Official Discussion Thread: DLC Week of 12/31 - Rush's 2112!

Comments

• SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited December 2011
    jibjqrkl;4579841 said:
    yep i'm going to go and drum in GH:WOR now :P just to be prepared

It's too bad you're on Xbox, I think I would enjoy jammin' with you
  • edited December 2011
    gham77;4579822 said:
    I'll probably be hounded to death by the elite but i think this selection is a poor way to end 2011.
    Not a big fan of Rush anyway (i like a couple of tracks) but i found this to be noodly self-indulgent trash. I won't be buying.
    I make no apologies. That is my opinion. nuff said.
    Although it's fine to not like something, I think that despite your personal opinion on the music itself, the reactions in this thread are good indicators that objectively speaking this is far from 'a poor way to end 2011', since HMX is making a lot of people very happy with this DLC. It's a shame you're not one of them, but you can't please everyone.
    robbiecon;4579828 said:
    Thanks so much for this. The pack is presented in the ideal way. And with all Pro thrown into the pack too!

Can I ask why there is a few week delay on PS3 in Europe? 18th seems like a long delay, I rather thought it might land on the 4th Jan, or at the latest the 11th.
    Although this is just speculation on my part at this point in time, my guess is that it has something to do with the fact that PSN needs to catch up on the Fueled by Ramen pack and RBN as well, and that Sony Europe seems to have even more restrictions on QA quantities than their US counterpart. I'm not privy to the exact details at the moment, so take it with a grain of salt, but this is my best guess.
    ClaptonsWig;4579831 said:
    Supper's Ready would be the next step. That would make me cry.

You and me both.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited December 2011
    Also, I want to say that without me, this announcement might have been something of a surprise. So if nothing else, I can say that I had a hand in bringing this to light, which goes some way towards "redeeming" my behaviour.
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    Cipher_Peon;4579834 said:
    Ayn Rand inspired musical lyrics!

Yeah, but it's a good song anyway.
  • RingoHallidayRingoHalliday Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    jibjqrkl;4579763 said:
    is anyone (besides wii-owners, you poor guys) actually not going to buy the whole pack???
    that would be the dumbest thing ever
    I'm a wii owner... :-(
    That said... I will be buying the full pack and just be bummed that I won't be able to play it as one song... But he'll yeah, the lack of full song option is not keeping me away this is just epic, and it sure beats being split in 7 like WOR did, 2112 was only reason I bought that...

Curious... Is this a system limitation or did Nintendo just refuse to let this go through??? Just seems unfair and makes me shed a few tears... I'll get over it by the time Tuesday tools around and I can accrually play it.
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited December 2011
    I'm checking out the video and the Temple of Syrinx is not the WOR version, which I am super happy about.

Sounds like the whole song is the studio version so I guess what they mean by different take means that they probably used a different vocal take like they did with 'Subdivisions'.
  • ecIggyecIggy Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Are we getting the WoR type narration too? It was pretty cool to hear but not needed. I'm getting the pack either way, just curious.

I never actually played WoR but found it on YouTube http://youtu.be/CYnrxyc1pFY
    edited December 2011
    RingoHalliday;4579848 said:
    I'm a wii owner... :-(
    That said... I will be buying the full pack and just be bummed that I won't be able to play it as one song... But he'll yeah, the lack of full song option is not keeping me away this is just epic, and it sure beats being split in 7 like WOR did, 2112 was only reason I bought that...

Curious... Is this a system limitation or did Nintendo just refuse to let this go through??? Just seems unfair and makes me shed a few tears... I'll get over it by the time Tuesday tools around and I can accrually play it.

I'm thinking that the medley is essentially a "free song", something Ninty is not particularly fond of.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited December 2011
    Amazing end to 2011, buying the whole pack. First Paramore and Panic at the Disco, now 2112 in full 20 minute version, 1 part AND free PRO Guitar upgrades. What a great week this has been.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    impressive.
    i'm not a rush fan, but i'll probably be picking this up just for the chance to play a 20-minute pro guitar track.

unless i read this announcement wrong, a lot of people are misunderstanding a couple things about this release:
    * there are not 7 individual songs being released.... there's the 20-minute medley, and 3 "combos" of 2-3 songs each. the combos by themselves are also being released as singles for anyone who inexplicably only wants to buy part of the song. so you won't be able to play just "Temple of Syrinx" but you can play just "Overture/Temple of Syrinx" instead of the medley if you wanted.
    * the only pro upgrade that is included in the pack is for the 20-minute medley. the pro upgrades for the other 3 tracks have to be bought separately for $.99 each like any other pro upgrade.

