy.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Der_Lex;4564342 said:
    Boo, no Selkies. Oh well, it's only a week away.

    Sorry Lachesis, but the new bunch of PS3 songs doesn't tickle my fancy.

    Seriously, you don't like August Burns Red? Me and LunaticSoul came with a particular definition for them... they're "The Poor Little Brother of BTBAM".
  • edited December 2011
    TheDescent;4564358 said:
    Seriously, you don't like August Burns Red? Me and LunaticSoul came with a particular definition for them... they're "The Poor Little Brother of BTBAM".

    Nope. Two reasons:

    - BTBAM is as close to metalcore as I can stand. ABR crosses that line for me.

    - Unless it's a song from a band I really love (like Cynic), no keys = no purchase.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Der_Lex;4564365 said:
    Nope. Two reasons:

    - BTBAM is as close to metalcore as I can stand. ABR crosses that line for me.

    - Unless it's a song from a band I really love (like Cynic), no keys = no purchase.

    Ok. :(

    You'd be happy to know anyway (big off topic) that Animals As Leaders are coming to holland next year (and they'll most probably skip Italy, from what I can see).

    Do you like Tosin or it's too much metalcore for your ears? :)
  • RycheMaidenPS3RycheMaidenPS3 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone know which Free Spirit song was announced originally?
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    RycheMaidenPS3;4564389 said:
    Does anyone know which Free Spirit song was announced originally?
    "Cry of an Eagle".
  • RycheMaidenPS3RycheMaidenPS3 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    DragoonXD;4564400 said:
    "Cry of an Eagle".

    Cool, thanks. I'll look forward to that the week after next, then. That's a great song!
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited December 2011
    DragoonXD;4564400 said:
    "Cry of an Eagle".

    thought that said "Fly like an Eagle" at first.. i was like.. a cover?
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Well, this is kinda bad. These five don't excite me, and I'll be gone on the holidays before the 20th, meaning I won't be playing those awesome songs until January. Bummer.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited December 2011
    Tykki-Teme;4564734 said:
    Well, this is kinda bad. These five don't excite me, and I'll be gone on the holidays before the 20th, meaning I won't be playing those awesome songs until January. Bummer.

    Don't we just love Giftmas?
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Well, out of these tracks, I'm only getting If It Means A Lot To You. Oh well, waiting for that next week.
  • RycheMaidenPS3RycheMaidenPS3 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Dangimarocker;4564724 said:
    thought that said "Fly like an Eagle" at first.. i was like.. a cover?

    Hahahaha, Free Spirit covering Steve Miller would be the worst thing since hearing Puff Daddy butchering the music from "Every Breath You Take".
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited December 2011
    RycheMaidenPS3;4565317 said:
    Hahahaha, Free Spirit covering Steve Miller would be the worst thing since hearing Puff Daddy butchering the music from "Every Breath You Take".

    Umm it might work if they do their "own version".. otherwise if they try to keep it original. NO.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited December 2011
    RycheMaidenPS3;4565317 said:
    Hahahaha, Free Spirit covering Steve Miller would be the worst thing since hearing Puff Daddy butchering the music from "Every Breath You Take".

    No, I still think that Limp Bizkit doing "Behind Blue Eyes" was the worst cover ever.
  • BuLLet_87BuLLet_87 Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4565562 said:
    No, I still think that Limp Bizkit doing "Behind Blue Eyes" was the worst cover ever.

    I don't think so. It's one of the best cover ever. ;-)
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Seeing this stuff makes me wish I had an Xbox. Cheesy Pop Song would be epic to play on Rock Band.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited December 2011
    Mileycyrussoulja;4565670 said:
    Seeing this stuff makes me wish I had an Xbox. Cheesy Pop Song would be epic to play on Rock Band.

    You really should. It's a really fun song on guitar.
Sign In or Register to comment.