Check out the Rock Band Dashboard app on Facebook!

edited October 2013 in Announcements
Hey gang,

We've just kicked off the beta for the Rock Band Dashboard, and app on our official Facebook page! Check it out here: http://apps.facebook.com/rockbanddashboard/

The RB Dashboard is a cool way for you to explore the RB library (like a more accessible version of our Songs page) and let us know which bands you want to see in the game! We've been pointing people to RockBand.com/request for song suggestions, but the RB Dashboard offers a few different wishlists that are visible to everyone in the community, so you can see in real time which bands are the most requested.

So head on over there, get registered and tell us which bands are in your DLC wishlist!

EDIT FROM HMXcj: We just released an update to the app that includes a new stat called Skill Level. Check out the details and give us your feedback in this thread: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228226

NEW EDIT FROM HMXcj (4/3/12): We just released a new update to the app! Now you can compare your Rock Band 3 scores and skills to your Facebook friends and people you look up by Console ID. You can compare DLC libraries to see who you should play with. We'll even suggest new friends for you based on your similarities in DLC! (Note: This feature is still gathering data. You may not see suggested friends for the next 24 hours.) Let us know what you think!

Comments

• Dogmatic2020Dogmatic2020 Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    I can already guess what the fans want.

U2
    Led Zeppelin
    Metallica
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Pink Floyd

Basically, stuff people having been screaming about for 5 years.
  • hodayathinkhodayathink Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Dogmatic2020;4569893 said:
    I can already guess what the fans want.

U2
    Led Zeppelin
    Metallica
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Pink Floyd

Basically, stuff people having been screaming about for 5 years.

You forgot Muse.

Top 10, as of right now:

Muse
    Metallica
    Tool
    Led Zeppelin
    U2
    Pink Floyd
    Avenged Sevenfold
    The Rolling Stones
    Nightwish
    Screaming Females

Edit: And this is an awesome idea. It'll be fun to see how the requests change over time.
  • KemirochKemiroch Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    I like this. Or at least, I will as long as the Stones are on the top 10 somewhere :)

Also, who the heck are Screaming Females? That one came out of left field for me, never of heard of em. Yet they're consistently high on the list. Hmm....
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited December 2011
    The top 10 looks about right. Nightwish will probably fall off.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited December 2011
    hodayathink;4569923 said:

Muse
    Metallica
    Tool
    Led Zeppelin
    U2
    Pink Floyd
    Avenged Sevenfold
    The Rolling Stones
    Nightwish
    Screaming Females.

For me it's Guns and Roses at #10, and Screaming Females is nowhere.
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Hey Henry. Can you have FB do a version with the iOS platform. iOS probably has the second or third highest FB use after desktop and mobile versions. I almost never use FB on a desktop.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Brilliant idea. Great to see what is requested.
  • Pitch-BlackPitch-Black Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    What a friggin' great idea! I gotta add that Nightwish is MY most wanted DLC of all time, but for some reason I was pleasantly shocked to see them in the top ten.
  • KemirochKemiroch Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    So after some thought I have changed my opinion on this. I fear that it will become clogged with forbidden artists like Muse, Led Zep, and Floyd, and not give artists that are actually available a chance to appear on the list.

Of course, the flip side of this is what if these artists being so consistently on the list somehow serve to change their minds about being on Rock Band? Quite honestly I don't see that happening. Random people on Facebook somehow bringing Axl and Slash together again? Not likely.

Also, Question: How does the voting work long-term? Do we get more points every week or month? Or are my ten votes going to be my only votes ever? That is going to skew the results a bit since I imagine most people won't vote for more than their absolute most wanted band with all ten.
  • thjimmythjimmy Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    I like the app.

Al Yankovic / Weird Al Yankovic is "not found in the database" and doesn't come up as a suggested artist.

How do we add bands that aren't found to our wishlist?
  • edited December 2011
    thjimmy;4570040 said:
    I like the app.

Al Yankovic / Weird Al Yankovic is "not found in the database" and doesn't come up as a suggested artist.

How do we add bands that aren't found to our wishlist?

The bands are pulled from an online database that contains like a gillion bands. I'm surprised that Weird Al isn't included. I'll hit up Web and see if we can contact them to add artists or if that's something we'd have to wait for an update on.

