Why is the Rock Band Network restricted to only a very limited amount of countries?

AtheneWon360AtheneWon360 Unsigned
edited January 2012 in The Rock Band Network
I live in Australia and can't get Rock Band Network songs. Why the hell not? People abuse me and kick me from online games because I have no RBN songs.

Comments

• ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2012
    Because of XNA. Microsoft's XNA is what the RBN runs on, so places that don't have XNA access can't get RBN.

I'd tell you to complain to MS but I don't know what good it will do.

I do know that people can make second US or UK accounts and get the songs, BUT I don't know the specifics so I'd ask someone more knowledgeable than me first.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited January 2012
    Some countries don't get RBN songs because music licensing is complicated, but Australia doesn't have access to XNA games apparently because of laws against unrated content or something like that.

I find it very hard to believe you regularly get kicked over 1600-song library generally consisting of lesser-known bands. Most people online don't have any common DLC.
  • AtheneWon360AtheneWon360 Unsigned
    edited January 2012
    Weird, we do get XNA here, because I had to use it in high school for games development... And yeah I remember when I went to France and bought cheap MS points I had to make a new account for them to work (come on, really!?) and I could download RBN songs... I might complain to Microsoft though about this cause it's really annoying. Thanks for your help guys.