Rock Band Decades: Hits of the 1980s

3pic81ueUnicorn3pic81ueUnicorn Not Active Enough
edited August 2012 in Your Ultimate Setlist
It's been a while since the last installment of the Rock Band Decades series. This game will feature only songs from the 1980s. Now time for a short general '80s summary:

The 1980s brought the transistion of Classic Rock to Modern Rock and the invention of hip hop and Pop. The 1980s also brought about the short-lived New Wave Era.

There is the short general '80s summary, here is the Rock Band Decades: Hits of the 1980s setlist.

* = Missing Guitar
* = Missing Bass
* = Missing Drums
* = Instrumental
* = Keys
* = Harmonies

"Private Idaho" * *
The B-52's
Wild Planet

“Heaven and Hell” *
Black Sabbath
Heaven and Hell

“Angels on the Balcony” * *
Blondie
Autoamerican

“Burnin’ For You” * *
Blue

Comments

• rocky713rocky713 Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    3pic81ueUnicorn;4608264 said:

* = Missing Guitar
    * = Missing Bass
    * = Missing Drums
    * = Instrumental
    * = Keys
    * = Harmonies
    What's the point of this if you never use it?
  • 3pic81ueUnicorn3pic81ueUnicorn Not Active Enough
    edited January 2012
    I do use it. If you check the other 2 Rock Band Decades setlists, you will see that I do. I just didn't have time to do it yesterday. I will probably finish it in the next few days.
    edited January 2012
    Oh, okay just wondering about that. In hindsight, you probably should have added that alltogether. Have the key when you have the asterisks.

As for the list itself, it's solid. The only thing that bother me is that the two Aerosmith songs (while debatable since it is mostly Run D.M.C rapping the vocals). I may buy it, but I'd say it needs a bit more Hair Metal. I would suggest "Live Wire" from Motley Crue.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited January 2012
    Ugh, Mr. Roboto.

And Beastie Boys hate Fight for Your Right, so they won't license it.
    edited January 2012
    rocky713;4609411 said:
    Oh, okay just wondering about that. In hindsight, you probably should have added that alltogether. Have the key when you have the asterisks.

Noted.
    rocky713;4609411 said:
    As for the list itself, it's solid. The only thing that bother me is that the two Aerosmith songs (while debatable since it is mostly Run D.M.C rapping the vocals). I may buy it, but I'd say it needs a bit more Hair Metal. I would suggest "Live Wire" from Motley Crue.

"Live Wire" definately represents Mötley Crue's metal sound. And for the Aerosmith and Run D.M.C. conundrum, I consider Run D.M.C.'s version of "Walk This Way" not by Aerosmith. Aerosmith just acts as a feature to the song. It's just like Yoko's credit on John Lennon's albums, they are only there for a small part. And as for Yoko, pretty much not where at all. Where was I? Oh yeah...
    GNFfhqwhgads;4609418 said:
    Ugh, Mr. Roboto.

I had a feeling you'd say that. I might change it if I find a better song. Just give me a minute...
    GNFfhqwhgads;4609418 said:
    And Beastie Boys hate Fight for Your Right, so they won't license it.

If GNF says it, it must be true. I changed it to "Rhymin and Stealin".
  • VidenBrenailVidenBrenail Unsigned
    edited January 2012
    How can you have an 80's list without a Toto song? :P

Africa - Toto. Hit #1 on the charts in 1983.
  • CanuckGamerCanuckGamer Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    How about replacing "Mr. Roboto" with "A.D. 1928/Rockin' The Paradise."
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    We have I Bleed already, along with the rest of Doolittle.
    edited January 2012
    VidenBrenail;4609679 said:
    How can you have an 80's list without a Toto song? :P

Africa - Toto. Hit #1 on the charts in 1983.

This makes a great replacement for "I Bleed".
    CanuckGamer;4609687 said:
    How about replacing "Mr. Roboto" with "A.D. 1928/Rockin' The Paradise."
    I'm feeling it.
    hiimSMAP;4609744 said:
    We have I Bleed already, along with the rest of Doolittle.
    Ok, fair enough. The Pixies are out, Toto is in.

Still anymore suggestions and feedback is still good.
    edited January 2012
    I just finished adding the asterisks for the 1980 songs. I planned on getting more done, but I have other things I need to do. I will do more later.

EDIT: 1981 - Check!
    edited January 2012
    Alright, I just finished adding the keys, harmonies, etc... so, yeah... Check it out.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited January 2012
    I did check it out. And it was awesome. Very well done sir. Or madam. Sorry, the Internet is rather anonymous.

These Decades games of yours should be real.
    edited January 2012
    TheStuddz;4613427 said:
    I did check it out. And it was awesome. Very well done sir. Or madam. Sorry, the Internet is rather anonymous.

