That authoring Group is looking for authors!

ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
edited January 2012 in The Rock Band Network
We just landed a few label clients that want a LOT of songs in the game.

So we're looking for authors for pretty much every instrument. We're really needing Venue, Vocal, and pro/5 lane keyboard authors, however we're also looking for authors that can do guitar, bass, sound mixing, and drums.

Now as most of you know we at TAG are doing this because we love the game, and not as a means of getting filthy rich. We make a little bit of money, but nothing you're going to be able to quit your jobs and retire to the Playboy mansion with any time soon.

You don't need XNA or any thing like that. The only thing that's required is Reaper for charting purposes.

So if you're interested in working with lots of top notch music from labels such as Season of Mist, Fearless, AFM, Nightmare/Sony, A West Side Fabrication, Facedown Records, (a new signed label we can't publicly discuss yet), and dozens of independent or unsigned bands like Powerman 5000, Rishloo, Halcyon Way, Ribs, and the Trews then drop us a line today at [email]nlarimer@gmail.com[/email] and we can get you more details!

Comments

  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited January 2012
    Email sent. I'd love to be able to work on either guitar, venue, or both.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    I could and would love to do pro keys charting but I'm up to my neck in college, and any time spent "charting" goes to other current obligations.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited January 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4607061 said:

    We make a little bit of money, but nothing you're going to be able to quit your jobs and retire to the Playboy mansion with any time soon.

    Dreams crushed. :(
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited January 2012
    I could try 5-lane keys. Not promising anything special and you don't have to use it if you don't want to. I could "try out."
  • DemonUnicornsDemonUnicorns Normally Dumb
    edited January 2012
    I'm overly interested, but don't know how to get Reaper.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited January 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4607061 said:

    So if you're interested in working with lots of top notch music from... the Trews

    That'd be a dream come true! Unfortunately I have no idea how to chart, otherwise I'd be all over this.

    Also, the "label clients that want a LOT of songs in the game" sounds promising.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited January 2012
    DemonUnicorns;4607395 said:
    I'm overly interested, but don't know how to get Reaper.
    Catch-22;4607441 said:

    What he said.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    TheStuddz;4607493 said:
    That'd be a dream come true! Unfortunately I have no idea how to chart, otherwise I'd be all over this.

    Also, the "label clients that want a LOT of songs in the game" sounds promising.


    it has me really excited, the list includes one of the song I've wanted to drum along to in RB since the game came out, its hard to not just scream in excitement =D.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    TheStuddz;4607493 said:
    That'd be a dream come true! Unfortunately I have no idea how to chart, otherwise I'd be all over this.

    Look over this and check back with us in a month or two once you get a handle on it. ;)
    http://creators.rockband.com/docs/Authoring
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited January 2012
    Zemanator;4607611 said:
    it has me really excited, the list includes one of the song I've wanted to drum along to in RB since the game came out, its hard to not just scream in excitement =D.

    If it's "Wipeout" by the Safaris (I haven't been able to get to that list yet), then I can say I am OK with this. Even though I came this close *pinches fingers* to getting that song before they stopped replying.
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, what's in the list? Hopefully Mayday Parade and Sugarcult!
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited January 2012
    crash13;4607632 said:
    Yeah, what's in the list? Hopefully Mayday Parade and Sugarcult!

    Gotta get hired to find out... because I know I ain't revealin' nothin'.
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited January 2012
    I sent an email a while ago, so I guess I might find out soon anyway
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    crash13;4607632 said:
    Yeah, what's in the list? Hopefully Mayday Parade and Sugarcult!

    we're currently working with fearless... so thats definitely not the accouncement.


    the song is pretty heavy, easily devils across g/b/d, and will probably have one of the top 5 double bass speed sections actually done by a human.

    and has too many fills to count
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited January 2012
    Zemanator;4607677 said:
    we're currently working with fearless... so thats definitely not the accouncement.


    the song is pretty heavy, easily devils across g/b/d, and will probably have one of the top 5 double bass speed sections actually done by a human.

    and has too many fills to count

    Please... the teasing makes my wait to see the list hurt more...
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited January 2012
    Do authors get to choose the songs they chart? Because if I decided to apply, and then was stuck charting metal, which I despise (personal opinion, no criticism toward fans), I'd jump off a roof,
  • machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    TheStuddz;4607697 said:
    Do authors get to choose the songs they chart? Because if I decided to apply, and then was stuck charting metal, which I despise (personal opinion, no criticism toward fans), I'd jump off a roof,
    Well, yes, you do get to choose the songs you work on. However, be aware that a LOT of our label partners tend towards the heavier music, so while we strive for variety in genres as much as we can, sometimes the majority of our tracks are metal.

    Also, be aware that while we allow TAG members to pick the parts they work on, it's sort of assumed that when a track really needs to get done, and there are parts nobody has signed up for, we all have a responsibility to pitch in, even if it's not something we're really passionate about authoring.


    Hopefully that answers your questions.

    TL;DR: You can choose not to chart metal, but you'll be missing out on a lot of work, and you may feel obligated to at some point anyway.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4607680 said:
    Please... the teasing makes my wait to see the list hurt more...


    but if i give it away, then the entire list might get leaked, and that consists of 26 bands.

    do you know how many people would get upset if I leak 26 bands who will make their first appearance on RB only to have the label back out at the last minute? too many :\
  • ASPMikeASPMike Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    Zemanator;4607748 said:
    but if i give it away, then the entire list might get leaked, and that consists of 26 bands.

    do you know how many people would get upset if I leak 26 bands who will make their first appearance on RB only to have the label back out at the last minute? too many :\


    Then tease MORE MORE MORE i say, lol
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited January 2012
    Zemanator;4607748 said:
    26 bands who will make their first appearance on RB

    Humanahumanahumanahumana...
  • SuperTigerMarioSuperTigerMario I'm not a hipster!
    edited January 2012
    This sounds cool. Good for the game really. Keep up the great work guys. I have no idea of how and no interest in charting anything but I look forward to the results. Just here to show support.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2012
    Yeah like Zeman said if we give one band away then you could easily figure out the entire label. None of this is super big named bands (so anyone thinking we landed Tooth and Nail, or Roadrunner, or something crazy like that will be disappointed).

    It looks pretty much like a done deal BUT until I have stems in my hands (figuratively speaking of course), I don't want to announce anything. I've actually had contracts signed and deals fell apart so I don't want to disappoint anyone that might be fans of the bands on this label if this does fall apart at the last minute.

    However there will most likely be an announcement for all of this (and more believe it or not) at the next RBN announcement thread (first friday of Feb), so look for it then.

    And as I've teased around other threads, this all happened by accident believe it or not.

    I went to the label looking for one specific band I was a fan of (yes it was a metal band and this is a predominantly metal label).

    They said oh you want to work with them here you go, oh and here's all this you can have to.

    70+ songs just like that.

    So to all the too much metal people...IT WAS AN ACCIDENT :P

    But I won't leave you entirely empty handed.

    Since the band has been talking about this on their website and this is going to hit testing in the morning...

    Here's a totally unannounced song that we're ummm... announcing now :P
    http://youtu.be/65EbjpC9mQE
Sign In or Register to comment.