Askari Nari Authoring News & Announcements

AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
edited March 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Hey, what's up? I'm just starting this authoring company here. I'm like contacting bands and stuff, so, I'll put info about them here. All my songs that I'm releasing will be in my other thread and all the third-party bands I'm releasing will be here. Sound cool? Okay, here it goes:

~ A Sound of Thunder ~

Songs: TBD
Genre: Metal
Similar Artists: Iron Maiden

~ Bassilysk ~

Songs: Discovery - Preview Video
Genre: Dubstep

~ Beek ~

Songs: Funknium
Circuit Break
Don't Let 'Em
Check (Me Out) Sum
Archipelago
Pyramidium
(Robot) Lovers Rock
Genre: Chiptune
Similar Artists: Anamanaguchi

~ Cavities ~

Songs: Bookburner
Old Number 7
Flora, Fauna: Regression
Genre: Hardcore Punk
Similar Artists: Disfear

~ Cheshyre ~

Songs: Full Discorgraphy
Genre: Electronic
Similar Artists: Frog Pocket

~ Chipzel ~

~ Civil Civic ~

Genre: Seapunk/Electronic
Similar Artists: Unicorn Kid

~ Community Restoration ~

Songs: Targetted Individual - Gameplay Video (Coming Soon)
More TBD
Genre: Downtempo

~ Damascus ~

Songs: Entire Discography
Genre: Math Rock
Similar Artists: Giraffes? Giraffes!

~ Diederik De Jonge ~

Songs: Seven
Happenstance
You On My Mind
New Red Shoes
Breezin'
Bombora Banshee
Four Hours 'Till Sunrise
Far From Here
That Summer Feeling
Genre: Jazz
Similar Artists: Jerry Martin, Jean Luc-Ponty

~ Hurtdeer ~

Songs: Soul Caught In a Bear Trap
Genre: Drum 'n' Bass

~ Klax ~

Songs: Space Metal, More TBA
Full Albums: Recycle-billy Vol. 1
Genre: Rockabilly

Facebook

~ Nathaniel Whitlock ~

Songs: Snow Zombies [NSFR Mix]
Similar Artists: The Faint, Ben Lee

Bandcamp
iTunes
YouTube

~ People. . . Don't Panic ~

Songs: Thug Life
Walking Tall, Falling Short
Genre: Post-Hardcore/Mathcore
Similar Artists: Dance Gavin Dance

~ Peroxwhy?Gen ~

Songs: TBA
Genre: Experimental/Alternative Rock

~ Proventek ~

Songs: Selfish - Gameplay Video (Coming Soon)
Full Albums: W.O.B.
Genre: Industrial Rock
Similar Artists: Killing Joke, Eurythmics

Soundcloud

~ The Ravens of Byiva ~

Songs: TBA
Genre: Experimental Electronic

~ Realm of Mind ~

Songs: Fall of The Empire
Violet Sky
The Evolver
They Came From The Future
Lost Wonders
Empty Journal

~ SNMT ~

Songs: Hellgazing And Bloodlust [Feat. Askari Nari]
Genre: Noise, No-Wave
Similar Artists: Merzbow

~ The Speed of Sound In Sea Water ~

Genre: Math Rock
Similar Artists: This Town Needs Guns

~ The Static Din ~

Songs: In The Cool Blue Light
The Ebenezer Gospel Spectacular
LakeShore Lust
Genre: Lo-fi Alternative
Similar Artists: Daniel Johnston

~ Sunnyfield Lane ~

Songs: Antarctica
Full Albums: Upcoming EP
Genre: Folk
Similar Artists: Crosby, Stills, & Nash

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Bandcamp

~ Venetian Snares ~

Songs: Horsey Noisers
My So-Called Life
Hello9/Goodbye10
Crashing The Yogurt Truck
Seqsy
Genre: Symphonic Breakcore
Label: Planet Mu

~ Xyloid ~

Songs: Caviar
Diatom
Sonar
Topaz War
The Monster Inside
Search & Destroy
Genre: Electronic (Chiptune/Seapunk)
Similar Artists: Chipocrite, Fire For Effect

~ Yogurt With Sprinkles ~

Songs: Version 2 - Gameplay Video
Death By Chocolate
Similar Artists: Shylo Elliot, Jaco Leostale

Bandcamp
Newgrounds

More to be announced (hopefully).

Comments

• DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited January 2012
    dragoninforcer;4610487 said:
    Oh sorry, I forgot the /sarcasm at the end of my sentence.

lol

I knew u were not being serious (well i was hoping) but had to tell ya anyway XD.
    And it just sounds unappetizing.... i don't like yogurt though.
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    I have a pretty sweet announcement lined up for tomorrow for an obscure folk band I found on YouTube. They're going to get into a music studio in a couple weeks to get really high-quality stems prepared for this, and unless I'm mistaken, one of their tracks will will be one of the first tracks in Rock Band to prominently feature mandolin (the only other one I can think of is Piano Man, I think that's it).