These Decades games of yours should be real.
    First off, I am very much a guy. Secondly, thanks. Feedback is the only way to know if a setlist is good or not. Now I guess all that's left is to hope that Harmonix could make these games. I think they would sell pretty well. I think I'll let a poll determine that.
    edited January 2012
    I have started the Rock Band Decades: Hits of the 1990s today. Started out with 130 possible bands. I worked hard all day and I have now narrowed it down to 103, with 40 bands w/ songs already selected.
  • DanManRockerDanManRocker Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    Song suggestions!

Don’t You Remember Rock And Roll Radio? by The Ramones (Punk, 1980)- Punk feels lonely.
    What I Like About You by The Romantics (Rock, 1980)- Well, the part that is unique is the harmonica. How come there aren't more songs like "Crosstown Traffic"?
    Physical by Olivia Newton-John (Pop/Rock, 1981)- Even though it's a somewhat put-down song, I'm only suggesting because of the female singer thing, for those who want to sing this song without feeling weird, and for the Newtown-John fanbase.
    99 Luftballoons (Original Version) by Nena (New Wave, 1982)- Well, it's a song with a female lead singer, and it's also sung in German, like with "Du Hast".
    I Will Dare by The Replacements (Alternative, 1984)
    The Cheerleaders by The Minutemen(Alternative, 1985)- To satisfy the 80s Alternative genre.
    Nobody’s Fool by Cinderella (Glam, 1986)- Barely any glam here.
    Princes of The Universe by Queen (Classic Rock, 1986)- To me, one of the hardest melodies/vocals. It changes keys. And who can forget the guitar solo?!
    La Bamba by Los Lobos (Latin, 1987)- This genre never gets much attention.
    Love Shack by The B-52s (New Wave, 1989)- More female singers!
    Celebration by Kool And The Gang (Other, 1980)- Just for the "Other" genre.
    Shake A Tail Feather by Ray Charles (R&B/Soul/Funk, 1980)- Ray Charles does this song justice.
    Funkytown by Lipps. Inc. (R&B/Soul/Funk, 1980)- It's a good song.
    Heat of The Moment by Asia (Progressive, 1982) -For the prog rock.
    I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow (New Wave, 1982)- Another female singer.
    You’re The Best by Joe Esposito (Pop/Rock, 1984)- The Karate Kid song!
    Dancing In The Street by David Bowie and Mick Jagger (Rock, 1985)- Well, to be honest, even though this song has been mocked or so, it's a relatively enjoyable song.
    Don’t You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds (New Wave, 1985)- The Breakfast Club song!
    I Hate Myself For Loving You by Joan Jett (Punk Rock, 1988)- Female singer and also punk rock!

On another note, this is a good set-list too.
    edited January 2012
    DanManRocker;4622247 said:
    Don’t You Remember Rock And Roll Radio? by The Ramones (Punk, 1980)- Punk feels lonely.
    This is a great Punk pick. I should add some more punk songs.
    What I Like About You by The Romantics (Rock, 1980)- Well, the part that is unique is the harmonica. How come there aren't more songs like "Crosstown Traffic"?

An '80s classic.
    Physical by Olivia Newton-John (Pop/Rock, 1981)- Even though it's a somewhat put-down song, I'm only suggesting because of the female singer thing, for those who want to sing this song without feeling weird, and for the Newtown-John fanbase.

This song and it's video makes me violently ill.
    99 Luftballoons (Original Version) by Nena (New Wave, 1982)- Well, it's a song with a female lead singer, and it's also sung in German, like with "Du Hast".

I was thinking about adding this, but ultimately didn't. And I regret every second of it.
    I Will Dare by The Replacements (Alternative, 1984)

I'm not feeling this one too much.
    The Cheerleaders by The Minutemen(Alternative, 1985)- To satisfy the 80s Alternative genre.

Not this one either.
    Nobody’s Fool by Cinderella (Glam, 1986)- Barely any glam here.

It's ok.
    Princes of The Universe by Queen (Classic Rock, 1986)- To me, one of the hardest melodies/vocals. It changes keys. And who can forget the guitar solo?!

A great song, but I already have a Queen song on the list.
    La Bamba by Los Lobos (Latin, 1987)- This genre never gets much attention.

Latin should receive more attention. I think it's funny how this song isn't in Rock Band yet.
    Love Shack by The B-52s (New Wave, 1989)- More female singers!

I just sit here and think to myself, "Hmm, not as good as that other song".
    Celebration by Kool And The Gang (Other, 1980)- Just for the "Other" genre.

I think if you played this anywhere at anytime, everyone will get up and sing, even if they don't know the words.
    Shake A Tail Feather by Ray Charles (R&B/Soul/Funk, 1980)- Ray Charles does this song justice.

Yeah...No.
    Funkytown by Lipps. Inc. (R&B/Soul/Funk, 1980)- It's a good song.

I feel Alvin & the Chipmunks have permanently ruined this song.
    Heat of The Moment by Asia (Progressive, 1982) -For the prog rock.

