RBN DLC Discussion: Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 12/22/2011

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited January 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 12/22/2011

Alternative

Drugstore Fanatics - "Bullet" (80 MSP)

Hip-Hop/Rap

LEL Brothas - "Hatas (Rock Band Mix)" (160 MSP)

Metal

Deception of a Ghost - "These Voices" (160 MSP)
Devin Townsend - "N9 (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Fallen Angel - "Darkness" (160 MSP)
Morbid Angel - "Nevermore" (160 MSP)
Morbid Angel - "Nevermore (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Texas in July - "Hook, Line, and Sinner (RB3 version)" (160 MSP)

New Wave

Those Among Us - The Final Hour (80 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic

Christina Marie Magenta - "Red Crayon" (160 MSP)
FantomenK - "The Massacre (Rock Band Mix)" (80 MSP)

Rock

Jonathan Coulton ft. Sara Quin - "Still Alive" (160 MSP)

No PS3 release scheduled for Tuesday, 12/27/2011

Due to the holidays, there will be no PS3 release on 12/27/2011. However, there will be a 10-song release on 1/3/2012 to incorporate both content that would have been released on 12/27 and the regular release on 1/3. Stay tuned!

Comments

• PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Drugstore Fanatics's "Bullet" is a steal for 80msp, highly recommended.
  • RycheMaidenPS3RycheMaidenPS3 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Hi Lachesis, are you going to announce what we are going to get that day (1/3/12) on PS3?
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Ok, listened to the rock remix of Still Alive, and it's pretty awesome, but, why? We already have the original version (which is free), and the original has a much more fun drum chart IMO. I understand that this has keys and harmonies and the original doesn't, but still.

All I'm hoping is that this leads up to I Want You Gone.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited December 2011
    RycheMaidenPS3;4574945 said:
    Hi Lachesis, are you going to announce what we are going to get that day (1/3/12) on PS3?

That announcement is coming on Thursday, 12/29 (so it'll be one week ahead, just like normal.)
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited December 2011
    Won 160MSP from #RBNXmas, snagged Hangman and Bullet.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited December 2011
    Good choices GNF! The guitar for "Hangman" is savagely undertiered, but it's an awesome song. I expect "Bullet" to be brought over in precisely thirty days!
    edited December 2011
    I had to do my part to thank DLCQP for the code and Drugstore Fanatics for making their album free.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited December 2011
    Probably nothing for me this week, unless I eventually decide to pick up "Still Alive". Wasn't crazy about the original, but this version sounds good.
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh, I didn't see that one on the list. Bring it over, too!
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited December 2011

Hey Ash, Watcha Playing? ending song, yay.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited December 2011
    Decided I will definitely be picking up that version of Still Alive. Always nice to see more JoCo.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2011
    Lowlander2;4575772 said:

Hey Ash, Watcha Playing? ending song, yay.
    Yep. I'm a huge fan of the show so I just had to get this one into the game. And if anyone is curious what the Rock Band Mix is about, in the original song the end of it turns into a chiptune cover of Seven Nation Army. Which of course is a big nope for RBN. So FantomenK threw together a new version with a different ending just for RB.

Also here's a video if anyone wants to know what you're getting into :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6IFCnG8aUY&feature=youtu.be
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited December 2011
    My Purchases:
    Drugstore Fanatics - "Bullet" (80 MSP)
    Those Among Us - The Final Hour (80 MSP)
    Jonathan Coulton ft. Sara Quin - "Still Alive" (160 MSP)
    Wasn't expected to grab more than Still Alive, but the Final Hour preview was amazing, so i grabbed it and love it. It's a steal for me at 80msp. Vocals sound amazing, definitely going to try singing it though you people might want to close your windows!!!!
    The Massacre is pretty much amazing just because it's 80 MSP & fun. Not a fan of the style of his music, but otherwise glad i purchased it.
    Still Alive, vocals are much better! I like this version a lot more.
    Bullet, awesome guitar and bass. Haven't tried vocals (and i don't have drums yet for xbox.. or i would have tried those first. They sound incredible)
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited December 2011
    nevermore tried to eat me alive, and then kill me, and then eat me again. but somehow i managed to pass it :o (on drums that is)
  • d-carlessd-carless Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    Texas in July RB3 version? I think could upload Sybreed Doomsday Party or Blackguard Allegiance RB3 version I think there are more than only a vox upgrade for those
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    d-carless;4577104 said:
    Texas in July RB3 version? I think could upload Sybreed Doomsday Party or Blackguard Allegiance RB3 version I think there are more than only a vox upgrade for those