Anyways, if you like Crosby, Stills, & Nash and Foster The People, you will like this group. Not a fan of indie folk? I've got a few more things that are more in the works, the closest to happening is a German industrial rock group, other than that there's some Inspirational music, Breakcore, and some conventional Alternative Rock among others.
    edited January 2012
    Announcements Time!

Like I mentioned in my above post, I've worked out a deal to bring several original tracks by a, indie folk band to the RBN! The band is Sunnyfield Lane and the first track I will be bringing is their original show "Antarctica." The band will be heading into a recording studio soon to record even more original tracks to bring to the RBN. You can download the current version of "Antarctica" from the Mediafire link in the YouTube video of their performance of the track. Also, check out those awesome harmonies and mandolin work.

Facebook
    Twitter
    YouTube
    Bandcamp
    Antarctica

Similar Artists: Mumford And Sons (Kind of)
    Foster The People
    Crosby, Stills & Nash
    Jefferson Airplane (Not their hard rock stuff, but Wooden Ships stuff for sure)

Another announcement! Coincidentally this announcement is also for a song about cold, weird, right? Anyways, I'm teaming up with Nathaniel Whitlock to remix his track "Snow Zombies" for release for Rock Band. Hopefully this song will be out in time for you to enjoy it next Winter. You can check out the original version below (I haven't finished remixing it yet).

Bandcamp
    iTunes
    YouTube
    Snow Zombies (Original Version)

Similar Artists: The Faint (Kind of)
    Ben Lee (Kind of)
    MC Lars (If he did primarily synth pop type stuff)

One more announcement! I'm proud to announce that I will working with German artist Proventek to bring his industrial rock track "Selfish" to the RBN! The track is a lot mellower than popular industrial bands KMFDM or Rammstein, but it's still a pretty awesome track (and that's coming from someone who considers their self an industrial music snob). Also, the artist is interested in bring more tracks, but he wants to hear from you which tracks to bring, so check out his Soundcloud and tell what tracks you'd like to play, but note that he isn't interested in bringing any of his Sonatas to the game.

Soundcloud
    Selfish

Similar Artists: Killing Joke
    Eurythmics (Think a less poppy Sweet Dreams)

Final announcement! This isn't exactly RBN related, but I'd like to announce that I've just finished my new double album "Restart/Washing Machine Lullabyes." Included on the first one is some of my experiments in progressive rock music including the track A Skeleton Key Eulogy which is in testing on Creators right now. The second half is a collection of heavy industrial tracks, including I'm Hearing Voice, which is my first track to feature myself on vocals. As always, you can get them for free from my Bandcamp.

Restart
    Washing Machine Lullabyes

Similar Artists: N/A

OP will be updated soon, and I have more stuff in the works and a huge list of bands I'm going to contact. Keep in touch for more info as it becomes available.
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    I was thinking, should we call it "Snow Zombies: The Remix."? I thought it would be more interesting having "The Remix". Just sayin', you can name it whatever you want.
  • edited January 2012
    That Sunnyfield Lane sounds promising. I'm looking forward to it.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited January 2012
    MagicMurderBag7;4616769 said:

I agree. Indie folk is always good.
    edited January 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4615214 said:
    I was thinking, should we call it "Snow Zombies: The Remix."? I thought it would be more interesting having "The Remix". Just sayin', you can name it whatever you want.

Don't worry, I always give my remixes interesting remix titles.
    MagicMurderBag7;4616769 said:
    Yeah, I was rather surprised myself when they responded and even more surprised when they were totally into it.

Anyways, I've experienced a rather fortunate twist of fate, and I may have something x-treme to announce soon. I'll keep this thread updated as soon as I can release more information.
  • dragoninforcerdragoninforcer UnWashed
    edited January 2012
    Can't wait to find out what this "fortunate twist of fate" is.
    edited January 2012
    dragoninforcer;4617938 said:
    Can't wait to find out what this "fortunate twist of fate" is.

