What happen to the RBN for WII

JOey-CageJOey-Cage Opening Act
edited January 2012 in The Rock Band Network
i have been searching and found some AWESOME songs but when i search them its Xbox platform only???? whats going on. come of the best metal songs are on RBN. Can't the Wii access them anymore?

Comments

• machetemonkeymachetemonkey Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    Because the RBN tracks weren't selling well on the Wii.

It was a huge time/work/effort commitment for HMX to port over the Rock Band Network tracks to the Wii, and the low sales made it so they couldn't justify continuing it.

The Rock Band Network only has functionality on the Xbox 360, because it runs through Microsoft's XNA platform. In order for the Wii/PS3 to access RBN tracks (as opposed to official HMX dlc) is for HMX to port the songs over themselves. And with 15+ songs released every week, HMX can't port them all. So that's the reason you see things as Xbox exclusive.
  • edited January 2012
    The RBN songs didn't sell well enough for it to be worth the time to port them on the Wii.
  • JOey-CageJOey-Cage Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    i am a very sad man right now. i just wana scream WTF!!!!!! comon now! but i understand and will just say ...... man that blows for me :(
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited January 2012
    They stopped about a year ago, but for some reason at least three people have been asking about it over the past two days.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    They probably finished the latest Zelda and have nothing else to play now.
  • emsegsemsegs Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    If you want RBN, go Xbox. If you want some RBN, but missing out on many Xbox-Exclusive songs, go PS3.
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    Well, to be honest, I have a Wii, and I don't buy very much RBN. They only had, like, two artists I liked. It wasn't until RBN2 until they got artists I liked, but it was too late. It is us Wii users' fault it got shut down.

Also, fun fact: I didn't even know they had RBN songs on the wii, until like, March, and it was already cancelled. :P Sucks for me.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    I bought RBN whenever I could when it was going on but it's been 369 days since it was stopped (January 18th) I still buy RBN because there's plenty of great tracks there that people overlooked