The Year 2012 and the sounds it makes.

Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
edited January 2013 in History of Rock
In here we discuss Pilgrim's Misery Wizard.

Comments

• soup567soup567 Headliner
    edited December 2011
    Ne Obliviscaris's debut album is finally coming out in January. I can't wait for that.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited December 2011
    Control Denied's sophomore album.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited December 2011
    2nd list is up
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited December 2011
    The new Gorguts album should be quite good.
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited December 2011
    Here's some upcoming releases I pulled from Decibel (the ones that interested me and that I'm copy/pasting from facebook). Of course take this with a meteor-sized grain of salt, since groups of unsober sweaty people do not always follow a strict schedule:

Neurosis
    Suffocation
    Terrorizer
    Converge
    Aura Noir
    Ghost
    Municipal Waste
    Pig Destroyer
    Portal
    Baroness
    High on Fire
    Gojira
    Autopsy
    Christian Mistress
    Obscura
    Rumpelstiltskin Grinder
    Panopticon
    Ancestors
    Torche
    Earthless
    Intronaut
    Cough
    Cattle Decapitation
    Dawnbringer
    Coffins
    Coffinworm
    Kreator
    Church of Misery
    Cirpple Bastards
    Genghis Tron
    Gorguts
    King Diamond
    Kylesa
    Magrudergrind
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited December 2011
    new municipal waste? sweeeeettt
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited December 2011
    King Diamond, Neurosis, and Ne Obliviscaris. It's still 2011 for roughly 6 more hours but already 2012 has a sweet lineup of albums being released.

*also, Paradise Lost is scheduled to release an album in April of 2012.
    edited December 2011
    I forgot about the new Briton Rites as well, I'm expecting it to be just as good if not better than their excellent debut in 2010.
  • soup567soup567 Headliner
    edited December 2011
    LegendofRock3021;4584765 said:
    I forgot about the new Briton Rites as well, I'm expecting it to be just as good if not better than their excellent debut in 2010.

Oh wow now I'm excited for that too.
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited December 2011
    For 2012 I know of new albums coming from Flying Colors (Portnoy / Morse / Morse / LaRue / McPherson), Spock's Beard, Gazpacho, Gavin Harrison, Phideaux, and Circus Maximus (although they're more in the "when it's done" category at this point).

Was thinking the debut from Edison's Children was early 2012, but it apparently came out already.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited December 2011
    Depeche Mode's getting ready to record their next album in February, so hopefully that'll get released before the end of 2012.

I'm also greatly anticipating the new albums from Grimes and Foxy Shazam . I predict this year to be a big year for darkwave albums, personally.
  • HeavyMetalKingHeavyMetalKing Road Warrior
    edited December 2011
    New Coheed and Cambria album is set to drop next summer. New Circa Survive and Wheatus albums next year, as well.
  • RockAndAHardPlaceRockAndAHardPlace Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    2012 is going to be a killer year for music, that's for sure!
    edited January 2012
    RockAndAHardPlace;4585107 said:
    2012 is going to be a killer year for music, that's for sure!

As have been the last few years. We're living in an age that is absolutely unparalleled in the performing arts, despite what some would have you believe.
  • RockAndAHardPlaceRockAndAHardPlace Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    killer_roach;4585122 said:
    As have been the last few years. We're living in an age that is absolutely unparalleled in the performing arts, despite what some would have you believe.

Oh yeah, I agree. I think one year is great, the next year is even better. I think that year is great and the one after that is better. It just seems like we're in an upward spiral and I love it.
  • Lady SiaraLady Siara Metal Maiden
    edited January 2012
    I'm interested to see how Lana Del Ray's full length ends up. I'm a bit ambivalent about Video Games but Born to Die was a pretty solid single. The lyrics weren't always stellar but I dig.
  • Lameboy19Lameboy19 Headliner
    edited January 2012
    I'm really stoked about the new fun. album in febuary, and the new Saddest Landscape and Xerxes, I think Empire! Empire! are releasing a new LP this year as well
  • franticfishfranticfish Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    LegendofRock3021;4584601 said:
    The new Gorguts album should be quite good.
    Oh **** yes.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited January 2012
    Lady Siara;4585275 said:
    I'm interested to see how Lana Del Ray's full length ends up. I'm a bit ambivalent about Video Games but Born to Die was a pretty solid single. The lyrics weren't always stellar but I dig.

Have you heard her most recent single, "Off to the Races"? That woman can sing.
  • MrFruitLordMrFruitLord Headliner
    edited January 2012
    I liked the new GBV album.
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited January 2012
    new Mazzy Star, Eve 6, Spock's Beard, Black Sabbath, Janelle Monae, Grizzly Bear, and some others that i've heard about coming out in 2012 for me to look forward to
  • The_OreoThe_Oreo Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    Alcest's les Voyages de l'
  • Lady SiaraLady Siara Metal Maiden
    edited January 2012
    Runesmith;4585713 said:
    Have you heard her most recent single, "Off to the Races"? That woman can sing.

I had not! Listening to it now and I've gotta say that I'm impressed at the variety she's had in her songs. I figured she'd just go with mostly down-tempo songs but this is great. :)
    edited January 2012
    Drudkh has an album coming out in late February, looking forward to that.
  • ULS_980ULS_980 Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    Mostly looking forward to the new Alcest, Gojira, Control Denied, and Diablo Swing Orchestra albums.
    Bunch of other albums I'm interested in, but not to the degree of those albums.
    Really hoping this year will be as good for black metal as 2011 was (Wolves in the Throne Room, Leviathan, Falls of Rauros, Ash Borer, Blut Aus Nord, etc.).
    edited January 2012
    One of the new Pagan Altar songs "Dance of the Vampires" is pretty awesome. I'm very eager to listen to Never Quite Dead after the album has been delayed many times.
  • YingaGartenYingaGarten Unsigned
    edited January 2012
    a21schizoidman;4586119 said:
    new Mazzy Star, Eve 6, Spock's Beard, Black Sabbath, Janelle Monae, Grizzly Bear, and some others that i've heard about coming out in 2012 for me to look forward to

There's new Janelle Monae material coming? Where was this said? Good to hear anyway if true.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited January 2012
    New Alcest is a bit better than the last one. More Slowdive-y.
  • ULS_980ULS_980 Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    afterstasis;4594042 said:
    New Alcest is a bit better than the last one. More Slowdive-y.

Honestly, I prefer Ecailles de Lune to anything else Alcest has done, and the new album is actually my least favorite so far.
    Just prefer Ecailles with it's more pronounced (although still fairly buried) black metal influences (at least from what I can see).
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited January 2012
    killer_roach;4588814 said:
    Drudkh has an album coming out in late February, looking forward to that.

Drudkh has a new album on the way? SWEET!!!