Thanks to everyone for checking it out while we're in Beta! It's super helpful and it seems like people are really enjoying it. Keep it up!
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited December 2011
    Kemiroch;4570025 said:
    So after some thought I have changed my opinion on this. I fear that it will become clogged with forbidden artists like Muse, Led Zep, and Floyd, and not give artists that are actually available a chance to appear on the list.
    This would be understandable if it was a list of 'most likely artists to appear', but it isn't. Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd aren't currently possible to work with, but why does that mean we should discount them entirely? That seems more unfair than your 'clogged with unobtainable artists' problems.
  • tati81tati81 Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Great idea! Already vote my personal list!
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Basically put in the bands in my sig with one vote each, most of them I feel are obtainable artists, and would be fantastic on Rock Band.
  • skyp1eskyp1e Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    I put in ELP, Gentle Giant and Frank Zappa with 5 votes on ELP.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited December 2011
    I've done a wishlist of artists I want, but didn't share on Facebook. A lot of my friends would never look at me the same way again when they would look at my list.
  • PyramidHead128PyramidHead128 Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Muse - 3
    Spacehog - 1
    The Tea Party - 1
    Guano Apes - 1
    The Pretty Things - 1
    Uriah Heep - 1
    Queens Of The Stone Age - 1
    Them Crooked Vultures - 1

I want more points. :p
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited December 2011
    3 points each for Muse and Static X, 2 for KT Tunstall and one for Megadeth and Skindred. Cool app... shame it will still mean no Muse on RB, they are already the highest in demand band on it.

Truthfully three points for Muse IS likely a complete waste but after HMXHenry said they barely feature in the top requested bands anymore i realised just how many of us Muse fans gave up on ever seeing them in the game and that is WHY they never rank highly anymore - this has renewed my faith in the RB faithful.

Still the top 10 is somewhat predictable regardless.
  • doodley11doodley11 Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    I like the app. It would be nice if you could add artists with 0 points to keep track of future possibilities. It would also be great if you could choose your favorite song(s) for the artists you have chosen. Maybe 3 song points per artist point. That way you could tell if there is a particular song that is wanted from an artist versus a larger track pack or album
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited December 2011
    Is this really going to make an impact on what HMX goes out and licenses for DLC?

For example, if 3+ years of forum members saying "We want more Muse DLC" has gone unanswered, is the band's presence in a top 10 list from a Facebook app all of a sudden going to make whoever is in charge of licensing at HMX stand up and say "We really should add more Muse to the game"?

I mean, this is cool and all because we can now see what the 'community' (Facebook using Rock Band players) is actually requesting. Yet, as others have said, this list filled with impossibilities, and being honest here, I don't see this list changing very much over time.
    edited December 2011
    RockBandRocker;4570473 said:
    Is this really going to make an impact on what HMX goes out and licenses for DLC?
    No, nor did anyone say it would.
    edited December 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4570474 said:
    No, nor did anyone say it would.

I think it's implied that it would since HMX is asking the people what they want to see. To me, it reads like "Tell us what you would like to see, and we'll do our best to make it happen". This isn't any different than the message on the request page after you make a submission that says: "Thanks. Keep an eye out, and you might just see your request in the game" (paraphrased).
    edited December 2011
    RockBandRocker;4570477 said:
    I think it's implied
    No, it's not. Saying there might be overlap between what you want and what Harmonix releases is painfully obvious, considering there's probably six digits of people requesting music. Unless you don't think at least one person is gonna get one song they wanted?
    edited December 2011
    Somehow, GNF, I think we're saying sort of the same thing, but in different ways to the point that it sounds like we have opposing views.
  • nausicaa83nausicaa83 Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    Great idea, I did my wishlist, shared it and all, but now what? Do I get more points next week?
  • BrutalBrianBrutalBrian Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    LOL at the spots of Led Zep and Muse and Avenged Sevenfold is also on the list. I'm also glad to see Nightwish in the top 10. Also noticed Weird Al wasn't a selectable artist.

Anyway, my list is as follows:
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited December 2011
    RockBandRocker;4570473 said:
    Probably at least as much as the old request form on the site.
  • WarrnWarrn Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    Aside from ten points not being nearly enough (I'd rather make a top ten bands list, in order from one to ten, and have them scored like 10 points for #1, 1 for #10, and so on), I'd like to see more of the most requested bands. Like at least a top 20. The top ten is obvious and some of the bands are known to be uninterested, so it's not a very interesting list to look at.
  • D1MatmanD1Matman Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    thjimmy;4570040 said:
    I like the app.

Weird Al was one of the first artists I searched for too, but yep no dice. *sniff*
  • mmetznermmetzner Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    It's a great idea, but I'm not so keen on the points allocation thing, I'd prefer, like another poster suggested, to enter 10 bands and then rank them 1-10, with #1 = 10 points and #10 = 1 point, I think the way it is now is going to weight the results in favour of the more narrow-minded music fans, for instance those that believe music history started with the release of A7X's debut album and will have ploughed all 10 points into them.

Still though, it's good to have as a reference, next step has to be letting us see furhter down than the top 10.