RBN songs appearing in XBL store but not in-game or www.rockband.com list?

bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
edited January 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Apologies if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find anything.

Recently I downloaded "The Stache" by Jonathan Coulton via the XBL store. However, I don't see the song listed in the in-game store, or on the rockband.com website.

I noticed the same thing with the new version of "Still Alive" featuring Sara Quin -- although eventually this did appear in the in-game store as well.

Anyone know what's going on?

Comments

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited January 2012
    After the store updates, it doesn't do so for another week, so if a song releases even a moment after the store updates, don't expect to see it in the in-game store until the following week.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2012
    It's in the in game store. I listened to the preview about two hours ago.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    The Stache was released a few days ago and was in today's store update. I bought it myself a couple of hours ago.
  • bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    I bought it a few days ago, and was all like "awesome, ranked #2 on expert pro drums on a sight read!". Then I looked at the leaderboard, and there were 2 entries :)
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    bclewis;4611499 said:
    Recently I downloaded "The Stache" by Jonathan Coulton via the XBL store. However, I don't see the song listed in the in-game store, or on the rockband.com website.
    The "official" release date for that song was 1/19, and songs usually don't appear on the website until the day after.
    http://www.rockband.com/songs/UGC_5008791
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    As soon as a song passes Peer Review, it goes into a quarantine period for no more than three days. After those 3 days, the song is released on the XBL marketplace.

However, songs don't get officially released until the next Thursday after their marketplace drop. So you won't find them in the RB3 in-game store or on the site until the official release.

Songs like this are "buy at your own risk" because there's a chance the song could get pulled for whatever reason, and you'd end up paying for a new version of the song once it pops up again (RBN songs can't be patched or updated). So if you see an RBN song you want on XBL but it's not on this site or in the in-game store, I recommend waiting until the official release to grab it.
    edited January 2012
    ricecake;4612505 said:
    The "official" release date for that song was 1/19, and songs usually don't appear on the website until the day after.

I was mostly surprised it was available in the XBL store so much sooner. I bought it from XBL on 1/13, after first noticing it (I think) on 1/12.

I recall RBN songs didn't used to appear in XBL store at all.
    edited January 2012
    Arcanon;4612587 said:
    So if you see an RBN song you want on XBL but it's not on this site or in the in-game store, I recommend waiting until the official release to grab it.

Good point, I'll try to be more patient next time I see something I want pop up in XBL :)
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    bclewis;4612593 said:
    I was mostly surprised it was available in the XBL store so much sooner. I bought it from XBL on 1/13, after first noticing it (I think) on 1/12.

I recall RBN songs didn't used to appear in XBL store at all.
    Yes, the release timing for RBN stuff is kind of unique. Sometimes it will show up early, but then pulled because there was something wrong with it. That's why people recommend waiting until they are officially released before purchasing.

RBN songs used to show up in the store, then they didn't, and then they did again.
    edited January 2012
    ricecake;4616101 said:
    RBN songs used to show up in the store, then they didn't, and then they did again.

Yeah, I kinda preferred it when they didn't, it clutters up the "newly released add-ons" list -- especially with trial versions of every song, and often also the 2x bass versions as well.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2012
    Because even though Harmonix only officially puts songs into the in game store on Thursdays, they actually show up about 72ish hours after they pass review.

This is online at xbox.com and in the xbl store.

So if a song passes on Thursday night, then it should show up everywhere BUT the in game store around Sunday night.

NOW having said that the reason Harmonix only officially releases songs on Thursday is because once a song passes it needs to be looked over internally, and mistakes can be found, resulting in the song getting pulled, and a new version put into review.

So unless a song is officially in the in game store via HMX you run the risk of buying a song that might have an issue and get pulled.

So buyer beware.