EDIT: ok, just reread the announcement and saw that the other 3 upgrades ARE included as well. wow, that's even better. i wouldn't have bought them separately, but i'll be happy to have them for free as well
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited December 2011
    Lowlander2;4579855 said:
    I'm thinking that the medley is essentially a "free song", something Ninty is not particularly fond of.

That is it 100% correct, it's sad.
    edited December 2011
    Der_Lex;4579843 said:
    Although it's fine to not like something, I think that despite your personal opinion on the music itself, the reactions in this thread are good indicators that objectively speaking this is far from 'a poor way to end 2011', since HMX is making a lot of people very happy with this DLC. It's a shame you're not one of them, but you can't please everyone.

But it's just his opinion!! That means no criticism allowed!
  • javi2qjavi2q Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    thanks, This makes the last year of life of humanity better.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited December 2011
    Lowlander2;4579855 said:

I think it's due to the system limitations, because the pack still has a price. The Wii never got the Abbey Road Medley either.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited December 2011
    tnevaker;4579863 said:

* the only pro upgrade that is included in the pack is for the 20-minute medley. the pro upgrades for the other 3 tracks have to be bought separately for $.99 each like any other pro upgrade.

I understood it as, when you buy the pack, you get the medley's pro upgrade, and the individual parts' upgrades all free. Only when you buy the songs seperately, not in pack form, do you have to pay for pro.
    edited December 2011
    tnevaker;4579863 said:

unless i read this announcement wrong, a lot of people are misunderstanding a couple things about this release:

hmxhenry said:
    Additionally, as a bonus, players who purchase the pack will receive Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrades for all three packages, as well as a Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrade for the medley for free!
    Yeah, I'd say you're reading it wrong.
  • jay22030jay22030 Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Although I am totally excited for this release, why didnt HMX just release the entire 2112 album?
  • edited December 2011
    SheSaidSheSaid;4579866 said:
    But it's just his opinion!! That means no criticism allowed!

What makes me sad is how many people actually believe what you've posted in obvious sarcasm. The 'everybody's a special little snowflake' mentality has not been kind to the fine art of discussion and debate.
    edited December 2011
    jay22030;4579874 said:
    Although I am totally excited for this release, why didnt HMX just release the entire 2112 album?

THIS ISN'T ENOUGH?!?

They could totally do that later. A 5-pack to round out the full album, sure, why not?
    edited December 2011
    I might try to FC the whole song on guitar. Depends on how hard the solos are. The last Rush pack had some oddly charted solos.
  • gham77gham77 Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Der_Lex;4579843 said:

Indeed. For everyone stoked with this DLC, congrats.
    Personally i won't buy it because i don't like it so for me it was a bit of a disappointment and thus the quote.
    No offence meant. None taken. Have a great NY everyone.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited December 2011
    jay22030;4579874 said:

why not the entire discography?
    damn it hmx! you really messed up this time!!!!!
    edited December 2011
    Amazingly, there are people *****ing about this on facebook. About how "GH beat you by a year!" and "Rush, AGAIN?!?"

I know that you'll never please everybody. But I would have thought THIS FREAKING ANNOUNCEMENT would come as close to it as possible.

Maybe this is as close as possible. Ugh, that's kind of discouraging.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    $5.49 for one song?

What a freaking rip!

;)

Anybody who doesn't but the full pack is a maroon.
    edited December 2011
    So here's something else...

Does the presence of only one vocal part during the finale mean that it is the protagonist saying "Attention...we are assuming control", thus ending the debate on the ambiguity of the final words?

God, this pack just gets better by the minute!
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited December 2011
    dog037;4579880 said:
    I might try to FC the whole song on guitar. Depends on how hard the solos are. The last Rush pack had some oddly charted solos.

probably going to be a bit harder then GH:WOR version but still FC'able
    (i have no facts supporting this, it just seems to be that way when we get songs that were in GH)
    edited December 2011
    jay22030;4579874 said:
    It would have made the pricing and packaging more complicated. Plus, they might have figured too many people would dismiss the shorter songs as filler.
    edited December 2011
    Lowlander2;4579887 said:
    So here's something else...

Does the presence of only one vocal part during the finale mean that it is the protagonist saying "Attention...we are assuming control", thus ending the debate on the ambiguity of the final words?

God, this pack just gets better by the minute!

That would be funny if they didn't chart that part.
    edited December 2011
    SheSaidSheSaid;4579885 said:
    Amazingly, there are people *****ing about this on facebook. About how "GH beat you by a year!" and "Rush, AGAIN?!?"

I know that you'll never please everybody. But I would have thought THIS FREAKING ANNOUNCEMENT would come as close to it as possible.

Maybe this is as close as possible. Ugh, that's kind of discouraging.

"Haters gonna..." do something. I forget how the rest of it goes.
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited December 2011
    It looks like this week doesn't have keys...
    :3
This discussion has been closed.