That Authoring Group request thread

Comments

• DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    V8VANTAGE;4625486 said:
    How about "Preachin" by "The Answer"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbQmjr9lC80

They are pretty similar to Free Spirit in the sense that they take the older rock sound and modernize it. I just heard it on Planet Rock UK radio station a few minutes ago and now I want it on Rock Band.

They are on a label called "Albert Records" which I don't think is a huge label like Universal or Sony Music.

Is there any chance that this could be potential RBN material?
    Yes please! In my top 3 artists Guitar Hero has, that Rock Band doesn't. I'd kill for "Nowhere Freeway" (since I assume new material would come first).
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited January 2012
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4625380 said:
    Actually there's some reasons (that we're not going to get into publicly), but just know that there's no chance of ever seeing Fly to the Angels (or any of those other EMI bands that were up then disappeared) either on RBN or as official DLC.
    So no hope for a $2 copy of "Atomic" with the bass solo intact? That sucks.
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    DragoonXD;4625496 said:
    Yes please! In my top 3 artists Guitar Hero has, that Rock Band doesn't. I'd kill for "Nowhere Freeway" (since I assume new material would come first).

I've just listened to that song on Youtube. I'm stunned, thats now 3 songs i've heard from them I really like. One of there songs I'm sure I came across on the ATV/Motocross game, "Pure".
  • fatesdesignerfatesdesigner Unsigned
    edited January 2012
    I'm a huge fan of Rishloo and love that you guys were able to bring them into the game, so I thought I'd throw some requests/suggestions your way:
  • revengefanrevengefan Unsigned
    edited January 2012
    I am requesting the band Sloppy Seconds. They are a punk band from the 80s that had just starting touring again a few years ago. I saw them live and they are awesome. My friends bought me their album "Destroyed" and I couldn't stop playing it. Here is a sample off of Destroyed: Black Roses

By the way, is there any chance of getting any Dethklok in RBN? I know that they had a few songs in Guitar Hero.

Also, what about Green Jello/Green Jelly? If you don't know who they are, they had a hit in the 90's called "Three Little Pigs", but the entire album called the Cereal Killer Soundtrack was pretty awesome.
    Here is the Three Little Pigs video: Three Little Pigs
  • RetrokaiserRetrokaiser Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    Lowlander2;4625179 said:
    That's...a weird choice. Not that it's chiptune, because that's a staple of RBN2, but...the side project to an internet reviewer?
    Not that weird really. RBN has the intro to Psyguys podcast on it.
    Although, it is still an odd band request. :)
  • edited January 2012
    Is GamerBeats still around? If not can someone contact Bloom? I love the song we have and would really love more.
  • DragonclawDragonclaw Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    Weird about EMI, didn't we just get Coldplay? Poison is also an EMI band IIRC... Is it a recent falling out? Was really hoping for Slaughter and Great White :(

Anything come of me sending Junkyard your way? :)

As for requests..

Dangerous Toys
    Warrant
    Ratt
    Slade
    Quiet Riot
    Robert Palmer
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited January 2012
    Dragonclaw;4625823 said:
    Weird about EMI, didn't we just get Coldplay? Poison is also an EMI band IIRC... Is it a recent falling out? Was really hoping for Slaughter and Great White :(
    The post specified artists that almost came through RBN.
    edited January 2012
    Yes...but there was THIS response...
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4625380 said:
    Actually there's some reasons (that we're not going to get into publicly), but just know that there's no chance of ever seeing Fly to the Angels (or any of those other EMI bands that were up then disappeared) either on RBN or as official DLC.

Those last few words would seem to indicate something more serious. The other posts also indicated the problems were with EMI as a whole. Not just Slaughter...
  • KyleJCrbKyleJCrb Opening Act
    edited January 2012
    Here are some independent artists (as in they retain the rights to their own music for the most part) I'd love to see in the game:

Stemage - aka Grant Henry, guitarist and arranger for Metroid cover band Metroid Metal. He has composed the music for XBLIG release Alpha Squad, released an original album called Zero Over Zero, and has written other original stuff previously.

chunkstyle - Bandmate with Stemage, has an original album of material released under the name Yes, Mayhem.

Jake Kaufman - aka virt, sound designer and composer for game developer WayForward. He's written (and still retains the rights to) the music for Shantae: Risky's Revenge, Mighty Milky Way/Flip Champs/Switch Force, Bloodrayne: Betrayal, and has written dozens of other original songs, some of which can be heard on his album Kwakfest.

I Fight Dragons - A pop-rock band with chiptune elements, similar to Anamanaguchi.

