Official Discussion - DLC Week of 1/17 - Singles from Korn and The Edgar Winter Group

Comments

• bandaddybandaddy Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    I wonder if we get to play both parts of the double drum solo in Frankenstein. What fun.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited January 2012
    I'd never heard of EWG, but I know both songs and like them. Free Ride is a day 1 purchase, not sure on Frankenstein just because of finances (Saving up for the Huey pack), but it will get snagged eventually. Being an instrumental is annoying, as singers are regulars at my RB Parties.

As for Korn, I didn't mind Freak on GHWT, so I might snag that eventually, hadn't heard the other one before, and while parts sound familiar, I think I'll pass. Not a huge Korn fan though. Good for fans though.
  • johnnyboybladejohnnyboyblade Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    Wow Those Korn songs were a really nice surprise! Would've liked more but there's plenty more weeks ahead for that :-). After listening to Frankenstein and Free Ride on YouTube It looks like a full week for me!
  • defdog99defdog99 Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    I've never heard of Frankenstein. I only read Twilight so I only know about Vampires and Werewolves.

But to all of those fans, I guess you are happy !

/mock
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited January 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4604494 said:
    I'll be interested to read your reviews of the Edgar Winter songs :)
    They're not reviews! They're first impressions! :3
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    What a great week. Nice variety to please a couple of different group. I know people were unhappy about Korn having 1 song and that it was a "poor" song choice. For me, Edgar Winter is an awesome inclusion. Here's hoping for more GH6 debut artists (Red Rider, Neil Young, etc)
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited January 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4604505 said:
    They're not reviews! They're first impressions! :3

Same thing. I'll be interested to read them.
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    About damn time we got Frankenstein.

ITS ALIVE!
    edited January 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4604512 said:
    Same thing. I'll be interested to read them.
    I'll get to them when I get home. I'm at school now D:
  • MPPMikeMPPMike Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    I can't stand KoRn, but I'm all over the Edgar Winter Group songs!
    edited January 2012
    cipher_peon;4604515 said:
    i'll get to them when i get home. I'm at school now d:
    skip school to listen to edgar winter now
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    Hell yes, bout time we got some EWG. :D Just Free Ride for me. Thanks HMX!!
  • ecIggyecIggy Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    Most excellent week!! I'll surely be getting 3 songs at least, still not 100% sold on Free Ride yet even though it is a great song just not sure it fits with my group. Since it's not discounted as part of a 3-pack or anything I'll just put that on my wishlist for later I think. Since I put together little setlists for each of the old GH difficulty tiers, Frankenstein is a must buy.

Bout time we had some real Korn after Word Up being the only Korn song since Lego:RB. I was thinking of tweeting Korn asking how they would chart their new Skrillex stuff in RB, jokingly of course but turns out I'm freaking psychic-ish!
    edited January 2012
    kitlerc;4604518 said:
    skip school to listen to edgar winter now
    I've never cut school before though D:
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    for some reason i thought we already had "Free Ride" in the game. i must have been thinking of All Right Now by Free. duh! or Free BIRD, but they sound nothing alike. oh well... definitely getting that one.

i'll have to think about the Korn songs later, and see the pro chart on Frankenstein, though i might have to get that one just for next year's Halloween party.

also, besides getting Free Ride, i'm also chronically bitter AND i want a pony, so i'm choosing all 3 in the poll.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4604523 said:

there's a first time for everything. DO EET!
    edited January 2012
    tnevaker;4604525 said:
    for some reason i thought we already had "Free Ride" in the game. i must have been thinking of All Right Now by Free. duh! or Free BIRD, but they sound nothing alike. oh well... definitely getting that one.

i'll have to think about the Korn songs later, and see the pro chart on Frankenstein, though i might have to get that one just for next year's Halloween party.

Well, it is in GH:WoR
    edited January 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4604523 said:
    Cuttin school is bad. Mkay.
  • MegaIronDragonDethMegaIronDragonDeth Post Ratio > 3 a Day
    edited January 2012
    Actually now that I've seen the preview for the songs. I think I'll get all the Edgar Winter Group songs (previously just getting Frankenstein) plus the pro upgrade for Frankenstein for if I ever come across a pro guitar player online.
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited January 2012
    Awesome track from Edgar Winter! Plus I'm glad they're the original studio versions! GH got a crappy re-recorded version of Free Ride
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    Cipher_Peon;4604492 said:
    Wait... A pony?!?
    Totally picking that!

There was no price shown, but it's probably WAY more than $1.99.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited January 2012
    Watched the preview, and I didn't know there were lyrics during that part of "Freak On a Leash." :rolleyes:
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited January 2012
    Sad not to see ADIDAS or Get Up, but it's about time. =p

And Edgar is cool(heh) too!
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited January 2012
    One for my list (Free Ride). None for me.
  • JBlack240JBlack240 Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    Getting the Korn songs for sure and probably gonna get the Edgar Winter tracks too so full week for me.
  • SnowdragonsSnowdragons Unsigned
    edited January 2012
    My first impression was this week being awesome, then i realised this week sucked. I've never heard of "Edgar Winter Group" and the songs sounded king of "meh" to me. I was very happy because there was two new Korn songs. I've been waiting for Rock Band to release a Korn song with Pro upgrade for a very long time now, and i was happy to see Freak On a Leash was to be one of the two songs, but then i realised NONE of the Korn songs had Pro Upgrades. This is one of the biggest FAILS i've ever seen from Harmonix (releasing Korns biggest song without being able to play it). Then i saw Brodyquest which made me excited, but of course it was the Xbox users who got it (not PS3) -.-. Then i saw that 2112 is being delayed an additional week... SRSLY!? They make me suffer through a whole month, waiting to play the biggest song Harmonix ever announced!? Congratulations "2112" you're the new "Half-Life 2 Episode 3". This freaking ruined my friday. No Korn, no Brodyquest and no 2112. They better release a Pro Upgrade to Freak On a Leash, release Brodyquest and stop delaying 2112 if i'm sopposed to get my faith back to Harmonix.
  • Logan812Logan812 Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    Edgar Winter and Korn. That combination is... interesting, but it's a good well-rounded week of DLC for me.
  • Funk-n-steinFunk-n-stein Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    Definitley getting Frankenstein with pro-upgrade. Should be some serious fun to play, especially with a group.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    Snowdragons;4604546 said:
    My first impression was this week being awesome, then i realised this week sucked. I've never heard of "Edgar Winter Group" and the songs sounded king of "meh" to me. I was very happy because there was two new Korn songs. I've been waiting for Rock Band to release a Korn song with Pro upgrade for a very long time now, and i was happy to see Freak On a Leash was to be one of the two songs, but then i realised NONE of the Korn songs had Pro Upgrades. This is one of the biggest FAILS i've ever seen from Harmonix (releasing Korns biggest song without being able to play it). Then i saw Brodyquest which made me excited, but of course it was the Xbox users who got it (not PS3) -.-. Then i saw that 2112 is being delayed an additional week... SRSLY!? They make me suffer through a whole month, waiting to play the biggest song Harmonix ever announced!? Congratulations "2112" you're the new "Half-Life 2 Episode 3". This freaking ruined my friday. No Korn, no Brodyquest and no 2112. They better release a Pro Upgrade to Freak On a Leash, release Brodyquest and stop delaying 2112 if i'm sopposed to get my faith back to Harmonix.

Cool story bro.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    Finally some real Korn, everything for this week.