RBN DLC Discussion: 1/12/2012 (Xbox), 1/107/2012 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited January 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 1/12/2012

Alternative
Mafia Track Suit - "Fairweather Stranger" (80 MSP)

Hip-Hop/Rap
The Break Down - "Touch the Mic" (80 MSP)

Metal
Chaotrope - "Elysian" (80 MSP)
Chaotrope - "Extropy/Entropy" (80 MSP)
Chaotrope - "The Hourglass Paroxysm - Part I" (80 MSP)
Deadlock - "Martyr to Science (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
DRUOX - "Console War" (80 MSP)
DRUOX - "Console War (2x Bass Pedal)" (80 MSP)
Ghost Brigade - "Clawmaster" (160 MSP)
Misery Index - "The Carrion Call (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Morbid Angel - "Existo Vulgor

Comments

• TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    No problem about the delay. I'm used to that. We all know it's SCEE's fault. ANYWAY

this is a great week, both for PS3 and Xbox.

Never thought that Ultra Vomit would have made to RBN. This is absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to see Judas Prost coming to rock band!

Thank you very much for Estranger, btw. Fantastic song, and it's only a buck. Great deal for over 6 minutes of prog at its finest.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    Vangough and Rival Sons tracks from the PS3 list. After the PSN hack of last year, a few weeks of delay are barely noticable. Hope they won't go on for too long, though.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    morbid angel, raggedy angry, ghost brigade, rishloo... such an awesome distribution, and so awesome to play.

and yeah, you guys are welcome for vangough, it's a really awesome song.
  • MegaIronDragonDethMegaIronDragonDeth Post Ratio > 3 a Day
    edited January 2012
    I'm only getting Console War for the novelty.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited January 2012
    I'll probably pick up the tracks by Rishloo and Mafia Track Suit. Not a bad week.

And for all of the people out there always demanding moar metalz: you had better not ever say that again after looking at this list. Metalz everywhere. MOAR INDIE ROCKZ is more like it.
  • edited January 2012
    TheStuddz;4603678 said:
    I'll probably pick up the tracks by Rishloo and Mafia Track Suit. Not a bad week.

And for all of the people out there always demanding moar metalz: you had better not ever say that again after looking at this list. Metalz everywhere. MOAR INDIE ROCKZ is more like it.

That statement fits every week.
    edited January 2012
    TheStuddz;4603678 said:

you're going to hate Noble.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2012
    See the moar metalz people always think we know they mean more metalz I KNOW.

So that's why we always see that moar metalz shout no matter how much we get.

Because every person wants metalz THEY want.

Out of the 11 metal tracks popping today, I bet only 1 maybe 2 of them are actually on anyone's gotta have it list.

Which is why I'm glad I'm so open minded about music. Sure there's songs I want by bands I know, but I'm also satisfied by getting music that is fun to listen to or play, even if I didn't know it beforehand.
  • FinalAeonFinalAeon Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    Yus, Estranger! Don't really care for the other 4 tracks, yet just because of that one song, it's one of the better RBN weeks for me.

Just one question though: as pretty much ALL RBN songs for Europe we didn't get yet were scheduled for the 18th, exactly which songs are being delayed? Are we getting no RBN content at all the 18th?
  • edited January 2012
    Brodyquest was an instant buy for me. I'll actually pick up a bunch of the others later.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    Clawmaster is despite of it growls pretty epic, a little similar to the recent Opeth DLC track.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited January 2012
    TheStuddz;4603678 said:

MOAR 80's THRASH METAL!!!!
    (better?)
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2012
    Zemanator;4603691 said:
    you're going to hate Noble.

In my defense that was an accident :P
  • edited January 2012
    What's always amusing to me is that, on this forum at least, any cries of 'more metal' that there may or may not be are drowned out by even larger amounts of posts and people dedicated to complaining about metal releases and people who want them.

Anyhoo, two great dollar songs on the PS3 this week, am picking them both up (I've been looking vorward to Estranger for a while now and that pirate song is a hoot that looks fun on keys too).

On the X-box side of things, the standout track for me this week is Ghost Brigade's Clawmaster (both the title and the lyrics make me wonder if the song is about Steven Erikson's Malazan Books of the Fallen). Hope that gets a port.
    edited January 2012
    jibjqrkl;4604357 said:
    MOAR 80's THRASH METAL!!!!
    (better?)

We need moar Powa Metulz!!!111!!!

But luckily that Ascension song will hopefully be out within the next couple months.
  • DLCquickplayDLCquickplay Unsigned
    edited January 2012
    TheDescent;4603358 said:

Never thought that Ultra Vomit would have made to RBN. This is absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to see Judas Prost coming to rock band!

"Je Collectionne des Canards" is also in the system, I'm sad that it wasn't the first out.

Quack quack quack quack
    edited January 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4604420 said:
    In my defense that was an accident :P

and only proves the point that metal labels/bands actually WANT to be involved, unlike everyone else.

"Hey, we would like to get band A into RB, interested?"

"oh F**k yeah! while you're at it, how about you do bands B-Y as well!"

^^ actual chain of events.
    edited January 2012
    MegaIronDragonDeth;4604432 said:

But luckily that Ascension song will hopefully be out within the next couple months.

just wait until you hear the oth-...

no, you're mind will be blown, and we don't want a mess.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited January 2012
    Big, big happy face for "Estranger" :) But...no $ :'(
    edited January 2012
    Zemanator;4605012 said:
    just wait until you hear the oth-...

no, you're mind will be blown, and we don't want a mess.

I remember seeing the comment from the actual band on the preview vid and it seemed like a deal for more songs could happen. Am I right?
    edited January 2012
    MegaIronDragonDeth;4605599 said:
    Am I right?

or has already happened. if you thought somewhere back in time was insane, just wait till the next spotlight thread.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited January 2012
    HMXLachesis;4603341 said:
    1/107/2012 (PS3)

Whaaaaaaa

Anyways... we needz more reggae metalz or however the hell it is you request metal songs on RB based on everyones persception we need to add a "z" to the end of every second word or so of every metal request.
    edited January 2012
    Zemanator;4605702 said:
    or has already happened. if you thought somewhere back in time was insane, just wait till the next spotlight thread.

I can't wait until the 3rd of February. The announcements are on the first friday of the month right?
  • emsegsemsegs Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    What?!?!? 1/107?!?!?!?!?!
    edited January 2012
    MegaIronDragonDeth;4606029 said:
    I can't wait until the 3rd of February. The announcements are on the first friday of the month right?
    uh.. itll probably be feb 4th.. or whatever that friday is, yeah.

try not to get too excited, since im just hinting at what we've been told, still waiting for the action to begin :)
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited January 2012
    Pretty good RBN.
    Halfbrick Studios - "Pirats 'Til We Die" ($0.99) - Metal
    Go Radio - "Any Other Heart" ($1.99) - Pop-Rock
    Vangough - "Estranger" ($0.99) - Prog
    Rival Sons - "Torture" ($1.99) - Rock

Those right there are awesome.