Check out the Rock Band Dashboard app on Facebook!

Comments

• jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited December 2011
    with an avatar like that i was expecting that message to start with: Good news everybody!
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    HMXFed;4578814 said:
    "Weird Al" Yankovic is no longer missing from the Suggested Artists list. Sorry about the mixup!

Never seen this HMX developer before, but the avatar is hilarious.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited December 2011
    jibjqrkl;4578862 said:
    with an avatar like that i was expecting that message to start with: Good news everybody!
    A mod needs to fix this.
  • TheRainbowTroutsTheRainbowTrouts Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    The ability to create a list of your library in the future would be welcome, with the option of comparing it with other Facebook users. Also printing off a list of what songs you have for parties.

I know unofficial options exist already, but an official option would be better.

Also... I just dumped 10 points on The Stokes :D
  • thjimmythjimmy Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    HMXFed;4578814 said:
    Good news, everyone! "Weird Al" Yankovic is no longer missing from the Suggested Artists list. Sorry about the mixup!

3 points for Al and you are my Post of the Day. Thanks!
  • DVVAVEDVVAVE Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Umm... Why can't I add Emerson Lake and Palmer to my wishlist? Oddly, only Emerson Lake and Powell shows up.

You need a wishlist for bands you would like to see added to the list of bands you can add to your Wishlist.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited January 2012
    Looks good, but I'm starting to avoid facebook. :\
  • HMXFedHMXFed Harmonix Developer
    edited January 2012
    Good news, everyone! The community wishlist now shows the top 100 artists, not just the top ten. You should see links to navigate to the next and previous pages.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited January 2012
    Dave Matthews Band are #16?
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    HMXFed;4587859 said:
    Good news, everyone! The community wishlist now shows the top 100 artists, not just the top ten. You should see links to navigate to the next and previous pages.

You are slowly becoming my favorite HMX Developer.
  • m_estockm_estock Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    dog037;4587926 said:
    Dave Matthews Band are #16?

You seem surprised? Contrary to what you may think, DMB has a huge fan base. Listen to some of their recent live stuff... I've been saying for years that some live DMB tracks would be a hell of a lot of fun in RB.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited January 2012
    Red Hot Chili Peppers are 58 and 62.

Also, Green Day is 55. Damn.

And Coldplay is 70 and 71.
  • m_estockm_estock Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    HMXcj;4576264 said:
    Hey there. Can you send me a PM with the following info? It'll help our dev team research the problem.
    1. Your real name that you use on Facebook.
    2. What browser you were using.
    3. What band you were trying to add.
    4. Did you have Javascript turned off or disabled?

Just thought I'd let you know that I got the app to work just fine using Internet explorer instead of firefox.
  • edited January 2012
    Wow, BNL is 24. Come everyone lets get them to #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WarrnWarrn Unsigned
    edited January 2012
    The Smashing Pumpkins are 45th but their name is not a link to their songs in the game. Probably because the game credits them as Smashing Pumpkins and the list has The before their name.

Also, I still think this should be a top ten bands wishlist instead of a point based thing. I'd love to put ten points on Less Than Jake, but then my wishlist wouldn't even be a list. If I could put them at #1 of 10 and points were based on wishlist position I'd be much happier with how this works. Also, people who slap ten points on one band could put in their second through tenth choices. It'd be a win/win.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited January 2012
    Green Day should be disqualified, since they not only got their own dedicated game, but all the tracks exported into RB2 and RB3. They weren't locked into their own universe like The Beatles.

Speaking of The Beatles, they should have some sort of special asterisk next to them or something because they have their own RB game. They just aren't part of the "platform".
  • HMXFedHMXFed Harmonix Developer
    edited January 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4588059 said:
    Red Hot Chili Peppers are 58 and 62.

Also, Green Day is 55. Damn.

And Coldplay is 70 and 71.

The problem causing those bands to show up twice is fixed. Thanks for reporting it.
    edited January 2012
    HMXFed;4589280 said:
    The problem causing those bands to show up twice is fixed. Thanks for reporting it.