The original version of Hook, Line and Sinner didn't have pro drums, so that's the main upgrade in this case (as well as a 2x bass pedal version, which missed the store update by a matter of minutes).
  • mrjsr05mrjsr05 Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    SheSaidSheSaid;4575390 said:
    Good choices GNF! The guitar for "Hangman" is savagely undertiered, but it's an awesome song. I expect "Bullet" to be brought over in precisely thirty days!
    Gnf is that by Like Moths to Flames?
  • BathTubBathTub Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    I'd much rather some RB3 versions of the Coulton stuff.
  • edited December 2011
    I got the Drugstore Fanatics song (I won a code from DLCQuickplay) but (much like the last one(also won from DLCQuickplay)) I don't see whats so great about it. Its not bad but its not great either.
    edited December 2011
    Oscarvarium;4577131 said:
    The original version of Hook, Line and Sinner didn't have pro drums, so that's the main upgrade in this case (as well as a 2x bass pedal version, which missed the store update by a matter of minutes).

I think, the 2x Bass could be an update over the same song with less cost, could be better than create a new song only with more basspedal
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    d-carless;4582148 said:
    I think, the 2x Bass could be an update over the same song with less cost, could be better than create a new song only with more basspedal

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. There's the 1x version with pro drums for people who aren't interested in double bass and a 2x version coming in the next store update for those who do.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    Oscarvarium;4582442 said:
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. There's the 1x version with pro drums for people who aren't interested in double bass and a 2x version coming in the next store update for those who do.

I think he's saying that he wants double bass add-ons to be an upgrade similar to pro guitar, and cost 80 points to add the upgrade instead of paying 160 for a second version of the song with everything the same aside from the extra kicks...

If that's the case, it will never happen, since you'd need another differentiation like drums, pro drums, pro drums double bass or something, which would be like adding EX+... Which HMX has said will never happen.
    edited December 2011
    Also, it'd be stupid to pay a dollar for a handful of bass notes, as opposed to actual tabs for two instruments.
    edited December 2011
    Zemanator;4582574 said:
    I think he's saying that he wants double bass add-ons to be an upgrade similar to pro guitar, and cost 80 points to add the upgrade instead of paying 160 for a second version of the song with everything the same aside from the extra kicks...

If that's the case, it will never happen, since you'd need another differentiation like drums, pro drums, pro drums double bass or something, which would be like adding EX+... Which HMX has said will never happen.

Thanks for explain sorry english not good; but well I'm not agree with this for the HDD space that you have two same songs only with more bass :C
    edited December 2011
    ^ So just get the 2x Bass version, and encourage your friends to do the same. Almost no randoms have RBN songs (or is this different on Xbox?) so I don't think you'd miss out on much in terms of online compatibility.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    I feel your pain about the HDD space, d-carless, since I usually buy both versions if its a song I want the double version of, but I upgraded to a 250GB when my old xbox killed itself..
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4583422 said:
    ^ So just get the 2x Bass version, and encourage your friends to do the same. Almost no randoms have RBN songs (or is this different on Xbox?) so I don't think you'd miss out on much in terms of online compatibility.

some of them do, some of them don't. mostly the people that dont have them dont really have much dlc anyway, and some cant get it in their country (read: to lazy to take the detour way)