My RB Nightmare!!

LordRavenBajaLordRavenBaja Mellow Out!!!
edited January 2012 in Rock Band
It happened, the worst thing that I could have thought for my RB world. My HD crashed! I lost everything. All of my game progress, all 151 songs gold stared, 100% FC's gone. Over 2000 stars, gone.

My 700 song library, poof! It will take me 3-5 days to download everything again. I started about 1am last night and am up to a bit over 300. I just set up all of my packs and a BF3 update to run through the night.

Thankfully, DICE rocks and keeps my high scores, so at least it's not a total loss. I had some gold star songs that I don't think I can repeat. I was on fire one night and pulled off some stuff I haven't been able to touch since.

Comments

• SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    Well, hey, that's not too bad! As long as you can still play.

I'm in a constant fear of RB/GH instruments eventually becoming impossible to find. Once that happens, that'll be a real nightmare.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    Activision will release a new GH this year and flood the market with cheap plastic guitars for sure.
  • LordRavenBajaLordRavenBaja Mellow Out!!!
    edited January 2012
    It would be nice for GH to release another, but they are done. I thought they sold their rights to the RB people even. I keep hearing talk about RB4, so I have to believe there will be another round of guitars. But I do know what you mean. I have a wooden Strat and could never go back to a standard controller. I really should buy a second one for a spare.

Oh, and sorry on the DICE reference, that should be HMX. Playing too much BF3 lately.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    ^ I have been where you are, and from the bottom of my heart, I am sorry. I had some cool scores and had played a lot when I lost my ps3. It has taken a while to catch up, but I had no where near the gold star achievements you had.

Though you say you may never be able to repeat some of those gold star accomplishments, I would guess that if you did it before, you will be able to do it again at some point. Never give up!!!

When I said that " I lost my Ps3" I sounded like I'd suffered the death of a friend. I guess thats pretty much how it felt at the time :(
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited January 2012
    Pankrazzo;4622161 said:
    Activision will release a new GH this year and flood the market with cheap plastic guitars for sure.

My fear there is that they will remove the compatibility with Rock Band games somehow just to help stick the knife in.

That said, I am betting that since GH is supposedly releasing a new game this year that HMX is stoked. GH had a much better advertising scheme than HMX does(doesn't?) and may help resurrect the music game genre.
    At that point HMX can ride the pig and grab some new audience.

Just in case (I saw this coming a year ago) I have stocked up on guitars and purchased a couple sets of midi adapters for e drums and a real midi keyboard.

Retail is pretty much a fail these days. Hit pawn shops and second hand stores ...instruments are all over the place ....cheap!
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited January 2012
    oh yeah? well try over 2000 songs and your ps3 being stolen, the store is messed up, time to do it all, and pretty much just not playing anymore because of it, too limited to sit there for hours downloading and installing, pretty much the theft killed my rock band addiction.
    edited January 2012
    Damn, 2000 songs, that would kill me!! I'm at just over 550 now, so I'm most of the way to at least getting all of my songs back. I'm not sure that would kill my addiction though, I play a lot. The drums are one of my exercise outlets, so I'd have to replace everything.

Last night was a good night for me. I ended up gold staring a couple of songs that I had not before, so that was cool. It sure is discouraging though to see a such a blank list next to my songs. I was getting used to all of those pretty gold stars! I think I'll be able to at least FC Simple Man again. I missed 2 notes last night 700 notes in, damn it!

Just thought I'd add an interesting note. This process turned out to be a bonus. I had 693 songs before this happened. Now, without buying anything new, I've ended up with 708. I'm not sure how that happened, but it turns out that I had DLC that I didn't have on my HD. COOL!!!
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited January 2012
    SeymourDuncan17;4622160 said:
    Well, hey, that's not too bad! As long as you can still play.

I'm in a constant fear of RB/GH instruments eventually becoming impossible to find. Once that happens, that'll be a real nightmare.

