Cannot download RBNetwork song, "Guitar Sound" by Ronald Jenkees

WarbirdWarbird Unsigned
edited August 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Cannot download RBNetwork song, "Guitar Sound" by Ronald Jenkees.
It should be a RBNetwork song, but I cannot find it in the store.

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited January 2012
    Seems like it got pulled since Ronald never got paid his royalties. It's even removed from the site, so you can't even download it from there like you can with Atomic and whatnot.
  • LordRavenBajaLordRavenBaja Mellow Out!!!
    edited January 2012
    I paid for it, so HMX should either provide me access to the song or credits for the original purchase if that is the case.
    edited January 2012
    LordRavenBaja;4623284 said:
    I paid for it, so HMX should either provide me access to the song or credits for the original purchase if that is the case.
    Harmonix wasn't responsible for the song even going up, and when you downloaded it, you agreed that you knew it could be removed at owner discretion. Try again.
    edited January 2012
    And HMX wonders why they cannot sell more DLC. Caveat emptor. Ironic that the economy that created this saying collapsed!!!

GNF, I understood the user agreement, but that doesn't make it right. It is an extremely poor business practice to take money from your customers and not be able to provide them with the product. Return business is required to continue to be in business. Situations such as this make customers question returning for additional business. It becomes self defeating.

What this situation really tells me is that I need to back up my songs.
  • edited January 2012
    It was pulled by the owner. I think this is more of a Microsoft issue then a HMX one. Try contacting Xbox support.
    edited January 2012
    LordRavenBaja;4623485 said:
    And HMX wonders why they cannot sell more DLC.
    They do?
    GNF, I understood the user agreement, but that doesn't make it right.
    Tough, you agreed to it. It's not their fault you chose not to read it and make wild assumptions about music downloads(as if such a thing has never been of varying stability before).
    It is an extremely poor business practice to take money from your customers and not be able to provide them with the product. Return business is required to continue to be in business. Situations such as this make customers question returning for additional business. It becomes self defeating.
    Yeah, that's why DRM for music stopped being standard YEARS ago.

Oh wait, no it didn't. Hey, iTunes, heard you went under 'cause of your ****ty DRM practices. What's that? You made a record-breaking 1.5 BILLION dollars in a single quarter last year? Impossible, that's not how I said you should work at all!
    MagicMurderBag7;4623487 said:
    It was pulled by the owner. I think this is more of a Microsoft issue then a HMX one. Try contacting Xbox support.
    Ronald never got paid for it, so it couldn't stay up, apparently.
  • edited January 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4623496 said:

Ronald never got paid for it, so it couldn't stay up, apparently.
    Whoops. You're right I had this thread confused with the one where the guy wanted to re-download it.
    edited January 2012
    GNF, are you sure you know how to read? I stated plainly that I know the user agreement. I also know the price of gas, and don't like that either, yet I still buy it.

I also know that I create backup copies for my downloaded music, I'll just have to do the same for my RB DLC. It is truly less of a deal to me then you are making it out to be. Use someone else to portray your anger and just Mellow Out!!!
    edited January 2012
    LordRavenBaja;4623666 said:
    GNF, are you sure you know how to read? I stated plainly that I know the user agreement. I also know the price of gas, and don't like that either, yet I still buy it.
    I never said you didn't know the user agreement. Not sure why your go to response is, "Do you know how to read?" when it's never relevant. I said don't ***** about things you use as if that's going to do anything. If you don't like something, speak with your wallet, because why would Microsoft care about your words?
    I also know that I create backup copies for my downloaded music, I'll just have to do the same for my RB DLC.
    Which is illegal.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited January 2012
    LordRavenBaja;4623666 said:
    I also know that I create backup copies for my downloaded music, I'll just have to do the same for my RB DLC.
    Irrelevant hyperbole. Guitar Sound was not removed from your library, only you can manually remove it. And if you do a transfer license, it's still on your hard drive and you can still play the song offline
    edited January 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4623702 said:
    I never said you didn't know the user agreement. Not sure why your go to response is, "Do you know how to read?" when it's never relevant. I said don't ***** about things you use as if that's going to do anything. If you don't like something, speak with your wallet, because why would Microsoft care about your words?

Which is illegal.

It's illegal to back up your hard drive? Man, someone better tell Microsoft that their Cloud back up service that they sell across the Xbox console is breaking GNF's laws. And the 360gig USB backup card they sell on Xbox.com is illegal.

