Earache Records songs

ArchelonArchelon Unsigned
edited January 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Are there any Earache Records reps out there other than Ol Drake working on songs for RBN? I know Ol is busy with Evile's upcoming tour, but I didn't know if he was the only one.

Comments

• ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2012
    Drake was the only one, and they haven't had anything in months. I'm going to say they're probably done with the RBN.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4590541 said:
    Drake was the only one, and they haven't had anything in months. I'm going to say they're probably done with the RBN.

I don't know that he's done with things. You're right in that he's the only one there and he's really busy with touring and whatnot, but even when he wasn't he kinda did things at his own pace.

Really hope he's not done with RBN; outside of the typical guitarist-authoring-own-guitar hiccups he was pretty good with it.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited January 2012
    I'll just chime in and say that we need some new Evile in RB, so Drake, keep 'em comin'!
    edited January 2012
    I was talking to the label that oversees earache (for some non earache related bands on one of their other satellite labels), and was told by them that the sales have dropped so much that it's not worth it to them to put more tracks into the game. I even offered to do them free of charge.

Still no go.

So I don't know if this encompasses earache as well since this was the label that earache is a part of or not.

I wouldn't hold my breath for more, but you never can tell.
  • Chopper13Chopper13 Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4591296 said:
    I was talking to the label that oversees earache (for some non earache related bands on one of their other satellite labels), and was told by them that the sales have dropped so much that it's not worth it to them to put more tracks into the game. I even offered to do them free of charge.

Still no go.

So I don't know if this encompasses earache as well since this was the label that earache is a part of or not.

I wouldn't hold my breath for more, but you never can tell.

I find it odd how companies refuse to support the RBN even if you offer them the chance to make money without actually putting any money in (Charting for free). Is there a reason for this or is it just the company doesn't want to give masters up or something?
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    Chopper13;4591431 said:
    I find it odd how companies refuse to support the RBN even if you offer them the chance to make money without actually putting any money in (Charting for free). Is there a reason for this or is it just the company doesn't want to give masters up or something?

because even if the charting services are free, it may still cost money to get the stems ready/split up, and sometimes that can be expensive.

the main reason why almost all of the RBN is from 2010 onwards
  • Chopper13Chopper13 Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    Oh, I didn't know that, makes more sense now. Thanks haha
  • ArchelonArchelon Unsigned
    edited January 2012
    Oh, man. First off, thanks for offering! That was a mighty decent thing of you to do. Secondly, I suspect, from what I know of Earache Records, that they're rather more willing to take a risk on this sort of thing than other labels, maybe if you could get in a word with Digby himself? Although I have no idea if that's even possible!

But to be quite honest, almost all of my friends who own RB are huge metalheads, and bands like Death Angel, Evile, and Bolt Thrower are exactly the sort of thing they want.

In fact, a lot of my friends who don't even own RB have paid me to buy that kind of stuff for RB so they can play it whenever they come over to my house, haha.

I think that metal artists are perfectly suited for RBN because they're used to not selling thousands upon thousands of items, but rather subsisting on relatively fewer sales driven by devoted fans. And devoted fans are pretty much 100% of what comprises RBN purchasers right now. RBN can scratch that itch for classic metal songs that push the boundaries of difficulty that you see people clamoring for on these very forums. It'll be putting out songs that certainly won't have the mass appeal that a normal DLC release would be expected to had, but just look at the success of the Dragonforce 2-pack.
    edited January 2012
    We just finalized a deal that is going to have metal coming out of RBN's ears for years to come.

I was going for one band, and ended up with multiple (nothing to do with earache), but just so you know, there will never be any lack of metal for the RBN...ever ;)
  • clintilonaclintilona Unsigned
    edited January 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4603893 said:
    We just finalized a deal that is going to have metal coming out of RBN's ears for years to come.

I was going for one band, and ended up with multiple (nothing to do with earache), but just so you know, there will never be any lack of metal for the RBN...ever ;)

Any hints towards who these bands are?