PS3 RBN Releases for January 3rd

edited January 2012 in The Rock Band Network
As HMX promised, ten RBN songs went up on the PSN store in today's update. Hadn't seen a thread for it yet, so if anyone was wondering, here they are:

“Boy” – Ra Ra Riot ($1.99)
“Can You Tell” – Ra Ra Riot ($1.99)
“Dawn of Spring” – Christopher J ($0.99)
“Found Me the Bomb” – Buckmer & Garcia ($0.99)
“Frankenstein Teaser Trailer” – Richard Campbell ($0.99)
“Revenants” – The Cold Goodnight ($0.99)
“Riptide Resort” – Freen in Green ($0.99)
“The End of Progress” – Mystakin ($0.99)
“The Thief in the Night – Part I” – Chaotrope ($0.99)
“The Way It Ends” – Prototype ($0.99)

Great selection, I have to say, lots of cool 99 cent songs and lots of goodies for keys players. I'm personally picking up Dawn of Spring, Frankenstein Teaser Trailer, Riptide Resort and The End of Progress... after seeing the drums and keys charts, the Chaotrope song scares me.

Comments

• DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    Der_Lex;4588320 said:
    after seeing the drums and keys charts, the Chaotrope song scares me.
    And you haven't even seen the guitar or bass charts yet. ;)
  • edited January 2012
    DragoonXD;4588324 said:
    And you haven't even seen the guitar or bass charts yet. ;)

Keys and drums are my main instruments so I didn't need to. ;)
    Like Andromeda, it's a great band for people who want a really tough challenge, but for me it's a bit much.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited January 2012
    "Frankenstein Teaser Trailer" is a definite buy (sooner or later...there's 16 cents left in my PSN account, and I can't afford to add anything right now). Dunno about any of the others.
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited January 2012
    Der_Lex;4588342 said:
    Keys and drums are my main instruments so I didn't need to. ;)
    Like Andromeda, it's a great band for people who want a really tough challenge, but for me it's a bit much.
    I like songs like that. Looks like I'll be getting that Chaotrope song soon then.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    It's worth noting that EU players get half of those songs on the 18th. This week, we're only getting the following:

Dawn Of Spring – Christopher J (£0.59/€0.79)
    Revenants – The Cold Goodnight (£0.59/€0.79)
    Riptide Resort – Freen in Green (£0.59/€0.79)
    The End Of Progress – Mystakin (£0.59/€0.79)
    The Thief In The Night: Part I – Chaotrope (£0.59/€0.79)
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    Half of these songs are instrumentals, which I find quite excessive. More power to anyone who likes them, but as someone who spends half his RB3 time on the mic, no vocals = no sale. I bought the two Ra Ra Riot songs and noted with some surprise that there's nothing from Amberian Dawn, Free Spirit, or A Day to Remember this week.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited January 2012
    Numskull;4589243 said:
    Half of these songs are instrumentals, which I find quite excessive. More power to anyone who likes them, but as someone who spends half his RB3 time on the mic, no vocals = no sale. I bought the two Ra Ra Riot songs and noted with some surprise that there's nothing from Amberian Dawn, Free Spirit, or A Day to Remember this week.

Every eligible song by A Day to Remember has already been released on PS3 (where "eligible" means RBN 2.0, regular bass).
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited January 2012
    Got everything.
    My favorites were:
    Frankenstein Teaser Trailer- Richard Campbell
    Boy- Ra Ra Riot
    The End of Progress- Mystakin

The Thief song was very funny to even attempt. Was laughing playing it with my friend the entire time. (I don't know how it's metal.. either.)

The rest weren't hits for me at all... especially didn't like the Riptide song on guitar... too much guitar effects... totally ruins the sound for me.
  • pizzzapizzapizzzapizza Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    the way it ends song should be fun to play bass,guitar,and vocals (for both harmonies and regular vocals)
    :)
    edited January 2012
    it would be difficult for drums because i has so many bass pedals parts lol :)
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    pizzzapizza;4589587 said:
    the way it ends song should be fun to play bass,guitar,and vocals (for both harmonies and regular vocals)
    :)

it has like... 5 harmony phrases hat are all only one word o.O

drums/nostalgia are where it shines for me
    edited January 2012
    Zemanator;4589816 said:
    it has like... 5 harmony phrases hat are all only one word o.O

drums/nostalgia are where it shines for me

i agree with that statement lol :)
  • edited January 2012
    HMXLachesis;4589262 said:
    Every eligible song by A Day to Remember has already been released on PS3 (where "eligible" means RBN 2.0, regular bass).

But that's certainly not yet the case for Amberian Dawn, hint hint. ;)

(seriously, though, I really hope at least War in Heaven will still make it over to our little dark side, because that's a track worthy of the oft over-used term 'epic')

As for this week, I have to say that all four songs I bought this week (all instrumentals, so I guess I'm one of those people that like those) were incredibly fun on keys, with Frankenstein Teaser Trailer as the best of a great bunch.

I'll have to look up the expert chart for The End of Progress on youtube sometime, though, because after playing the pro hard chart, I don't really get why it's a tier 5 song. When even Der 'Butterfingers' Lex gets 94% on his sightread, it can't be that hard. ;)
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    Der_Lex;4590136 said:

I'll have to look up the expert chart for The End of Progress on youtube sometime, though, because after playing the pro hard chart, I don't really get why it's a tier 5 song. When even Der 'Butterfingers' Lex gets 94% on his sightread, it can't be that hard. ;)
    There's a fast 16th note line that's pretty fiddly, especially with one hand, and it goes on for a while. Given how easy the rest of it is I could maybe see it being 4 dots instead of 5, but that's hardly the most outrageous mistiering we've seen from RBN. ;)
  • stigdustigdu Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    I bought a song yesterday by a band called Chaotrope on PS3, having previewed it first in the in-game music store.

My God, that song is MENTAL on keys!!! I don't think we'll ever see anyone get even 90% on it, let alone 100%.