RBN songs now support the Stage Kit fog machine??

BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
edited December 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Last night I played 'V for Vampire' and switched on the fog machine to warm up, since I wanted to flush it through with new fluid. To my surprise it started working during the song.

I could have sworn that it was mentioned that HMX did not allow the fog machine to be used in RBN songs, so did something change?

I do not normally have the fog machine on when playing RBN tracks, since I normally have it on only for the kids with the DLC music they like.

Comments

• FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Blasteroids;4570415 said:
    Last night I played 'V for Vampire' and switched on the fog machine to warm up, since I wanted to flush it through with new fluid. To my surprise it started working during the song.

I could have sworn that it was mentioned that HMX did not allow the fog machine to be used in RBN songs, so did something change?

I do not normally have the fog machine on when playing RBN tracks, since I normally have it on only for the kids with the DLC music they like.

We can't cue the fog machine directly. But it may be the case that the RB3 venue system does send fog machine cues alongside other venue and animation cues we can use, resulting in RBN songs using the fog machine.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    I think it is nice that it does, but if you are not controlling it directly then surely this opens up the possibility of accidental misuse?

Perhaps RB3 has something built in to prevent an overload of fog commands for RBN tracks. Hopefully someone from HMX will be able to clarify on this.

Thanks for taking the time to reply :)
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2011
    It must be something to do with the lights triggering the fog(maybe strobe?) as I know there are no fog commands in ANYTHING RBN related :)

So if anyone does spam the fog machine it is entirely accidental I can assure you.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Tried out a couple of RBN1.0 tracks today and they also trigger the fog machine. What I would guess at is that the RB3 engine does it automatically at set intervals, so it is not from a lighting cue and does not spam fog non-stop.

I still cannot believe I found this out after all this time! But then again, it will not change anything for me as I only put the fog machine on when the kids want the full affect and then it is with songs they know. Still it is nice to know about :)