Frank Klepacki - Composer for the Command & Conquer game series, he has also independently released six albums of original music which would make keyboardists and guitarists very happy.

Teleidofusion - A mindblowing meld of 8-bit chiptune and guitar that seriously NEEDS to be in Rock Band.

Danimal Cannon - Guitarist for game cover band ARMCANNON, Dan has really come into his own as of late with writing original material. I'd love to have some of the songs from his album Roots in the game, especially Danimal Across America.

EDIT: Also, I'd personally love to see some Homestar Runner songs like Trogdor and Because it's Midnite return from Guitar Hero, if only to have them with full band parts.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited January 2012
    Dragonclaw;4625839 said:
    Yes...but there was THIS response...
    Yeah, same one I referred to.
    there's no chance of ever seeing...any of those other EMI bands that were up then disappeared...on RBN or as official DLC.
    edited January 2012
    This is the other post I was referring to...
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4625397 said:
    Yes it does. A lot.

Emi had some great hair/80's bands that are cut off from RB.

With the news that EMI is being sold off to different companies, there's hope that their catalog might end up at a RB friendly corporation. So it's not all doom and gloom I guess.
  • TKSTKS Road Warrior
    edited January 2012
    I got several bands I would like to see if you guys could get on rb, hopefully at least one or maybe more of these can happen idk.

1. Bowling For Soup
    2. Taking Back Sunday ( their later cds are on big major labels but their first two full cd's are on Victory records)
    3. Tonight Alive ( Fearless records)
    4. The Offspring ( probably not anything after Smash cause I think thats on a too big label but their first three cds could work maybe ( those are on Nemesis and Epitaph records)
    5. Army Of Freshmen
    6. Sugarcult
    7. Electric Touch
    8. Eve 6 ( new cd coming out in april is on fearless records)
    9. The Used ( probably not older stuff, but new cd coming out soon is on very small label)
    10. Eyes set to kill
    11. The Operation M.D.
    12. Picture Me Broken
  • SoundXplorerSoundXplorer Unsigned
    edited January 2012
    I know that TAG doesn't work with many instrumental artists (if any now that I think about it) but one artist who I'm pretty sure is not signed to a major label and who might be interested in the rbn is a guy named Neil Zaza. This guy's been around for a while and has made some pretty cool stuff. I think that any one if not all of his material would be great for RockBand especially the RBN, one song in particular called "I'm Alright" (I've put a link in my post for the song).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9aZuYglcn4

By the way, this is actually my first post on the forums, so if I have neglected any forum etiquette in any way, I do apologize, just bear with me because I am new at this.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited January 2012
    TKS;4625978 said:

2. Taking Back Sunday ( their later cds are on big major labels but their first two full cd's are on Victory records)
    3. Tonight Alive ( Fearless records)
    8. Eve 6 ( new cd coming out in april is on fearless records)

victory is partnered with rhythm authors, if you want taking back sunday you'd best be talking to them.

the other two... well, I'll see what I can do
  • queuemarkqueuemark Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    A few more from me:

Broken Social Scene
    Peter Murphy (new song "I Spit Roses" would be amazing)
    Gogol Bordello
    Danko Jones
    Peachcake
    Ladytron
    ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead

Okay, I'll restrain myself, for now.
  • johnnyboybladejohnnyboyblade Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    I'm not sure if it would be appropriate to request, but I'd love more Anarchy Club :-) (Including the songs that were going to be released by Kario Charts before they stopped)

As for bands not yet released on the RBN, I don't suppose Prong, Flaw or Spineshank would be worth a go? I'm sure they would have been contacted in the past at some stage by fans but maybe being approached by an actual authoring group would be more successful? (Although I think at some stage Prong was coming to the RBN but so far I can't find anything released?)
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited February 2012
    Good call on Tonight Alive, I dig them. Picture Me Broken is definitely down for more songs too, at least I know Brooklyn is. Since their new label released those Black Veil Brides songs I'd assume that it's just a matter of contacting them.

As far as some other bands...

Aria (Canadian band, similar to VersaEmerge): "Escaping The Transience" // "Your Underling" // "E.T." (a cover we unfortunately couldn't use)

The Missing (great local band, I know they are similar to someone I've heard but I'm not placing it): "Black As A Crow" // "Spiderbites"

Ready,Set,Fall! - "Buried Alive"

Fit For Rivals - "Damage"
  • TKSTKS Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    Zemanator;4626061 said:
    victory is partnered with rhythm authors, if you want taking back sunday you'd best be talking to them.

the other two... well, I'll see what I can do

well thanks then for the other two :) but why not any of the others?
  • gunner07gunner07 Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    queuemark;4626130 said:

Broken Social Scene
    Peter Murphy (new song "I Spit Roses" would be amazing)
    Ladytron
    Great call, especially on the Peter Murphy song!
  • AnacondaAnaconda Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    Maybe Halford/Fight stuff? It seems its record label is Metal God Records so it only selss Rob Halfords stuff (non Judas Priest).
    Maybe he would be interested in RBN as we have many Judas Priests songs in game already...?
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited February 2012
    TKS;4626223 said:
    well thanks then for the other two :) but why not any of the others?

