Check out the Rock Band Dashboard app on Facebook!

edited October 2013 in Announcements
Hey gang,

We've just kicked off the beta for the Rock Band Dashboard, and app on our official Facebook page! Check it out here: http://apps.facebook.com/rockbanddashboard/

The RB Dashboard is a cool way for you to explore the RB library (like a more accessible version of our Songs page) and let us know which bands you want to see in the game! We've been pointing people to RockBand.com/request for song suggestions, but the RB Dashboard offers a few different wishlists that are visible to everyone in the community, so you can see in real time which bands are the most requested.

So head on over there, get registered and tell us which bands are in your DLC wishlist!

EDIT FROM HMXcj: We just released an update to the app that includes a new stat called Skill Level. Check out the details and give us your feedback in this thread: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228226

NEW EDIT FROM HMXcj (4/3/12): We just released a new update to the app! Now you can compare your Rock Band 3 scores and skills to your Facebook friends and people you look up by Console ID. You can compare DLC libraries to see who you should play with. We'll even suggest new friends for you based on your similarities in DLC! (Note: This feature is still gathering data. You may not see suggested friends for the next 24 hours.) Let us know what you think!

Comments

• RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited December 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4570474 said:
    No, nor did anyone say it would.

I think it's implied that it would since HMX is asking the people what they want to see. To me, it reads like "Tell us what you would like to see, and we'll do our best to make it happen". This isn't any different than the message on the request page after you make a submission that says: "Thanks. Keep an eye out, and you might just see your request in the game" (paraphrased).
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited December 2011
    RockBandRocker;4570477 said:
    I think it's implied
    No, it's not. Saying there might be overlap between what you want and what Harmonix releases is painfully obvious, considering there's probably six digits of people requesting music. Unless you don't think at least one person is gonna get one song they wanted?
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited December 2011
    Somehow, GNF, I think we're saying sort of the same thing, but in different ways to the point that it sounds like we have opposing views.
  • nausicaa83nausicaa83 Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    Great idea, I did my wishlist, shared it and all, but now what? Do I get more points next week?
  • BrutalBrianBrutalBrian Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    LOL at the spots of Led Zep and Muse and Avenged Sevenfold is also on the list. I'm also glad to see Nightwish in the top 10. Also noticed Weird Al wasn't a selectable artist.

Anyway, my list is as follows:
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited December 2011
    RockBandRocker;4570473 said:
    Is this really going to make an impact on what HMX goes out and licenses for DLC?
    Probably at least as much as the old request form on the site.
  • WarrnWarrn Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    Aside from ten points not being nearly enough (I'd rather make a top ten bands list, in order from one to ten, and have them scored like 10 points for #1, 1 for #10, and so on), I'd like to see more of the most requested bands. Like at least a top 20. The top ten is obvious and some of the bands are known to be uninterested, so it's not a very interesting list to look at.
  • D1MatmanD1Matman Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    thjimmy;4570040 said:
    I like the app.

Al Yankovic / Weird Al Yankovic is "not found in the database" and doesn't come up as a suggested artist.
    Weird Al was one of the first artists I searched for too, but yep no dice. *sniff*
  • mmetznermmetzner Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    It's a great idea, but I'm not so keen on the points allocation thing, I'd prefer, like another poster suggested, to enter 10 bands and then rank them 1-10, with #1 = 10 points and #10 = 1 point, I think the way it is now is going to weight the results in favour of the more narrow-minded music fans, for instance those that believe music history started with the release of A7X's debut album and will have ploughed all 10 points into them.

Still though, it's good to have as a reference, next step has to be letting us see furhter down than the top 10.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    I got excited, then I saw Facebook. Oh well, I am sure it's good for some.
    edited December 2011
    Radiohead replaced The Stones?
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4572882 said:
    Radiohead replaced The Stones?