*cough*

edit: sryy ill stop doing that now :p
    edited January 2012
    RockBandRocker;4589148 said:
    Green Day should be disqualified, since they not only got their own dedicated game, but all the tracks exported into RB2 and RB3. They weren't locked into their own universe like The Beatles.
    No. Why should they be disqualified? This is what the fans are asking for. It doesn't come with any conditions.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited January 2012
    RockBandRocker;4589148 said:

Speaking of The Beatles, they should have some sort of special asterisk next to them or something because they have their own RB game. They just aren't part of the "platform".
    The only bands that need be disqualified are bands that actually have their discography already in RB (Amberian Dawn?), and even then, it lets you know folks want more.

Just let it be what it is, a fan constructed list on a mass media social networking website.

I do like the idea of a top 10 list with #1 being weighted 10, #2 weighted 9, etc...
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited January 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4589727 said:
    Why should they be disqualified? This is what the fans are asking for. It doesn't come with any conditions.

The fans who use Facebook are asking for something that already exists. Green Day already has a huge amount of songs in Rock Band 3 with a grand total of 50.

I would guess the reason Green Day is on the list is that:

1) The people using Facebook don't know about the game
    2) They don't know that the game exports
    3) They don't like any of those 50 songs

I'm guessing it's a case of 1 and 2.
    edited January 2012
    RockBandRocker;4590010 said:
    The fans who use Facebook are asking for something that already exists.
    No, they aren't. I could name Green Day songs I would still like, so if they were high enough up in my priorities, I would request them.

Here's what I think you're doing.

1. Acting like your idea of 'enough' equates to everybody else who plays the games
    2. See 1

Again, there are no conditions. People are asking for MORE Green Day. There's no way to say there's 'more' in a present state. That doesn't make any sense.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited January 2012
    I'd like to see more Queen even though we already have 27 unique songs, and more Beatles even though there's 73 songs. There's people out there who want more Foo Fighters. If you're a big enough fan, there's no such thing as too much.
    edited January 2012
    SirDavidTLynch;4590073 said:
    I'd like to see more Queen even though we already have 27 unique songs, and more Beatles even though there's 73 songs. There's people out there who want more Foo Fighters. If you're a big enough fan, there's no such thing as too much.
    Hell, The Beatles, Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Rush, Megadeth, and Foo Fighters all appear on the Top 100.
    edited January 2012
  • SuperTigerMarioSuperTigerMario I'm not a hipster!
    edited January 2012
    I'm glad to see Rush so high on the list even with recent events. Also I love that Toto is so high on the list. Why is Muse so requested? I guess I hear it alot but I guess I just don't get it.

Edit: How did Slipknot make the greatest DLC ever list. I mean c'mon.
    edited January 2012
    SuperTigerMario;4590625 said:
    Why is Muse so requested? I guess I hear it alot but I guess I just don't get it.
    Because other people like things you don't.
    Edit: How did Slipknot make the greatest DLC ever list. I mean c'mon.
    Because other people like things you don't.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    Any clue as to how many different things are out there? I ask because, as an experiment, I put The Roots on my wish list. It came up at #352. Now, we're talking about an (a) hip-hop band (never something really pushed for in Rock Band), with (b) limited radio hits, and (c) a sound that is very much NOT like much of the genre (The Roots are a full band that sample themselves for their albums). So... #352 actually seemed HIGH to me. is it?
  • MrHartgraveMrHartgrave Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    I was just playing around with the new Rock Band Dashboard on Facebook and check this out...

Artist (rank)

The Cure (45)
    The Smiths (60)
    Nine Inch Nails (80)
    Marilyn Manson (152)
    Misfits (293)
    Danzig (412)
    Morrissey (504)
    Bauhaus (504)
    Pulp (571)
    Suede (648)

Roots at #352, from the list above it seems to make sense, I'm actually a little surprised and happy to see the Misfits ahead of them. I would really like to see a list of the top 100, can we make that happen? :)
    edited January 2012
    jeronemitchell;4591050 said:
    Any clue as to how many different things are out there? I ask because, as an experiment, I put The Roots on my wish list. It came up at #352. Now, we're talking about an (a) hip-hop band (never something really pushed for in Rock Band), with (b) limited radio hits, and (c) a sound that is very much NOT like much of the genre (The Roots are a full band that sample themselves for their albums). So... #352 actually seemed HIGH to me. is it?
    You forget they're the house band for Late Night.

Edit: 1452 is the lowest rank I've found so far, using a band that's actually kinda almost notable.