Wonderful pick.
    I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow (New Wave, 1982)- Another female singer.

I don't like candy.
    You’re The Best by Joe Esposito (Pop/Rock, 1984)- The Karate Kid song!

Classic fight song!
    Dancing In The Street by David Bowie and Mick Jagger (Rock, 1985)- Well, to be honest, even though this song has been mocked or so, it's a relatively enjoyable song.
    I don't see why people mock this song. I think it's a pretty good song.
    Don’t You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds (New Wave, 1985)- The Breakfast Club song!

Yeah, who could forget this one?
    I Hate Myself For Loving You by Joan Jett (Punk Rock, 1988)- Female singer and also punk rock!

I gotta add this one!

A few of these songs I have to add, so thanks for the suggestions.
    edited January 2012
    Let me just say, I want this series to be made.

Also, I'm assuming you're working on some 90's music now. I have a few recommendations for that game.

"Break Stuff" by Limp Bizkit - When the LB pack came out, I was hoping to see this song. And, well, it wasn't there. I've never seen it on any other list than my own, so if you can be the second one to add it?
    Gangster Rap - Just a recommendation. The 90's brought some new genres, including gangster rap, which was prime to this era.
    "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion - When I think the 90's, I think of this. 'Nuff said.
    Goo Goo Dolls - In my personal opinion, this was the prime of their career. I still like the band, but the 90's had some of the best stuff. I'd recommend "Iris"

Just a few recommendations for thr 90's list. I love this 80's list, and I hope the 90's will be as good.
    edited January 2012
    rocky713;4623199 said:
    Let me just say, I want this series to be made.

Also, I'm assuming you're working on some 90's music now. I have a few recommendations for that game.

"Break Stuff" by Limp Bizkit - When the LB pack came out, I was hoping to see this song. And, well, it wasn't there. I've never seen it on any other list than my own, so if you can be the second one to add it?
    Gangster Rap - Just a recommendation. The 90's brought some new genres, including gangster rap, which was prime to this era.
    "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion - When I think the 90's, I think of this. 'Nuff said.
    Goo Goo Dolls - In my personal opinion, this was the prime of their career. I still like the band, but the 90's had some of the best stuff. I'd recommend "Iris"

Just a few recommendations for thr 90's list. I love this 80's list, and I hope the 90's will be as good.
    Actually, the '90s setlist is already complete. I have both "Break Stuff" and "Iris" on it. Plus I have some rap, but I only have one gangster rap song. I will though, have to look into the Celine Dion song. Here's the link to the '90s setlist:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227472
    edited January 2012
    I just added 7 new songs to the list, with the suggestions from DanManRocker.
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited January 2012

3pic81ueUnicorn;4623192 said:

I don't see why people mock this song. I think it's a pretty good song.

Check out the video. Then you'll understand why people mock the song.
    edited January 2012
    BevoTheWarrior;4623389 said:
    Check out the video. Then you'll understand why people mock the song.
    The video is indeed mockable, especially the South America part. But minus the video and South America, it's a pretty good song.
  • Gunsrock13Gunsrock13 Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    It has Fight Like A Brave so I would buy this game, lol. But there are a lot of other cool songs on here. I would buy this game if they ever made it.
    edited January 2012
    Gunsrock13;4623410 said:
    It has Fight Like A Brave so I would buy this game, lol. But there are a lot of other cool songs on here. I would buy this game if they ever made it.
    That's nice to hear. I'm glad I can satisfy your '80s tastes.
    edited February 2012
    With the release of "Every Rose Has It's Thorn" it looks there is a replacement needed. Insert some Celtic rock:

"I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" - The Proclaimers
  • gaiacatgaiacat Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    I would definately buy this. You had me at phil collins "in the air tonight." I agree that I would walk 500 miles would be a good replacement. Great job!!!
    edited February 2012
    gaiacat;4643850 said:
    I would definately buy this. You had me at phil collins "in the air tonight." I agree that I would walk 500 miles would be a good replacement. Great job!!!
    Thanks for the feedback.
  • man2harryman2harry Unsigned
    edited February 2012
    That Police song is okay, but I would rather see Voices Inside My Head. It's just one of those that seems really fun to play, with that repetitive (yet somehow funky) drumline. It's like Within You/Without You / Tomorrow Never Knows in that sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7mB7Opu6s0
    edited February 2012
    man2harry;4658941 said:
    That Police song is okay, but I would rather see Voices Inside My Head. It's just one of those that seems really fun to play, with that repetitive (yet somehow funky) drumline. It's like Within You/Without You / Tomorrow Never Knows in that sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7mB7Opu6s0

I think that "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da" is a better song that that one.
    edited March 2012
    And with "Down Under" coming next week, it's time to take it off the list.
  • CanuckGamerCanuckGamer Road Warrior
    edited March 2012
    Replace with "It's A Mistake?"