Basically the Xbox360 Rock Band 3 drum kit is... I've been searching online for 2 days.. everyones out of stock/backordered/don't sell it.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited January 2012
    master2uall;4622592 said:
    oh yeah? well try over 2000 songs and your ps3 being stolen, the store is messed up, time to do it all, and pretty much just not playing anymore because of it, too limited to sit there for hours downloading and installing, pretty much the theft killed my rock band addiction.

Yeah i redownloaded 1700 songs and it took almost 3 days with my crappy internet.(Yes i sat an entire day too downstairs downloading.. and it WAS NOT fun)
    edited January 2012
    I'm in a similar boat, my internet is the not the fastest. I just loaded up the queue with my last songs, so it's been a full 2 days of downloading. I still have a couple of other games to get, Halo: Reach is 6.5gigs. But I'm done with my music finally, now that the weekend is over!
    edited January 2012
    I bought an ION set. If you play a lot, it was a pretty good purchase. Although, all be said and done, I play a ton. I should have bought a real set and the MIDI adapt. I've been replacing my cymbals with real ones from a real electronic kit. They plug right in without any issues.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    thanks to this thread for reminding me to backup my save game data next time i play RB. for a while there, while i was nearing completionist, i got so paranoid that i'd backup my game data every time i completed a new goal. but since i stopped acquiring new goals, i've gotten lax on the backups. might not help with re-downloading DLC, but at least my scores and game progress won't disappear.
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    i had a nightmare that all my dlc was replaced with linkin park and nickelback.
    edited January 2012
    tnevaker;4624441 said:
    thanks to this thread for reminding me to backup my save game data next time i play RB. for a while there, while i was nearing completionist, i got so paranoid that i'd backup my game data every time i completed a new goal. but since i stopped acquiring new goals, i've gotten lax on the backups. might not help with re-downloading DLC, but at least my scores and game progress won't disappear.
    I want to back up my save game data, but since I have no idea how to actually do that, I'm hesitant to go messing around with stuff. Perhaps you can explain in a few words what steps I need to go through to do this? I have anxiety about losing my ps3 again. This would be a great help. Thx.
  • boodeanboodean Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    Yea i got a simalar problem. My old ps3 [fat] got red light of death and lost everthing , i got a new ps3[slim] redownloaded 695 dlc started all over and dlc all skipped, contacted sony, thay said deleat hard drive and send it in. I did that got it back and redownloaded 695 dlc play 3 songs and guess what skipping again. Now hmx said i have to deleat the cache and redownload again, 695 song. I'm really getting piss about this
  • HitoshuraHitoshura Unsigned
    edited January 2012
    tnevaker;4624441 said:
    I do the very same thing. If somehow my HDD were to die, I could download all my DLC again from my history, but that save game file would be lost forever. rkbdgurl, on Xbox I just copy the file onto a memory stick, but I'm not sure if you can do the same on PS3.
  • edited January 2012
    rkbdgurl;4624733 said:
    I want to back up my save game data, but since I have no idea how to actually do that, I'm hesitant to go messing around with stuff. Perhaps you can explain in a few words what steps I need to go through to do this? I have anxiety about losing my ps3 again. This would be a great help. Thx.

Plug a thumb drive into your PS3.

Go to your game save data file and hit triangle, then copy, then select the thumb drive as the destination.

Save is now backed up.
    edited January 2012
    Bless you Doc. I just needed someone to make it simple and painless. I can do this. Thank you.
  • edited January 2012
    rkbdgurl;4625010 said:
    Bless you Doc. I just needed someone to make it simple and painless. I can do this. Thank you.
    Glad to help.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    Hitoshura;4624905 said:
    I do the very same thing. If somehow my HDD were to die, I could download all my DLC again from my history, but that save game file would be lost forever. rkbdgurl, on Xbox I just copy the file onto a memory stick, but I'm not sure if you can do the same on PS3.

yeah, you better. 1 song away from completing all the goals, if you were to lose that save game file now, you'd have to commit seppuku or something.
    edited January 2012
    Hitoshura;4624905 said:

Interesting antidote on this issue. There is another thread, in the RBN room, talking about Guitar Sounds. When I went to re-download it off of my history list, it would come up with an error. HMX responded letting me know that the author pulled the song. Now I'm basically out the song. That is why backing up your entire drive is so important.