I just got an email back that confirmed that it is in fact happening, so be prepared for a big announcement in the Friday thread. And believe me when I say this will be louder than a whisper in the wind.
  • edited January 2012
    I'm getting excited to see what this is. I saw a piece of info over on the Creators forums that lead me to believe that this will be a big deal.
    edited January 2012
    The 70's you say? That narrows it down to..... a lot.
    edited January 2012
    Oh, perhaps I should be more clear, this isn't about that band (sadly it looks like that band won't be happening due to expensive costs of digitizing the masters among other things); why, this band hasn't even released an album yet although they having been recording since 2003 (I think. Is that right? Just looked it up, it's right). I have been giving hints in my posts even though I think they've been a little too vague. Well, I guess I should be a little more modest about this, but I like the hype I'm generating!
    edited January 2012
    Well now I have no clue what the news is and the suspense is killing me! ah!
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited January 2012
    This announcement thread is going to kick butt. Of course I work all day. :(
    edited February 2012
    I'm going to update this thread eventually with the new artists, but until then, enjoy this remix of Snow Zombies, which will be released to the RBN (with all samples in the intro intact, except for the Willy Wonka one).

Nathaniel Whitlock - Snow Zombies [NSFR Mix] (Feat. Askari Nari)
    edited February 2012
    Wow, that song sounds sick. Definitely a first day buy for me.
    edited February 2012
    Woah! That was awesome!!! Great job! :D
    edited February 2012
    dragoninforcer;4636808 said:

Linked in OP.

Also, OP updated with more recent information.
    edited March 2012
    Ugh, keeping the OP updated is a lot harder than it seems. It's a little updated, but not completely. So, announcement time? I think it's announcement time!

So, how about that Jazz music? Well, I'm proud to announce that Askari Nari Authoring is teaming up with Indonesian Jazz composer Diederik De Jonge to release nine Jazz tracks! Want to hear samples of them? Check the links below, bro.

You On My Mind
    New Red Shoes
    Happenstance
    Breezin'
    Seven
    Bombora Banshee
    Four Hours Till Sunrise
    Far From Here
    That Summer Feeling

Official site
    Twitter
    Last.Fm
    CD Baby
  • edited March 2012
    Hmm. Cant get SoundCloud to work on my Kindle but I'm sure they're great and it's awesome that he likes the idea of RBN so much that he gave you so many songs.
    edited March 2012
    Sounds cool. Definitely worth listening to and picking up.
  • Svarta VargSvarta Varg Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    hey askari can you try to get ozella music to bring over some of their bands like
    Trio Bravo+
    Helge Lien Trio
    Fattigfolket
    Edgar Knecht
    Karl Seglem

would love to get these ones inparticular on rock band i really love trio bravo+
    i assume this would be the best way to contact the label http://www.ozellamusic.com/2.0.html?&L=1
    edited March 2012
    Svarta Varg;4676140 said:
    hey askari can you try to get ozella music to bring over some of their bands like
    Trio Bravo+
    Helge Lien Trio
    Fattigfolket
    Edgar Knecht
    Karl Seglem

would love to get these ones inparticular on rock band i really love trio bravo+
    i assume this would be the best way to contact the label http://www.ozellamusic.com/2.0.html?&L=1

Sent them an email, I wouldn't be surprised if I don't get a reply though. If I don't I'll probably try the artists themselves.
  • Svarta VargSvarta Varg Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    edited April 2012
    So... When do we get video previews?
    edited April 2012
    DeferredGalaxy3;4696503 said:
    So... When do we get video previews?

I've only gotten Version 2, Snow Zombies, and Selfish into testing, so those are the only ones I can get previews made for (since I have to trade playtests for videos due to not owning a capture card). I was going to wait until I could get the chart for Snow Zombies tested and polished a little before making a video (the chart right now has some issues that I've already found, so there's most likely something that'll be caught in playtesting). When I get the V2 of it into playtest I'll get a full video made.
    edited April 2012
    AskariNari;4697147 said:
    I've only gotten Version 2, Snow Zombies, and Selfish into testing, so those are the only ones I can get previews made for (since I have to trade playtests for videos due to not owning a capture card). I was going to wait until I could get the chart for Snow Zombies tested and polished a little before making a video (the chart right now has some issues that I've already found, so there's most likely something that'll be caught in playtesting). When I get the V2 of it into playtest I'll get a full video made.

Okay, thanks.
    edited April 2012
    To everyone: Tomorrow is the monthly announcement thread and I've got at least 12 announcements lined up (make that 13 now), and there might even be more if things come together before then. Look out for my announcement, but just note that they might not be until night on the east coast.

Edit: Oh no, I forgot the hints! I'll just list the genres of the artists in the order I'm announcing them (along with a hint for some of them):

Metal - You can see this band's album art in this thread.
    Seapunk
    Drum & Bass
    Chill Ambient
    Technical Death Electro-Jazz - This group is writing music in a whole new realm of mind.
    Lo-Fi Americana
    Experimental Electronic - He posts on these forums!
    Progressive Math Rock
    Math Rock - They released a double-album named after two Pokemon games.
    Psychobilly
    Jazz
    Chiptune
    edited April 2012
    Looking forward to it!