I know offspring isnt possible, we've already fished for the used's new album, but they decided to use a bigger label whose not interested to release it, we've gone after eyes set to kill's label multiple times only to be continuously ignored, the others I didnt mention because they're still in the 'have to send them an email' phase, whereas we're working with fearless records already.
  • Pointblank41Pointblank41 Rising Star
    edited February 2012
    I'd love to see Quietdrive on RBN as well as some more Third Eye Blind. Whatever happened to the authoring group that made the 3 TEB songs that we got like 2 years ago?
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    Pointblank41;4626245 said:
    I'd love to see Quietdrive on RBN as well as some more Third Eye Blind. Whatever happened to the authoring group that made the 3 TEB songs that we got like 2 years ago?

I don't think it was a single group that authored Third Eye Blind. As far as I remember, they were distributed amongst three different authors. I think RockGamer was one of them.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    I'd love to get some The Ocean (collective) both new and old stuff.

Here some examples of Old Ocean and New Ocean.

I'd like to get some Cult Of Luna as well. Ghost Brigade isn't enough for my thirst of post-metal.
  • b4mvb4mv Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    Lostprophets
    Labels: Visible Noise, Sony Music, Epic

Too Late The Hero
    Labels: ReThink Records

Rufio
    Labels: Nitro, The Militia Group

Sabrepulse
    Labels: Bleep Street, 8BitPeoples

Pour Habit
    Labels: Fat Wreck Chords
    [In all honestly, there isn't a single band on Fat Wreck Chords I wouldn't want..]

The Used [Latest CD]
    Labels: Hopeless Records

Hell, if you guys can get stuff from Hopeless Records, I'd love to see
    Yellowcard
    The Used
    We Are The In Crowd
    The Wonder Years

I know they put stuff out on RBN, for Anabor, Silverstein, and There For Tomorrow all have content
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    b4mv;4626361 said:

I know they put stuff out on RBN, for Anabor, Silverstein, and There For Tomorrow all have content

Just because the bands have content through RBN doesn't mean Hopeless was involved. Silverstein had a song released because they were on Victory.
  • SCFoxSCFox Opening Act
    edited February 2012
    I tried to do this back when this thread was only three pages long, but my computer doesn't always like me...

Anyway, for my major record label bands:

Ludo
    (MySpace | Facebook)
    Their first album (and EP) was released under their own record label, Redbird Records, but that has since been merged into Island Records, which is of course under Universal. So, I'm not sure if that means an automatic no to their first two releases, but I figured it'd be worth a shot.

Killswitch Engage
    (MySpace | Facebook)
    While they are currently signed with Roadrunner, their first album was released under Ferret Music. They've had one song released through standard DLC, in the first Roadrunner pack, so I figure if Roadrunner isn't down for RBN maybe Ferret will be, having already had a few of their artists make their way to RBN (The Devil Wears Prada and LoveHateHero).

The Classic Crime
    (MySpace | Facebook)
    They're signed under Tooth & Nail, which I'm pretty sure we've gotten bands from before (I just can't recall which authoring group). I've seen a few tour videos of theirs where they were playing Rock Band back stage, so I figure that might be a somewhat hint that they could be interested.

Now as for smaller label stuff:

Rise of Saturn
    (MySpace | Facebook)
    This 5-piece band, with 2 drummers and a trumpetist/lead singer from the Tampa Bay area has been self described as "nerdcore hip hop funky fusion rock = prog hop". They are currently on what is practically their own label (Mohawk Bomb Records), and just last year released their first album, Sex, Drugs, and Comic Books, and a music video. Before the release of their album, I had spoken to them about RBN, which they had definite interest in. Originally I was going to self author, but as I lack the skills, time, and money I figured I'd post their info here with the hopes that someone more able will pick them up. So please check them out!
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited February 2012
    Catch-22;4626368 said:
    Just because the bands have content through RBN doesn't mean Hopeless was involved. Silverstein had a song released because they were on Victory.
    Hopeless Records has an account on creators (which is still premium even). Silverstein has two songs released, "Burning Hearts" is on Hopeless, "American Dream" is on Victory.