And then, they should shut down X5, HP, Dell, IBM, Network Appliance, and Cisco because they all sell backup services. And you may as well shut AT&T Network Services, XO Communications, and Savvis because their entire business models are built on backup services.
    edited January 2012
    I never said backups were universally illegal. Solid effort, though. Speaking of, how's it going putting all your DLC on the Xbox Cloud? Oh, that's right, you can't have any DLC on the Xbox Cloud.
    edited January 2012
    GNFfhqwhgads;4623781 said:
    I never said backups were universally illegal. Solid effort, though. Speaking of, how's it going putting all your DLC on the Xbox Cloud? Oh, that's right, you can't have any DLC on the Xbox Cloud.

You may want to ask someone that has used the service, I wouldn't know, I don't use Cloud. I have a USB that can backup my drive. And it's perfectly legal, just have to remember to do it a little more often.
    edited January 2012
    LordRavenBaja;4623854 said:
    You may want to ask someone that has used the service, I wouldn't know, I don't use Cloud. I have a USB that can backup my drive. And it's perfectly legal, just have to remember to do it a little more often.
    It's of questionable legality at best. While backing up Xbox content is perfectly acceptable(short of flashing games, of course), it's a whole other issue with licensed music(as always).

But still, not sure how that will save your songs any better than just not deleting them. Guitar Sound wasn't deleted off your storage device by a third-party.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited January 2012
    It's precisely this "copying DLC" problem that led to the latest title update and the Dani California glitch in the first place. HMX have already stopped this illicit activity. He's got nothing to worry about from simply copying it himself, as the DLC still "belongs" to him and trying to play it no another machine and GT will not work.
    edited January 2012
    I would like to clarify something here. My HD on my XBox crashed and I lost all of the data on it. HMX nor any other entity is responsible for me not having Guitar Sounds on my HD, unless you want to point the finger at Microsoft for selling cheap HD's on their systems. Nobody "removed" it but me, I had to reformat the drive.

Creating a backup of my Xbox HD is simply prudence. Since a song that I've purchased is no longer available for download, it shows me that it is my responsibility to ensure the integrity and longevity of the data that I purchase.

As an additional note, backing up your music is covered under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). While companies may restrict this, such as ITunes, that is a company policy and one that your agree to when you sign up for the service. That is why I only purchase CD's and do not buy digital music via the internet. It is easily argued that DLC for RB would fall under this act. I do not believe HMX would choose to challenge this, since it is possible they would loose and create a new precedent for the management of all future releases. In the end, Microsoft provides a solution for this issue, which I will be employing.
  • Dogmatic2020Dogmatic2020 Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    Lowlander2;4623905 said:
    It's precisely this "copying DLC" problem that led to the latest title update and the Dani California glitch in the first place. HMX have already stopped this illicit activity. He's got nothing to worry about from simply copying it himself, as the DLC still "belongs" to him and trying to play it no another machine and GT will not work.
    If by "copying" you mean illegally downloading DLC which included RBN songs that had more illegal downloads than purchases? Than yes.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited January 2012
    Everyone please calm down, or I'm closing the thread.

To address the specific situation:

"Guitar Sound" by Ronald Jenkees was removed from the RBN store by the submitter (Alt-Strum Productions). This was a deliberate decision, not a bug; RBN submitters have the right to remove content from the store at any time.
  • Lowlander2Lowlander2 FaIling Star
    edited January 2012
    Dogmatic2020;4624308 said:
    If by "copying" you mean illegally downloading DLC which included RBN songs that had more illegal downloads than purchases? Than yes.

Numbers or bust.
  • NideckerNidecker Unsigned
    edited August 2013
    Um, just a question. I have this song in my download history, but last time I tried I could'nt play it. Will it work if I do a license transfer on my current console?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited August 2013
    Nidecker;5029400 said:
    Um, just a question. I have this song in my download history, but last time I tried I could'nt play it. Will it work if I do a license transfer on my current console?

Sadly, I believe it's been removed removed, as in it cannot even be re-downloaded.

Do note next time that it's perfectly valid to post a completely new thread if the last one hasn't been updated in over a year.
  • jbillytntjbillytnt Unsigned
    edited August 2013
    LoopyChew;5029886 said:
    Sadly, I believe it's been removed removed, as in it cannot even be re-downloaded.

Do note next time that it's perfectly valid to post a completely new thread if the last one hasn't been updated in over a year.

Very sad. Basically ruins any chances of getting another Ronald Jenkees song in RB.