RBN DLC Discussion: 1/19/2012 (Xbox), 1/24/2012 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited January 2012 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 1/19/2012

Country

Jaron and the Long Road to Love - "Pray For You" (160 MSP)

Indie Rock

Channel - "Dos Impar" (160 MSP)
Oh My! - "Twenty One" (80 MSP)
Silent House - "Nightfall" (80 MSP)

Metal

Alestorm - "Shipwrecked" (160 MSP)
A Plea for Purging - "Heart Of A Child" (80 MSP)
Coldera - "Melodicus Counterpointus" (160 MSP)
Devin Townsend - "Planet Smasher (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Halcyon Way - "Inside Looking Out (The Icon & the Ghost)" (80 MSP)
Halcyon Way - "The System" (80 MSP)
Machinae Supremacy - "Indiscriminate Murder is Counter-Productive" (160 MSP)
Morbid Angel - "Existo Vulgor

Comments

• SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited January 2012
    Lex said he was most stoked for next week for one of the PS3 RBN songs. Wonder which one.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited January 2012
    I have recently released some info on the song "Night," which has had the guitar and keys parts swapped since the last preview video. For a proposal of what I could do for those that liked the insane keys, here's a link:

Here.
  • MegaIronDragonDethMegaIronDragonDeth Post Ratio > 3 a Day
    edited January 2012
    I'm getting:

Alestorm
    Coldera
    Solution .45

Edit: forgot, I'm also getting Night by Gigakoops
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited January 2012
    I haven't heard of any except Free Spirit (ps3). But when i listened... I'm getting all.
    Great sounding week. Very excited to sing these especially.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2012
    SheSaidSheSaid;4611574 said:
    Lex said he was most stoked for next week for one of the PS3 RBN songs. Wonder which one.

Most likely Nevermore...but not 100% on that one.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    solution .45, asbestos, two halcyon way tracks, plea for purging, and Oh My!...

I hate being biased but its hard not to be with so much awesome coming out next week
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4611644 said:
    Tetrafusion is more proggy.
  • FinalAeonFinalAeon Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    Wow, my two most wanted songs in two subsequent weeks! Well, actually I haven't got a chance for Vangough yet but with all the delays, I'm gonna be buying a huge amount of DLC next week, many of which are RBN songs from past weeks.

But enough complaining, Now Or Never made it over! I'm very, very grateful, HMX. I'll still keep posting my most requested songs, but I don't even care as much about any of the upcoming songs, so I won't make a fuss if they don't come over immediately (or at all). Will give Nevermore and Tetrafusion a view, as they are also potential buys for me this week.
  • edited January 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4611644 said:

Absolutely correct. Great song, and that drum chart looks fun as hell.

Tetrafusion sounds cool, but looks way too hard on drums and keys to be any fun for a mediocre player like myself.

Really digging that new Pythia song as well. Hope the both of them will make it over to the PS3.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited January 2012
    I'll be getting the tracks by Oh My!, Bright Midnight, Jaron and the Long Road To Love and Jonathan Coulton. I think that may be the most RBN songs I buy in one week. Awesome.

I was excited to see three songs in the "Indie Rock" section. Unfortunately, they weren't really my taste. However, the Oh My! track is my favorite RBN track in months. I may also pick up the Channel song eventually.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    These are the ones I got:

Oh My! - "Twenty One"
    Alestorm - "Shipwrecked"
    Psychostick - "BEER!!"
    The Asbestos - "Lights, Camera, and Action"
    Los Noelia - "M.O.N.O.S"
    Jonathan Coulton - "The Stache"

Great week, very varied.
  • metalfenixmetalfenix Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    Oh my god...two solution .45 songs on RBN in 360...that's why sometimes I hate having RB3 for PS3. I wish to see them someday on PS3 .... :(
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    Stagehands, Free Spirit and Mind at Risk for PS3. A good week, save for the delays.
    edited January 2012
    metalfenix;4612454 said:
    Oh my god...two solution .45 songs on RBN in 360...that's why sometimes I hate having RB3 for PS3. I wish to see them someday on PS3 .... :(

I believe at least Leathean will come over. I think it's doing fairly well... hopefully Harmonix does bring it over.. was really fun to sing. I have Rb3 on both xbox and ps3.
  • CielNuitCielNuit Unsigned
    edited January 2012
    I'll be getting Shipwrecked by Alestorm. One of my favorite bands!
    I was very excited to see them on the RBN. This is great because I'll be seeing them for the third time in April :)
  • MegaIronDragonDethMegaIronDragonDeth Post Ratio > 3 a Day
    edited January 2012
    That song by Coldera is really fun on guitar. I'd recomend it to anyone who likes guitar virtuosos.
  • JaymayoJaymayo Unsigned
    edited January 2012
    Just downloaded "Pray for You" by Jaron and the Long Road to Love. If you like country, this is one of those Gems. Catchy, and really easy to listen too. Thanks RBN
  • machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    Jaymayo;4618344 said:
    Just downloaded "Pray for You" by Jaron and the Long Road to Love. If you like country, this is one of those Gems. Catchy, and really easy to listen too. Thanks RBN

Also, the lyrics are much, much, much darker than I expected them to be when I saw the song title. In a kind of funny way.
    edited January 2012
    Got them all, but had to deleted Tetrafusion.. after a playthrough on all the instruments that song did nothing for me and i'm trying to conserve space for songs i'll actually play.
  • RycheMaidenPS3RycheMaidenPS3 Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    Thank you very much HMX, for bringing Free Spirit's "Strangers" to PS3. It's one of their best songs, in my opinion. Hopefully, the RB3 version of their "Far Away From Heaven" is next up on your list! =) Thanks again, guys.
  • BathTubBathTub Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    No new thread?