Thats kind of odd to me, I mean a 90's alternative band beating out a 60's Rock Legend. I personally can't stand Radiohead and I love the Rolling Stones.
    edited December 2011
    RockBandand24Fanatic;4572888 said:
    Thats kind of odd to me, I mean a 90's alternative band beating out a 60's Rock Legend.
    Why is that odd when Muse has been sitting at the top the entire time?
    edited December 2011
    I'd say because for some reason alot of people in this forum have this weird overobsession with Muse, like they were the first band to have created music and are leaps and bounds above anyone else. I honestly can't wait until the day that they get some more songs in Rock Band, its become a curse on these forums, and I want that curse to be lifted for atleast a couple of months.
    edited December 2011
    RockBandand24Fanatic;4572904 said:
    I'd say because for some reason alot of people in this forum have this weird overobsession with Muse, like they were the first band to have created music and are leaps and bounds above anyone else. I honestly can't wait until the day that they get some more songs in Rock Band, its become a curse on these forums, and I want that curse to be lifted for atleast a couple of months.
    So why can't I replace the word 'Muse' with 'Radiohead' in that paragraph?
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited December 2011
    Radiohead has the most plays on last.fm behind Beatles.
    edited December 2011
    I've seen some people begging for some more Radiohead, but not on any Muse-type levels. Those levels are reserved it seems for Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin. Its like the trifecta of bands most wanted for Rock band currently.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    You know what's necessary for this kind of stuff? A "share" option for everything. Not only for your own top choices but also for artists, and songs. It would be great to promote stuff to your friends.
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    I like it!

But I'd like to see where the band(s) I chose reside on the overall list, as opposed to just the top 10 picks.

Genesis: +10
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    5 points to Cake
    4 to Elton John
    1 to Muse.

I really want Cake.
  • m_estockm_estock Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    Great idea! I'm finding that I can't add an artist to my wishlist. Clicking the 'add to my wishlist' link underneath the artist name does nothing for me.
    edited December 2011
    m_estock;4573532 said:
    Great idea! I'm finding that I can't add an artist to my wishlist. Clicking the 'add to my wishlist' link underneath the artist name does nothing for me.
    Have you already spread out your 10 points?
  • m_estockm_estock Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4573550 said:
    Have you already spread out your 10 points?
    How would I do that if I can't add any artists...
    edited December 2011
    m_estock;4573621 said:
    Oh, ANY? You said 'an' the first time, sounded more specific.
  • Ace4eVerAce4eVer Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    This is a great idea. There's a hardcore RB community out here... Use us! Having us update this dashboard with songs/artists is great and should reach out to those who may be interested or may have lost interest. I love that the bands on your list become clickable with songs available. Although the Muse link is like a cruel joke for a lot of people now I'm sure.

I think having requested songs and more than just a top 10 requested artist list would help too. Frankly, I don't see any real room for movement in the top 10 and for whatever reason it seems like quite a few of those bands may not be joining the game any time soon.

I think having a "Bands similar too..." like they have in some music streaming programs would be useful too and help people discover new music. It shouldn't be 3 clicks in either. Having it right at the band page would be great and not limiting it to decade would also be great.

One last thing, to drive use of this app, is there a way to add some type of sweepstakes/reward component to it? I was thinking maybe if an artist on your wishlist is announced, you get thrown into a random drawing for that artists' DLC. It would be like double excitement. I'm sure theres a number of reasons why this won't work due to platform and giveaway rules though...
  • zerofanzerofan Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Great if they actually listen to the requests.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited December 2011
    This is cool, though it would be nice to be able to keep bands on your wishlist even if you don't assign them points.

Why isn't there a "share this app" button somewhere?
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited December 2011
    m_estock;4573621 said:

Search for the artists, once you do, they should show up at the bottom to "add to wishlist".

A way to simply type them in and add them would be better, but it's still pretty cool.

Edit: I see you can't actually add them. What browser are you using? Try another.
    edited December 2011
    zerofan;4574598 said:
    Great if they actually listen to the requests.
    There's a helluva lotta roadblocks between wanting some music and acquiring it.
  • HMXchristineHMXchristine Harmonix Developer
    edited December 2011
    m_estock;4573532 said:
    Hey there. Can you send me a PM with the following info? It'll help our dev team research the problem.
    1. Your real name that you use on Facebook.
    2. What browser you were using.
    3. What band you were trying to add.
    4. Did you have Javascript turned off or disabled?