RBN DLC Discussion: 12/15/2011 (Xbox), 12/20/2011 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited December 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 12/15/2011

Indie Rock

Ni

Comments

• edited December 2011
    I have no money for RBN songs this week but i'm sure i'll come back and check out Silent House, Ni
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    lethean tears is hands down my favorite song this week. nothing else even came close, but V is for vampire gets a shout from me, but mostly just because its PM5K..

underneath the cenotaph is ridiculous on drums though.

on the PS3 side, every song EXCEPT cry of an eagle is amazing.
  • grace_pressuregrace_pressure Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Getting tons of stuff, but been waiting for The Epic for quite a while. Oh yes.
  • FinalAeonFinalAeon Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Selkies this week and nothing else on PS3. Hoping to get some more requests filled (except for TWIE, which I know is coming) in the following weeks.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited December 2011
    I'm just wondering why the songs that uploaded yesterday aren't even on this site yet. It always makes me uneasy when that happens.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    All five PS3 songs for me. One of the best weeks in a while.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Pretty awesome week, Powerman 5000 & Ziltoid are great metal tracks without growly bs, Kari Kimmel is awesome power pop with really sweet sounding keys, and the highlight of the week are the Jerry Naylor R'n'R tracks.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    What a great selection of releases. Might pickup 5-6 this week on the 360! :)
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2011
    Lot of good stuff this week!

I don't know if V is for Vampire or Lethean Tears is my favorite...but that just sounds biased since we worked on them I know.

But still love these two songs.

Getting a LOT from this week.

My wallet is crying tears of green >_>
  • CroqCroq Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    I'll definitely be getting the Jerry Naylor tracks. Gave them a listen/watch on Youtube last night, and they look like a lot of fun.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Ended up buying 6 RBN tracks this week, 2 were Jerry Naylor. This has to be my biggest RBN purchase day! Liked all I purchased, but did not complete "The Epic V-WTF" on Expert pro-drums. Still had a good time trying, think I managed about 60-70% before failing out :)
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited December 2011
    I got:
    Gigakoops - "Death In General"
    Solution .45 - "Lethean Tears" (My favorite of the week)
    Jerry Naylor - "All I Want Is You"
    Jerry Naylor - "Real Wild Child"
    Jerry Naylor - "Tear It Up"

New to xbox so trying to catch up still.
    But good week for me.

EDIT: OH and the Jerry Naylor songs are REALLY fun!
  • metalfenixmetalfenix Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    I want Lethean tears for PS3....it's my fav song from Solution .45
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Bankai - "The Epic, Part 3.7 (RBN Remix)"

This song is just absolutely fantastic.

I like the small hints of dubstep.
  • MegaIronDragonDethMegaIronDragonDeth Post Ratio > 3 a Day
    edited December 2011
    I got Gigakoops, Solution .45, Watain, didn't ATF's song come out this week? If so I also got that.

Man that Watain song has such fast strumming on guitar. I think it's as fast or even faster than the fast strumming in the end of My Last Words by Megadeth.
    edited December 2011
    MegaIronDragonDeth;4570227 said:
    I got Gigakoops, Solution .45, Watain, didn't ATF's song come out this week? If so I also got that.

ATF's song came out last week.
  • MegaIronDragonDethMegaIronDragonDeth Post Ratio > 3 a Day
    edited December 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4570229 said:
    ATF's song came out last week.

Ooh, sometimes I lose track of time and can't remember which week everything was released.
    edited December 2011
    Oh no, i forgot one!
    I also got:
    Halcyon Way - "Icon of Resolution"

Which i'll add that the bass is just so awesome.
  • machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Dangimarocker;4570247 said:
    Oh no, i forgot one!
    I also got:
    Halcyon Way - "Icon of Resolution"

Which i'll add that the bass is just so awesome.

As a TAG author, I had nothing to do with any Halcyon Way songs except for the bass part to Icon of Resolution. Boy did I pick the right one to author. =P
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2011
    I'm also really enjoying Go. For a bubblegum pop song it's pretty fun (doesn't hurt that I have a four year old daughter who really likes to bounce around the room to the song).
  • PheranPheran Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Zemanator;4568997 said:
    lethean tears is hands down my favorite song this week. nothing else even came close, but V is for vampire gets a shout from me, but mostly just because its PM5K..
    I just stumbled on this song and it is awesome! More Solution .45 please! What is it with the Finnish/Nordic bands kicking butt? First Free Spirit and now Solution .45.
    edited December 2011
    Croq;4569958 said:
    I'll definitely be getting the Jerry Naylor tracks. Gave them a listen/watch on Youtube last night, and they look like a lot of fun.

These tracks look pretty interesting, but I was surprised to see Real Wild Child. I thought covers weren't allowed in RBN?
    edited December 2011
    Pheran;4570540 said:
    More Solution .45 please!

Ugh, I might have to retract this request. I just sampled two more Solution .45 songs (Gravitational Lensing and Clandestinity Now) and was dismayed to find that both of them have horrible growly vocals. What happened to the fantastic vocals from Lethean Tears?? :(
  • machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Pheran;4570550 said:
    Ugh, I might have to retract this request. I just sampled two more Solution .45 songs (Gravitational Lensing and Clandestinity Now) and was dismayed to find that both of them have horrible growly vocals. What happened to the fantastic vocals from Lethean Tears?? :(
    The band is a melodic death metal band (to an extent). They use multiple vocal styles. Lethean Tears is one of their less heavy songs, so it uses less "heavy" vocals. I think they do a pretty good job with their growly vocals. Also, Gravitational Lensing is the other song we're bringing to the RBN.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Pheran;4570542 said:
    These tracks look pretty interesting, but I was surprised to see Real Wild Child. I thought covers weren't allowed in RBN?

I brought that up and was told there's a special case regarding these songs and the rights ownership, which Offbeat and Harmonix apparently cleared up to a satisfactory level before the songs even hit playtest. I guess it's similar to how we got away with the Alan Watts sample, they got enough evidence of rights being cleared for Harmonix to say "alright, we won't block it yet".
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited December 2011
    If I had more than 40 MSP, I'd buy the Halcyon Way track.
    edited December 2011
    Pheran;4570550 said:

Yeah Lethean is the only thing I'll buy from them as well.
  • DumahimDumahim Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    Glad PM5K finally hit PSN and V for Vampire is up for 360, although I'm not really looking forward to that one. I hope Do Your Thing, Super Villain, and Time Bomb show up soon.
    edited December 2011
    machetemonkey;4570569 said:
    I think they do a pretty good job with their growly vocals.

Sorry, in my book all growly vocals are horrible. :)

Well, I'll keep any eye out for any more non-growly Solution .45 anyway. Now if we could just get some Angra.
    edited December 2011
    Pheran;4571033 said:
    Sorry, in my book all growly vocals are horrible. :)

It's a selective taste. If you like them, you really like them. If you don't you usually loath them. But for people who enjoy those kind of vocals, they do a good job at them. But of coarse, if you don't like them, then it won't matter.

So I don't necessarily blame you for not liking the other songs. But at least the instrumentation's good, right?