Question About RBN

armuribearmuribe Unsigned
edited December 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Hello there im new in this site and i have a question to ask you.
Im mexican, and i love the rock band games and stuff but i cant get the RBN stuff because it is just for US people.
So my question is. Which is the difference between RBN DLC and RB DLC?
RBN its cheaper or its free? Or is just that you can get a lot more DLC?
If its free, im considering to moving to US to get more DLC . (really)

Well thats all i hope someone can answer my question ;)

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited December 2011
    RB DLC was licensed and authored by Harmonix. RBN DLC was licensed and authored by charting groups made up of fans.

RBN has more $1 tracks, but no song is free on the RBN. RBN songs have free trials(first minute or 30% of the song, whichever is shorter).

If you want RBN material, don't move to the US, just make a Gamertag(assuming Xbox, if you're on Wii/PS3, you don't have all the RBN songs) that's got a US address(Google a hotel or something).
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited December 2011
    Rock Band Network can either be as expensive, less expensive, or in very rare cases, more expensive.

The difference is that while official DLC is made and licensed by Harmonix, RBN DLC is created and licensed by XNA users (XNA is a program made by Microsoft for independent game creation). The artists can either release it themselves, or hire a group of people (an "authoring company") to do so for either a share of the earnings or for a low cost.

You don't even have to move. Just make a new account with a US address and you should be set. Way less expensive.
  • armuribearmuribe Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4566461 said:
    Rock Band Network can either be as expensive, less expensive, or in very rare cases, more expensive.

The difference is that while official DLC is made and licensed by Harmonix, RBN DLC is created and licensed by XNA users (XNA is a program made by Microsoft for independent game creation). The artists can either release it themselves, or hire a group of people (an "authoring company") to do so for either a share of the earnings or for a low cost.

You don't even have to move. Just make a new account with a US address and you should be set. Way less expensive.

Well thanks to both for anwering my question (: . Yeah i actually thought in make a GT with an US address, but im scared about getting problems with the law and that stuff. :(
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2011
    People do it all the time over in Australia to get RBN songs since it's not available there.

It's kind of like a don't ask don't tell kind of thing :D
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited December 2011
    armuribe;4566477 said:
    but im scared about getting problems with the law and that stuff. :(
    ...Uh, no. Governments have more important things to address than Xbox Gamertags.